GPS the MOVIE and the website

AB4N

I can't believe this thread is back........

Well, I know one thing. That water is still cold. :laughing: According to IMDB.com this movie was in fact made in 2006. I can't find it on boxofficemojo.com, which would tell you how many theatres it played in, and the Gross receipts. Which is very strange, I mean they have some totally bizzare independent films listed on that website, that grossed as little as $12,000 (and that's just looking at the titles that begin with "G").

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I can't believe this thread is back........

Sorry for bringing it up again! ;) I like geocaching and this film genre. I heard there was a movie about a GPS hunt so i searched the internet, finding this topic. I was intressested if someone knew anymore about this movie.

I can't believe I'm posting to the thread again! OK, the film is made, but may be realeased in the summer of 2007. I guess that would explain it not showing as released up on boxofficemojo.com, because believe me, they have everything there.

I found this by poking around gpsthegame.com, a sister website of gpsthemovie.com best I can tell, this update (dated 2/28/2007) does not appear on the movie website. Cut and pasted:

THE MOVIE

Thank you so much for your support with the game and our movie. As you know our movie is a true independent film. Not the kind that Hollywood makes with $20 million dollars, major actors, and studio support. We put our heart, sweat, and tears into our movie. It took super long hours, a dedicated crew, talented/devoted actors, and a true "we believe" attitude.

So we want to thank you for your support and we are anxious to have you watch it. We've been somewhat hush/hush about when and where the movie will be released. Each step of a film release is about timing, and we've been

careful about not releasing it too early or too late. That being said, we

will be releasing the movie theatrically in select areas throughout the United States this summer. We will keep you informed on locations, dates, and times. If you feel we should screen it in your town, please email us and we'll see what we can do to make this happen. Once the theatrical run is over, some time will pass before it is released on DVD. We are putting many behind the scenes featurettes together for you to enjoy and we hope you'll support us again by buying the DVD.

Our success will be determined by your support in your local community, and through the buzz that is built about the movie itself. We don't have millions of dollars to market down your throats, so we truly do appreciate your support and we hope you'll come out to support us, your underdog filmmaker.

Thanks again,

Eric Colley & Hallie Shepherd

This info is linked to On this webpage.

This thread won't die but others will...

The movie is coming out in August at select Indie friendly theatres.

I saw the complete film 3 days ago so I know it is real. If you go to the movie thinking it is about geocaching or the fundamentals of caching you will not be a happy camper. If you like thrillers and suspense then you will like the adventure that a set of cachers end up on.

The movie is a good thriller and has a lot of humor through out it that some may say is over the top, or you may say it is really how you and your friends act when out in the woods. Given that the movie won't make every gps toting person happy but it will keep you on the edge of your seat and give you several outbursts of laughter.

Don't go to critique the caching or else you will miss what the film and won't enjoy it for its real intent.

Going on a GPS hunt... Me and Andew....

It's real. I met with the producer over more than a year ago (I think it was the producer. I don't remember much about them except they looked like movie student types. I think I met the actress playing "Frankie" as well). They wanted Geocaching.com to provide funding for the movie but I showed them my lint filled pockets and shrugged. It's good they worked out the cost in getting their project going.

Honestly even if we had the money to support the project we wouldn't because of the subject matter. We show the site as "family friendly" and the whole suspense thriller vibe wouldn't be a good idea. The concept is interesting however, and I'm always up for a suspense thriller.

Send them to the adult-oriented portion of Waymarking.com, and have the sister site provide the sponsorship. I'm sure Bootron would take a pay cut in exchange for the publicity. :angry:

i watched the revues and collecting the cards the gps the movie is real

Well they find a cachie and get murdered.

one by one.

the scene is very nice.

anyone more comments about this?

I think I've found that cache.

The terrain and difficulty rating were significantly underrated. :D

Edited by ekitt10

This movie was finished last year and the website has been up for quite awhile. It's finally going to go to theatres?

I thought maybe it was already a straight-to-DVD thing, never heard it anywhere but the website and never heard of any of the actors/actresses in it.

If it's really going to be released in theatres, I just hope that idiots who don't otherwise know about geocaching suddenly think that it is an unsafe activity; especially those who have to power to pass laws :D

We're going on a GPS hunt, me and Andrew.

[sarcasm]Wow its a movie based on the amazingly popular GPS treasure hunts. Whenever I go Geocaching with young, nubile, coeds, its for a cache with two million in it, which leads to a grave. [/sarcasm] God help us if this movie puts Geocaching on MTV's radar.

Perhaps one of the mods could merge this thread with the exsisting one about the movie?

Edited by magellan315

I saw it in Seattle Saturday night. It was a good indy film and worth seeing if you're a cacher.There's a t thread in the Northwest section of this forum and it's getting getting reviews.

Geospartan

I was in the audienc too on Sat night. Do you remember the crazy lady and her partner from NJ that they gave the poster too, well that was me. Yep I played the online game and collected all the character cards, even won one of the treaasure boxes, hid two for the game myself and yes finally flew from NJ to seattle to see the premier. see my review & photos here

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?arti...281474977111265

I saw it in Seattle Saturday night. It was a good indy film and worth seeing if you're a cacher.There's a t thread in the Northwest section of this forum and it's getting getting reviews.

Geospartan

I was in the audienc too on Sat night. Do you remember the crazy lady and her partner from NJ that they gave the poster too, well that was me. Yep I played the online game and collected all the character cards, even won one of the treaasure boxes, hid two for the game myself and yes finally flew from NJ to seattle to see the premier. see my review & photos here

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?arti...281474977111265

Oh wow, yeah I totally remember. You two were sitting to the right, in the back of the main floor setting. My girlfriend and I were sitting all the way to the left on the main floor setting. And we looked at each other and did say "who are those two crazy people from NJ". lol I've told several people about the movie, the theater, and the two who flew all the way from NJ.

I read your review and it sounded professional and was very well done, except for "the roads are screwy in Washington" and in all fairness, pear and lavender flavored pizza sounded extremely gross to me too. It was our first time there and it was an experience. I'm not too sure we'll ever go back, that is unless I bring my own ice or they make "GPS the movie 2".

My friend ( Who was with me) Dublin_rfk is even going to go to one of the showings in NM; the one that is also an event by boatman. I can not make it this time though. I'd go back for GPS the Movie 2. Just received an email from Hallie and I will be purchasing my hubby as Calvin Dunovan on the Charachter cards if you are interested.

Edited by chstress53

My friend ( Who was with me) Dublin_rfk is even going to go to one of the showings in NM; the one that is also an event by boatman. I can not make it this time though. I'd go back for GPS the Movie 2. Just received an email from Hallie and I will be purchasing my hubby as Calvin Dunovan on the Charachter cards if you are interested.

You guys are a hoot! I saw a NJ cacher sign up for Dinner at Harla May's and did a double take. There's a big event the next day - 3rd Annual Valencia Fun Day and we're going to do an outdoor showing. You might as well come along, too. ;)

I am not sure if this is the best way to share this information. I just don't know!java script:emoticon(':lol:',%20'smid_8')

java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_24')Original Message follows:

I have great news.  GPS is opening for the AOF film fest in Pasadena, CA on July 25th!

If you're in town, I'd love to see you there.  I'll paste the information regarding the screening at the bottom of this email.

There is a 6PM screening of Ghost Town, and then a 8PM screening of GPS. 

Thank you for your support!  Let me know if you can make it. 

Eric

==========

WHEN: 8PM Friday, July 25th.

WHERE: Laemmle Theatre atOne Colorado Blvd (42 Miller Alley) in Pasadena, CA

TICKETS: $8 in advance/ $10 at the door - (call 626-355-6929 for tix, or just buy at the door)

AFTER PARTY: Next door at the Gordan Biersch Brewery

MOVIE WEBSITE: [ http://www.GPStheMovie.com ]www.GPStheMovie.com

FESTIVAL WEBSITE: [ http://www.aoffest.com ]www.aoffest.com

--------------------------------

Eric Colley

[ mailto:eric@fireshoe.com ]eric@fireshoe.com

[ http://www.fireshoe.com ]www.fireshoe.com

888-7-FIRESHOE xt. 2

310-684-3939 xt 2

A screenshot of the trailer

clipboard01cv6.png

They know GPSr are mostly a male geek device, thus showing this could only help attract more people to view the movie. :D

It's not the 1st time I heard of it but now it's about time I try to find it to view it. I wonder if it has been translated to french?