what phones have gps ?

I have a nokia e65, and while it doesn't have gps built in, connects nicely to my bluetooth gps bug. The only problem I have is software. I really wanted my phone to be the 'all-in-one' cache package, but the only symbian software I've found is AFTrack, which doesn't work correctly on my phone. TomTom works a treat though, which gets the car to the car park ok!

I've been using my Mio a701 now for 14 months for phone calls, PDA functions, caching and it's been brilliant. It has a few 'quirks' as does any device of this nature but if you know how to use a PPC properly, then you will overcome any problems.

For caching on mine I use Memory Map, Cachemate, Tomtom & Pocket Navigator 6 (for Cyprus).

We have a very popular user's forum here..

www.miousers.co.uk

I have a nokia e65, ... the only symbian software I've found is AFTrack,

Does it have to be symbian?

My husband runs TrekBuddy on his E65 and I use GPSJ on my N80 (which admittedly you have to pay for).

Both are java and will run on many phones therefore.

I use an Orange M700. It comes with Windows Mobile 5 as standard although I have been using WM6 on it for some time and I can highly recommend the device.

I have used phone enabled PDA's for some time and this is the first one that has made be put my trusty old Nokia in a cupboard and I don't think it will ever be used again.

The GPS on the M700 is reasonably accurate although it doesn't have WAAS. I have had no problems at all using it to find caches using Memory Map or Beeline.

You should also find that the phone should be free on a contracts of £ 35.00 per month and over making it a good buy if you already spend that much on mobile calls.

Hope that is some help.

Dave - The Gecko's

My O2 Orbit has built in GPS as well as being a phone and PDA. I use it mainly to do live mapping with Pocket Nav OS on an OS map, as a standby for my Garmin Legend with Beeline and lastly for paperless caching in PDA mode with GPX Sonar. Oh, and it is mountable in car to utilise CoPilot SatNav which was heavily discounted on initial purchase. I hear the latest TomTom is good on it too. Highly recommended.