Pocket Query

I have recently down loaded the GSAK. It showes me how to make pocket querys and that I should receive an email. I have tried several time and I haven't gotten any of the queries. I have sent it to three different emails and checked all of my spams. Anyone have any helpful info for me to get this to work? Thanks

I have recently down loaded the GSAK. It showes me how to make pocket querys and that I should receive an email. I have tried several time and I haven't gotten any of the queries. I have sent it to three different emails and checked all of my spams. Anyone have any helpful info for me to get this to work? Thanks
Try previewing your PQ after you make it. If there are no caches because you checked conflicting options then you won't get a PQ. You can preview it and make sure the info is there. If it's there then check today's day of the week. ;) Edited by TrailGators

Are you sure they have been sent? Look on the right side of your PQ page. It should be in bold if it has been sent recently.

Start there and then report back.

I am not sure. PQ's are tricky. ;)

If you are sure you have the results the way that you want, (Use the preview feature to make sure) then try checking the appropriate day you want the PQ to generate.

Im not sure if that will do it or not. But it certainly wont hurt.

I have two queries, one has date and the other doesn't.

We are all still learning one thing or another. Dont worry. Most are glad to help. ;)

What did you mean by the above?

You need 2 PQ's and only got 1?

Make sure they are what you want by using preview. (I know i already said that.) Sometimes if you shoot too many off you go past your quota for the day and have to wait.

What is a 25 cache or a 100 cache?

Anyway- check to make sure both or set up properly. Are they set to run once then delete? Or are they set to never run?

I check mine to: "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs"

Then i just check the day i want and it runs.

Now, anyone know anything about getting the gsak info to my palm pilot?

I'll go out on a limb here and say that most [a lot of?] folks use cachemate [see post above for link]. Once installed on your PDA, you can transfer info direct from GSAK.

First, open the database you want, and if necessary, run a filter to get the caches you want. Then, click on File->Export, and on the dropdown menu, the fist option is to transfer to PDA using cachemate.

I guess that you need to overcome the learning curve for GSAK--I'm still learning, and if you follow these forums, you'll see that a lot of other GSAK users are still learning, too.

Hope this helps...

Phil/ve1bvd

There is a way you can get almost the full compliment of 2500 caches per day if you create the PQs to return caches by the date they were placed. I haven't set mine up this way, but you could start by creating a PQ to return all the caches placed between 1/1/2000 and 1/1/2003 and see how many that gives you. Then, set up the next PQ to return all the caches placed between 1/2/2003 and 1/1/2004.

GSAK has a Macro that can help you set this up, but I don't know anything about it. You could visit the very-helpful GSAK Forums for assistance with that.

There is a way you can get almost the full compliment of 2500 caches per day if you create the PQs to return caches by the date they were placed. I haven't set mine up this way, but you could start by creating a PQ to return all the caches placed between 1/1/2000 and 1/1/2003 and see how many that gives you. Then, set up the next PQ to return all the caches placed between 1/2/2003 and 1/1/2004.

GSAK has a Macro that can help you set this up, but I don't know anything about it. You could visit the very-helpful GSAK Forums for assistance with that.

The GSAK macro only works once you get all those caches into GSAK. Then it will optimize the dates for you for the next time you do it. In the meantime, don't check any days and preview the results of each until you get 500 caches. Start with the radius you want and the oldest date and keep adjusting the dates until you get what you want. Then send it to yourself. Then repeat this process for the next set of dates... Edited by TrailGators

Okay, I created a PQ. Now.....Where you are suppose to click on "Add to quere" mine is grayed out. What does this mean? It says it was last run on July 11th. I know it can only be run once every 7 days, but that has passed. I was trying to update my stats. Am I doing this wrong? I am using Cache Stats.

Thanks

You can get that "All Finds" PQ only once every seven days. It is the only PQ that has an "Add to Queue" button. I once requested an "Add to Queue" button for each PQ in the list, but that hasn't been implemented. :anibad: To get a PQ you have created, that is now in your list -- you can have up to 40 PQs in that list -- you have to check the day for it to run. I have mine set up to "Uncheck the day of the week after it runs," because I don't "schedule" my PQs. Sometimes the check mark goes away, sometimes it doesn't . . . :blink:

If you have gotten a PQ the previous day, it might be delayed because it goes to the end of the queue on the server. If you absolutely need the same PQ, making a "Copy" of it, and requesting that one, will put it at the top of the PQs being sent out that day. It should start arriving in your InBox almost immediately. :laughing:

No. Wasn't looking for "All finds" just "My Finds" so I am able to put them onto Cache Stats. But it isn't even letting me "Add to Quere". I don't need the list everyday but it seems to email me the same thing 4-5 times in a row. I have now unchecked every box and deleted all of my queres. Guess I will have to start over. After doing that, it still has my "My Finds" block, grayed out. I just don't understand why this is so difficult......