Newbie Question: Retrieving items from own cache...

BuffaloPennies

Greetings fellow cachers...

We're in the process of hiding our second cache and we've now racked up about a dozen finds.

When visiting your own cache to ensure everything is in order, is it acceptable to retrieve items that have been deposited? Or, is all activity inside your own cache the property of "other" cachers?

[yes, something "nifty" landed in ours recently and my wife really wants it! I told her we couldn't trade with our own cache but wanted to make sure.] [ha!] :-)

Cheers!

TBs and geocoins are fine as long as you are going to move them along. Other stuff, sure, once in a while, but if you start treating your caches like your personal commissary it may not sit well with the local community.

If I see something in one of my caches I really want I will trade for it just like anybody else.

Greetings fellow cachers...

We're in the process of hiding our second cache and we've now racked up about a dozen finds.

When visiting your own cache to ensure everything is in order, is it acceptable to retrieve items that have been deposited? Or, is all activity inside your own cache the property of "other" cachers?

[yes, something "nifty" landed in ours recently and my wife really wants it! I told her we couldn't trade with our own cache but wanted to make sure.] [ha!] :-)

Cheers!

I've been known to trade up on one of my caches. Some items (like non-tractable coins) I'll only trade for so i can take a picture and then I'll place it into a different cache. My husband don't think I should, but I see nothing wrong with it, myself. So, I say as long as you trade up or even it doesn't matter.

Edited by wandat24