Twin cache Pretoria and Durban

RedGlobe

This topic can be used to find a team either in the Sandpit or in Gauteng to team up when doing the “Twin Pretoria” and “Twin Durban” cache. Please note the caches are not listed yet but are coming soon. So in the mean time start doing arrangements as both teams needs to do the caches together to solve the mystery of both waypoints. :D:D:angry:

Calling Wazat, Wazat can you hear me? Would you mind to collaborate with me on the forthcoming cache by RedGlobe? After reading the GR cache discussion on the forum I think it would be wise to find a partner early. Please let me know via the forum.

Thanks

LeonW

I would be happy to assist but I am in Newcastle, which is a good 300 plus kilo's from Durban and Pretoria. I am right in the middle. So I am like a vibration...... A motion which doesn't know where to go. Now if there was a triple collaboration type cache with me in the middle...... Then that may be an idea..... Sorry bud.

Thanks Wazat, I understand that you can't take the Lamborgini out for a spin just every day, maybe you should trade it in and get a 4x4 like a Porche Carrera, more geocaching usefull.

Dare I ask if "Batsgonemad and his squirrel" would collaborate with me on this cache, there may be even some more - who knows?

:D

Thanks Wazat, I understand that you can't take the Lamborgini out for a spin just every day, maybe you should trade it in and get a 4x4 like a Porche Carrera, more geocaching usefull.

I think I would rather go out with the Porshe Cayene, but I bust it's GPS when I tried to pull it out the dash. Now I have to use my Corsa Lite 2x4. Not the fastest but it is easier to lift out of dongas even with a GPSr in the other hand.

Like wise R&H, thanks for alerting me to the publishing of the cache. I were still snoozing away, dreaming of Barbara if I recall correctly. ( My wife is threatening me...) Had a ball of a hunt at the clue site. Saw from your photo that it must have been quite a hike to finding the Durban Twin.

Congratulations to you also for being FTF.!

:tired:

This note is just a reminder to all the new cachers (or old hands that have not done them yet) out there to test your newly found skill on these caches that will provide lots of fun (or frustration) and the same time get to know some cachers on the other side of your world. :mad::mad:

All you Pretoria cachers, with the Mid Summer Madness event coming up (07 Feb 09) and being held in Memorial Park Durban, it gives you the opportunity to see all the new cachers in the Durban area for you to contact if you want to find the Twin Pretoria cache. I will also encourage the cachers in KZN to try the Twin Durban cache during the event.

Edited by DiePienaars

Let me get in here early...

Any Pretorian's, Joburgian's etc keen to do the twin cache together? Not necessarily at the Mid Summer Madness cache either (avoid the rush). If you're keen, send me a mail.

I'm also pretty flexible with my times as a shift worker.

Look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Skyjuggler

Now that sounds like a plane, although I received a phone call earlier this morning advising that I shouldn't give in and keep the local cachers guessing... Then again, this sounds like a fair swap:) :(

Hi there, Skyjuggler.

I noticed from the forum that you are looking for someone to pare with to do the "TWINS", (hat is about a month and a half ago). I noticed that you didn't find it yet, does that mean that you don't have a pare yet? I would be interested to join you, and decide a time when we can get this one. I am not in hurry, so we can decide a time when suites both of us.

Hear from you soon.

Aight, it's time to get "Twin Pretoria" under my belt. Anyone in Durban want to pair up with me? Tomorrow would be great (but short notice), otherwise anytime before 13 November.

We keen for tomorrow afternoon (Sunday afternoon) [ Otherwise, next week sat, sun, the following week... ]

Email me you cell number and I'll contact you tomorrow.

Aight, it's time to get "Twin Pretoria" under my belt. Anyone in Durban want to pair up with me? Tomorrow would be great (but short notice), otherwise anytime before 13 November.

We keen for tomorrow afternoon (Sunday afternoon) [ Otherwise, next week sat, sun, the following week... ]

Email me you cell number and I'll contact you tomorrow.

Excellent! Email sent - prepared to be twinned tomorrow!

Hi Durbanites, any cachers ready to participate in this Twin? Please reply here to set up a time and date. :anicute:

Hi there.... we would be able to have a go at it on the Saturday the 28th November. Give us shout if that would suit you.

Good stuff, I'll put that date in my diary, will PM you with my contact details. Thanks. :lol:

Hi Durbanites, any cachers ready to participate in this Twin? Please reply here to set up a time and date. :)

Hi there.... we would be able to have a go at it on the Saturday the 28th November. Give us shout if that would suit you.

Good stuff, I'll put that date in my diary, will PM you with my contact details. Thanks. :)

Hi Iceweed, sorry we are not going to be able to make it this weekend but we have found you a KZN substitute - we have sent you an email with the details.

We are also keen to do the TWIN caches...we'll be in Durbs from 27 Feb to 3 March. I know it is a very short time, but it is all we have. We also have two small kiddies (3 yr old and 1 yr old) so it puts a bit of a spanner in the works. Anyone in Durbs keen and able to be our partner for this one?

Ooops sorry Geo936…..if you are in Durbs you will need a twin in Pretoria….one team in Durban and one in Pretoria to solve the puzzle. :unsure:

Oh right...sorry....I have said it before that I'm not the one with the brains in our family (but I got the smile :anibad: ). Okay, will read the listing (again) and will add another post soon! thanks for the correction :unsure:

Hi GEO936, I hope to be home during that weekend (27,28 Feb) and maybe we can meet you at Memorial cache, (Not that I will help you on the cache) but just to say Hi.

You guys in Pta can try and contact StirfS as they posted on the Memorial cache that they might be interested to do the Twin cache in Durban.

GEO936 you will need to hike about 500m to the cache and recently Durban is very hot, and with kids hiking would not be very wise. But maybe the weather will be cooler over that weekend.

Hi GEO936, I hope to be home during that weekend (27,28 Feb) and maybe we can meet you at Memorial cache, (Not that I will help you on the cache) but just to say Hi.

You guys in Pta can try and contact StirfS as they posted on the Memorial cache that they might be interested to do the Twin cache in Durban.

GEO936 you will need to hike about 500m to the cache and recently Durban is very hot, and with kids hiking would not be very wise. But maybe the weather will be cooler over that weekend.

Thanks DiePienaars. We will let you know when we can get together. you are right, hiking with the kids is extremely difficult. Often what happens is that Rolf goes on ahead, while I stay put with the kids and wait for him to return. We did that at the one cache in the Free State next to the Lesotho border. Shame poor Rolf - sweating and killing himself and almost falling off a cliff to retrieve a cache, while I had tea and cake with the kids and spent time looking and feeding the farm animals! :)

If anything, we would look at sunday, 28th in the afternoon, but will let you know.

I am very keen on doing Twins but we've got a CITO on the 27th. 28th can work for me after 10H00

Regards

StirfS

Yes, the CITO - we so badly wanted to attend that!! But this trip to the coast is an opportunity which we also can't miss. 28th would work better for us too...probably in the afternoon, but will let you know.

I am very keen on doing Twins but we've got a CITO on the 27th. 28th can work for me after 10H00

Regards

StirfS

Yes, the CITO - we so badly wanted to attend that!! But this trip to the coast is an opportunity which we also can't miss. 28th would work better for us too...probably in the afternoon, but will let you know.

Great I’ll be waiting

I am keen to do the Twins cache - is there anyone in Pretoria who wants to team up?

Weekend preferable but not essential (not the long weekend at the end of Sept).

Thanks in advance.

Pete

You are welcome to send 4firefox an email, I know that he will be keen to do this one and he also stay not too far from the dam.

Regards

StirfS

I am keen to do the Twins cache - is there anyone in Pretoria who wants to team up?

Weekend preferable but not essential (not the long weekend at the end of Sept).

Thanks in advance.

Pete

You are welcome to send 4firefox an email, I know that he will be keen to do this one and he also stay not too far from the dam.

Regards

StirfS

Thanks - already speaking to GerhardoosMPa, but if that does not work, then I will contact him.

PT

Hi,

just to let you know that I have sent a note to 4firefox regarding this cache to team up.

So hopefully we will be able to tackle this together.

Good luck TechnoNut, hope that Gerhard and you bag it as well.

Hi,

just to let you know that I have sent a note to 4firefox regarding this cache to team up.

So hopefully we will be able to tackle this together.

Good luck TechnoNut, hope that Gerhard and you bag it as well.

Gerhard and I have cracked it (mainly Gerhard) :blink: Will go and collect soon. ;)

Wazat,

The listing stated that it is not possible to do the twin yourself. But it is possible. You need to study the devices and to record your observations. Use a spreadsheet and try to make sense of everything. I battled with this one and even with a twin we were in the dark. This is one of the best caches I came across. Well done to the real twins for a good idea and a real cache.

Luckily a good friend pushed me into a direction. On the other hand I know that you have the ability to crack it in a jiffy. So I will be watching you .... like a hawk...eish...where did that come from? :anitongue:

Gerhard

I think I might be too late, but I would also like to do the "Twin Pretoria". DiePienaars introduced me to geocaching, and I met their twin, RedGlobe at an event this week. He told me about this cache (I havent been caching that side of PTA yet).

Anybody from good ol' Durbs interested? I would prefer a weekend, and with a few days notice, at least, as I travel alot between Pretoria, Centurion and Boksburg. But I have been to the Bon Accord dam before, so the multi-cache shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edited by Black James Cash