Twin cache Pretoria and Durban

RedGlobe

I think I might be too late, but I would also like to do the "Twin Pretoria". DiePienaars introduced me to geocaching, and I met their twin, RedGlobe at an event this week. He told me about this cache (I havent been caching that side of PTA yet).

Anybody from good ol' Durbs interested? I would prefer a weekend, and with a few days notice, at least, as I travel alot between Pretoria, Centurion and Boksburg. But I have been to the Bon Accord dam before, so the multi-cache shouldn't be too much of a problem.

PM sent

Sorry. I really wanted to do it on horseback, but that is an activity I do with my fiancee, and she was/is visiting some family in the Western Cape and my opportunity to attempt this was beginning to end.

By the way I would reccommend doing this on horseback. If another cacher is attempting this by horse, let me know and I'll come along. I won't help, though. If I was part of a team that could figure this out with a twin, anybody with some determination could!

PS. Favourite point awarded...

Sorry. I really wanted to do it on horseback, ..........................

Where do you get an attachment for your Garmin and where do you attach it to the horse? Do you have an 12VDC accessories plug for the power? I managed to get these issues resolved quite easily for my ysterperd so was just wondering!! :P

Edited by cincol

Where do you get an attachment for your Garmin and where do you attach it to the horse? Do you have an 12VDC accessories plug for the power? I managed to get these issues resolved quite easily for my ysterperd so was just wondering!! :P

Read my log on the cache's site:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3070d5aa-415e-4902-9405-9ede85e0ef06

for an answer to your question.

Remember, a Horse has automatic steering as well, and semi manual in that you need only one hand. And when you're ysterperd feels lonely, you could return to it to do other caches, but first it would have to take you for a ride. There aren't that many caches around these parts...

Read my log on the cache's site:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3070d5aa-415e-4902-9405-9ede85e0ef06

for an answer to your question.

Remember, a Horse has automatic steering as well, and semi manual in that you need only one hand. And when you're ysterperd feels lonely, you could return to it to do other caches, but first it would have to take you for a ride. There aren't that many caches around these parts...

Nice one - I Like! B)

@Cincol . . . you use your GPS’r the same way as when you go hiking in the mountains.

I will not ask you where you plug in your power accessories for your GPS’r when hiking . . . :tongue:

@Cincol . . . you use your GPS’r the same way as when you go hiking in the mountains.

I will not ask you where you plug in your power accessories for your GPS’r when hiking . . . :tongue:

No RedGlobe, you misunderstand the question!! On the ysterperd you attach it to your handlebars. On the other perd there must be another attachment point, but living in the desert we only have camels and Land Cruisers - both have large consoles to use. I was just wondering..................... :ph34r: