Geocoin's 6th Anniversary Secret Mission

Cheesy pigs

On September 30th 2001, the first ever trackable geocoin was let loose by Moun10bike to travel the world. I wonder if he realised that he was starting something HUGE! People all over the world are now firmly addicted to Geocoins, and their cousins the GeoTags and PathTags.

This Mission is to celebrate the 6th Anniversary of Geocoins, and the pleasure/pain/poverty they bring into our lives. Feel free to think outside the box when sending your mission!

The Mission:

* You must be willing to mail a minimum of two unactivated geocoins to one participant

* You must be a registered user in these Forums/with a history of at least 30 posts.

* You must provide your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS to receive a mission from another participant.

* Geocoin Packages must be mailed no later than 1 week prior to mission day.

* You must report your received status in this thread!

To Participate:

Email me with the following information:

1. Geocaching Name

2. FULL NAME & ADDRESS

3. Let me know if you are willing to ship outside of your Country.

4. If you have a trackable or nontrackable coin to send or if you can send either

5. You will receive an email from me with Your own Secret Mission.

6. Please go the distance. If you participate, please do your part to make this a fun experience. Decorating your package to match the mission can be a lot of fun too!

YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN MORE THAN ONE MISSION IF YOU LIKE!

**Sorry, Participants names cannot be reserved.**

**PLEASE report the Following in this Thread on your Progress**

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

I know this is a little early, but I will give people until the end of July to send in their emails of participation

Please send mission so it is received by September 30th. International mailings may need to be sent at east 2 weeks prior if using Air Mail.

I notice in the green bold you say "two unactivated geocoins" and in the blue #4 you say "trackable or nontrackable". I guess nontrackable would be unactivated :o but I want to be sure I will be able to participate.

You have got a good point :laughing: Even though this Mission is for the 6th Anniversary of (trackable) Geocoins, some people like to swap non-trackables as well, so I haven't ruled that out. Let me know if you want to send non-trackables so I can match you with someone who wants to receive them. :o

I notice in the green bold you say "two unactivated geocoins" and in the blue #4 you say "trackable or nontrackable". I guess nontrackable would be unactivated :o but I want to be sure I will be able to participate.

You have got a good point :laughing: Even though this Mission is for the 6th Anniversary of (trackable) Geocoins, some people like to swap non-trackables as well, so I haven't ruled that out. Let me know if you want to send non-trackables so I can match you with someone who wants to receive them. :o

Not to be confusing or difficult, but what if I want to send one of each, a trackable and a non trackable???

I notice in the green bold you say "two unactivated geocoins" and in the blue #4 you say "trackable or nontrackable". I guess nontrackable would be unactivated :laughing: but I want to be sure I will be able to participate.

You have got a good point :o Even though this Mission is for the 6th Anniversary of (trackable) Geocoins, some people like to swap non-trackables as well, so I haven't ruled that out. Let me know if you want to send non-trackables so I can match you with someone who wants to receive them. :o

Not to be confusing or difficult, but what if I want to send one of each, a trackable and a non trackable???

That would be fine - a few people have said they dont mind if they are trackable or not (or both!). See - not confusing or difficult at all! :o

Being a new Geocoin Junkie, I am not sure how the Missions work. Can someone explain the concept and how they work? I am interesting in participating, but since I am not sure why...I am questioning my sanity. What does one do in, with, for a mission. :P

Thanks,

PSU Fan

Being a new Geocoin Junkie, I am not sure how the Missions work. Can someone explain the concept and how they work?

That's not hard to understand: You'll get a mail with an adress to send your themed package to, and sometime around Sept. 30th you can expect a similar package from one of us coinaholics around here. But be prepared: it will be hard for you to wait for your package to arrive, and every day (starting in mid-July) you'll run to check the mailbox! :angry:

We would very much like to participate. have a couple of unactivated available and a few on the way. Cheers

1. Participating - Yes please, e-mail sent 12/7/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Edited by rchdlyn

"Does anyone mind if I put myself down for my own mission? :D"

I always assumed the mission sponsor participated. So I say go for it.

Thankyou Traderdell :)

I am keen to do one mission, and my husband wants to do one. I suppose I should pick people I've never had anything to do with before! Hmmmmm :):huh::D:lol: It seems like an unfair advantage somehow............

*UPDATE* I've just assigned 10 missions. I dont want to do them all at once because I'm sure there will be stragglers wanting to sign up and I dont want anyone to miss out! :D