Large cache concentration

Hello there everyone,

I'm rapidly approaching the end of my first year of caching and am sat on 278 caches - I want to make it up over 300 and as far on as possible by the end of the year. I've got a free weekend this weekend and was wondering if anyone could point me towards a dense concentration of caches within a couple of hours drive of Birmingham that would get me closer to that.

I've done most of the caches along the Oxford canal near Banbury, but I'm struggling otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZoomLens

I did a good number in a morning near Harpenden (Hertfordshire) the other week. There's a lot of caches along an old railway line (The Nicky Line). I think two cachers have set caches out in each direction. You'd get loads very quickly if you had a bike.

Have a look at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCRN42 and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC11G8Q

Within an hour of Birmingham.... you could do far worse than to come to Wirral. Wirral is a penninsula that is 60 square miles (small) with a whopping 130 odd caches on it!!

The other thing to think about is the Guide Stoops series in the Derbyshire Dales... nice easy caches - all drive bys - great if you have bad weather.

Hello there everyone,

I'm rapidly approaching the end of my first year of caching and am sat on 278 caches - I want to make it up over 300 and as far on as possible by the end of the year. I've got a free weekend this weekend and was wondering if anyone could point me towards a dense concentration of caches within a couple of hours drive of Birmingham that would get me closer to that.

I've done most of the caches along the Oxford canal near Banbury, but I'm struggling otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZoomLens

Hi

There is a nice series of 10 along the Ashby Canal near Nuneaton by Babycacheash & co. Have you done them? Here is one of them:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

I would also recommend a trip up to the peak district. There is no shortage of Caches up there but I would have a look at Caches by Catseyes. Maybe do some of the Sights of meaning Caches and the guide stoops (though the guide stoops involve a lot of driving if you do them all so maybe just a do a few of them!)

There are a good concentration of caches in the Tame Valley area of stockport, set by Mr Tibbs, they are the 'Sound of .... series. There are alos quite a few others scattered close by the area, many of which are drive by's

There is also a good set called 'Oldham way series' set by mongoose39uk all well within your driving distance.

There are a good concentration of caches in the Tame Valley area of stockport, set by Mr Tibbs, they are the 'Sound of .... series. There are alos quite a few others scattered close by the area, many of which are drive by's

There is also a good set called 'Oldham way series' set by mongoose39uk all well within your driving distance.

I can recommend the Oldham Way Series. It may involve moving the car a bit but there's a cache every few hundred metres and most are easily found and in scenic locations.

Here's a thought.

Try what we did; go to the GCUK website and after waiting ages for the interactive map to eventually load (that's not a dig by the way just a fact, about 20 minutes on my steam driven machine, :D ADSL or not!), you can see where all the 'hot spots' are.

it makes the choice of where to go much easier.