Geocoin's 6th Anniversary Secret Mission

Cheesy pigs

Missions mailed off today...both go across BIG water, but should make it in time...

Mission 1 ( had Seeking List...found 2 they wanted... :anitongue: )

1. Participating Done

2. Received Name Done

3. Mission Complete Mailed 8/6/07

4. Package Received not yet

Mission 2 (No Seeking List... :lol: ...guessed and will pray they like 'em)

1. Participating Done

2. Received Name Done

3. Mission Complete Mail 8/6/07

4. Package Received Not yet

Mrs Cheesy Pig Mission #1

1. Participating Sent

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete sent today!

4. Package Received!

Mrs Cheesy Pig Mission #2

1. Participating Sent

2. Received Name

4. Package Received!

Mr Cheesy Pig Mission #1

1. Participating Sent

2. Received Name

4. Package Received!

Hope you all enjoy your packages!!!! ;)

My Update:

Mission #1

1. Participating

2. Received Name 13 July

3. Mission Complete Shipped today!

4. Package Received!

Mission#2

1. Participating

2. Received Name 30 July

3. Mission Complete Shipped Today!

4. Package Received!

Now, to wait out the international post. The clerk said probably a week or so (end of next on the outside).

When I opened the mailbox today, I was surprised to pull out a package that had several strands of curled ribbon dangling out the end of it! How cool...it was so festive! I figured that it must be my anniversary secret mission in it. I already had a clue as to what was inside. A few weeks ago, I received a coin adoption email. I had no idea why I received this or what coin it could be. I was shocked to see that it was a Volunteer coin with the following message "A gift from your secret mission friend." WOW! Well, I opened today's package to find this wonderful coin PLUS 2 Christmas light coins (yellow and green=Heather's favorite color). THANKS! We are totally touched by your generosity!

1130032645_859ee582b7.jpg

We got a large international envelope yesterday as part of our "secret" mission, which wasn't secret at all. First, I saw the CUTEST stuffed Tasmanian devil, a t.d. magnet, two little led flashlights, a bison tube (can't wait to hide it!), and then a little gift box. I opened up the box and saw a coin I didn't know existed--the cachroach! Then, I saw something blue and silver and couldn't believe my eyes!!! It was a blue/silver scout knife!!!! :blink::ph34r::)

Thank you so much!!! You're package will be in the mail this week!!

Our recepient still hasn't posted that they received their items, and they were mailed 3 weeks ago. :blink:

Hope it's not me...cause I still havent gotten anything yet.

Jayman11

Jayman, your mission person hasn't posted yours yet....but that might be because there is still 6 weeks before the actual date of this mission - 31st September.

I apologise, in my haste to get another mission underway, I didn't take into account all the waiting around between the cut-off date and the end date.....so it's all my fault, I'm sorry :ph34r: But at least I've learned my lesson for next time (if there IS a next time!).

I've been getting emails from people still wanting to join in this mission. Would everyone be happy if I opened it up again until the end of August? Anyone who wanted to send/receive another package could email me again for another mission....???

Why not? The more, the merrier, I say. You just won't be able to keep it open too long, though.

I've been getting emails from people still wanting to join in this mission. Would everyone be happy if I opened it up again until the end of August? Anyone who wanted to send/receive another package could email me again for another mission....???

I would love to join in this mission, as this seems to be a lot of fun!!! I just signed up too late in this forum to join at the beginning...

Steinwälzer

Thats wonderful, my first secret mission :laughing::laughing:

1. Participating -> E-mail sent

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Steinwälzer

P.S. I am going to set up a small list with what I already have (which is not much, so it will be quite easy to make me happy, I guess...!)

Edited by Steinwälzer

We are still waiting to hear that our first recipient got their package, but what the heck...me likes surprises!! Let the fun continue!

Participating- ya sure! (email sent)

Received name-

Mission complete-

Received package-

If it was me... I don't think I received it... but I received a envelope from Atwells and we can't figure out if its a cointest or a trade... but think it was a cointest... so nope nothing here yet....

If my secret mission hasn't sent mine yet... could you please hold on to it as we are going away for first 3 weeks of Sept and wouldn't want it to sit in the mail box... but if its sent... don't worry hoping to get it before we leave!

Thanks!

CA

Edited to add....

Our recepient still hasn't posted that they received their items, and they were mailed 3 weeks ago. :huh:

Hope it's not me...cause I still havent gotten anything yet.

Jayman11

Nope, sorry! :D Ours was going to Canada!

Edited by cache agent

Participating- :D

Received name- :huh:

Mission complete- :)

Received package- :o

I am posting be-lated, since I am in the middle of moving everything else takes a backseat. I received a great package including a Canadian Forces geocoin and a 2007 8 Muddy Feet, 20 Muddy Toes geocoin (which I really wanted). I love the geocoin assistant and my 5 year old grabbed the flag pin right away to add to his "geocoin collection" Thanks so much!!

Not a great picture, but here it is:

IMG_1925.jpg

Edited by WI_Robin

Coolio, it's now open again until the end of August....now....where did Ble68 go? :huh:

Anyone who wants to be in on a mission - please email me with the requirements listed on the first post of this topic.

Thanks!

Hey, this is my first "secret mission" too!

1. Participating -> E-mail sent

2. Received Name -> Not yet (I just sent the mail a little while ago :D)

3. Mission Complete - > Not yet

4. Package Received! -> Not yet

Edited by GeekBoy.from.Illinois

First Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 7/20/07

2. Received Name - 7/23/07

3. Mission Complete- Not yet (will mail 9/3)

4. Package Received - Not yet

Second Mission

1. Participating--Email sent 8/22/07

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

For those that have my name as a mission, I have no seeking list established but if you check my profile you will see all the coins the I have. Sorry but it is the best I can do at the moment.

Edited by fossillady

I have a question regarding the package I have to send... as it probably will go around the world, would it be OK to include one of my activated coins, so that the receiver of the package can set it out in a cache to travel? This coin will NOT be part of the mission and will stay in my property, I just want it to travel a little bit further than just hanging around in Germany. Would that be OK?!?

Steinwälzer

I have a question regarding the package I have to send... as it probably will go around the world, would it be OK to include one of my activated coins, so that the receiver of the package can set it out in a cache to travel? This coin will NOT be part of the mission and will stay in my property, I just want it to travel a little bit further than just hanging around in Germany. Would that be OK?!?

Steinwälzer

I dont see why not. I love getting an extra coin to drop into a cache!

Ooh, ooh, our post man came yesterday (well, he comes most days, but generally just brings us bills!!) and we got a wonderful parcel with:

2007 CITO geocoin

2007 Tikibirds Tikitwins geocoin

Crake coins symbology geocoin

2007 Sand dollar geocoin

original stashpin

retro-hypno geocoin

Thank you very very much!

And, we especially took phots so that everyone could see how great our conis were, but Don't know how to get the photo here :tired::ph34r:;):anibad:

Our package is all packaged and ready to go, but we ahven't been able to get to the post office . . . have had to work so we can pay those bills that usually arrive in the post!!! Hopefully it will leave today.

Steinwälzer

Absolutely! tokencollector does this too. Just make sure that you make it clear that you want that specific coin to travel so your recepient knows what it is! :anibad:

Steinwälzer

Absolutely! tokencollector does this too. Just make sure that you make it clear that you want that specific coin to travel so your recepient knows what it is! :tired:

Not a secret coin? :anibad: Good idea! :ph34r: I think I will put something on the coin anyway, like on a travel bug, which says that it is a traveller and no swag item. I just started putting coins in caches, and on two coins I put those mission tags and two coins travel "naked", and up to this point I see no difference, but they are all just a very short time on the road, so it is not the time to decide which way to go in the future based upon experience...

Steinwälzer