WANTED: Meridian Color or Platinum

OK, I have to replace the girlfriends MeriGreen I "lost" geocaching, plus I have been wanting another Meridian of my own. (Sorry I ever sold mine... :laughing: )

I've been trying for two weeks to get a decent deal on ebay, but it seems like its impossible anymore. Stoopid ebayers overpaying like crazy.

Anyway, I'm looking for either Colors or Platties in good shape, hopefully no scratches on the screens.

Would also like eithr Mapsend 3D or Direct Route, and hopefully a windshield mount for each.

I have cables, manuals, SD cards, firmware files, and Mapsend Topo already, but if those came with them, great.

ALSO, would be very interested in the old GPSCity.com neoprene Meridian cases.

Please email me at toyfvr@frontiernet.net if you have either for sale.

Thanx!

I've been trying for two weeks to get a decent deal on ebay, but it seems like its impossible anymore. Stoopid ebayers overpaying like crazy.

I wonder why you say this. Why do you think people are overpaying? Where else could they find for less money? eBay sales pretty much set the price for used items and their value. Maybe it is just more than you would like to spend.

I wonder why you say this. Why do you think people are overpaying? Where else could they find for less money? eBay sales pretty much set the price for used items and their value. Maybe it is just more than you would like to spend.

What are you looking to spend? I'd like to swap to the dark side and go Garmin. I had thought about keeping it and getting someone else addicted.

I have to agree with those findings. I even used to go to some local auto auctions until generally, the majority of the bidders kind of lost the perspective of what an auction really is. They were the place to usually get deflated prices on the item being auctioned and much lower than any other form of resale. This was always my experience anyway. I have even started to see some items go way over the normal used resale value due to uneducated and over excited bidders and purchasers to the point where I don't use those forms of purchasing anymore as a determining factor for the values of any particular items.

L8R, 1Woodsman

eBay is a funny place.

Sometime an item can go for more, sometimes less. There are a lot of variables. Did you know the time when an auction ends has an affect on how it sells usually?

A median price of the item you are purchasing is a good standard of what the actual value of an item is at that time.* It can change quickly though.

Do your research and don't be hasty. If you know how to search on eBay you can come across deals that are pretty good sometimes. I have posted a few on here hoping to help a fellow cacher. You have to be quick though, because a good deal wont last. (If it is good enough, they are gone in minutes.)

You can also set your RSS feeds to your local Craigslist in case a decent deal comes up. They are very easy to check without ever having to visit the actual web site.

-----------------

*A funny anecdote from when we used to sell on eBay. I bought a lot (box) of vintage Rolling Stone magazines at an auction for like $31. I parted them out to maximize profit. Most i sold for around $40 or $50. (Made over $1200 on the lot. :anibad: ) I remember one lady new to eBay was so excited about this Michael Jackson issue. (He was a child.) She bought it for like 20 or 30 bucks. Then after the purchase she emails me excitedly and says "How do i know what it is worth now?" LOL.

I told her to check on eBay. :laughing: