Visiting Hawaii (Oahu) September, must do caches?

bhodisatva

Going to be in Hawaii for my birthday in September and would like some ideas on "must do" caches, only going to be there for a week though so would like at least to grab one "extra special" cache if possible. Don't know how easy it is to get around the island but will be based at the Pacific Beach hotel, any and all ideas welcome.

Edited by bhodisatva

We are going to Maui next month.

I have checked on Google Earth for caches, found some and contacted the owners asking for advice.

I have had great response, try that.

Nick

I'm in Maui right now. I did a few caches yesterday and hope to do a few more today. There was an awesome road we traveled to get to a cache called 12 mile.

Honolulu caching was easy right in Waikiki.

Dave from SD

We are going to Maui next month.

I have checked on Google Earth for caches, found some and contacted the owners asking for advice.

I have had great response, try that.

Nick

I'm in Maui right now. I did a few caches yesterday and hope to do a few more today. There was an awesome road we traveled to get to a cache called 12 mile.

Honolulu caching was easy right in Waikiki.

Great.. I'll check you profile for the caches you got in Maui.

Nick

Escondido

Dave from SD

Aloha! As perhaps you have noticed, most Hawaii cachers never venture into the National Forums. You may have better luck on our local forum.

And, just FYI, when asking questions about Hawaii, it is always useful to say which island(s) you will be visiting. For starters you can check out And now for something completely different. It is our bookmark our favorite unique caches on the island. There is good caching in/near Waikiki, but for the truly amazing you'll need to venture out, a car would come in handy.

If you like historic caches we have GC23 located on a 4.5 mile loop trail that now has a total of 7 caches along it and its spurs.

Another cache rich scenic hike is the Makapuu area.

That should get you started.