Trouble with tracking geocoin

SuperDiggers

It's one of two things:

1) You've mis-entered a number/letter. Double check "o" and "0" and "5" and "S" and things like that.

2) Somebody left it unactivated as a trade item.

If you can't log it, try and email the person who left it (if you can tell) to see if they can help.

I have cut and pasted the Tracking number from the website; I have entered manually using I's and 1's (although it is clearly a 1) I have emailed the owner and the owner is of no use since the object has travelled 1600 miles and this seems to be the first time anyone has had trouble entering it in. This is not the first tracking item I have done so I know my actions have worked before.

Can't seem to get any help from geocaching website. If I can't get it figured out I guess I will just return it from where I retrieved it from so it is still in the same location the website thinks it is in?

I just thought maybe this had happened to someone before and they were given the proper steps to fix the problem?

If it helps any it is a gold rectangle coin that is in the shape of a one dollar bill and it says "One cache" instead of "One dollar"

Edited by SuperDiggers

It is a gold rectangle coin that is the shape of a one dollar bill and it says "one cache" on it. The coin has been logged in for over a year- it has been sitting at the location I retrieved it from for about a month. I seem to be the first person having a problem with entering in the "retrieve"

It is a gold rectangle coin that is the shape of a one dollar bill and it says "one cache" on it. The coin has been logged in for over a year- it has been sitting at the location I retrieved it from for about a month. I seem to be the first person having a problem with entering in the "retrieve"

If you're copying the TB# from the coin's page, that would be the problem. That number is an identifier and not how trackables are logged. The actual tracking number is on the coin itself. It should be a 6-character alpha numeric begining with 2 letters.

If you're copying the TB# from the coin's page, that would be the problem. That number is an identifier and not how trackables are logged. The actual tracking number is on the coin itself. It should be a 6-character alpha numeric begining with 2 letters.

This above solved my problem. I was trying to use the TB tracking number and did not see the number imprinted on the coin itself. The item has been logged properly now. Thank you so much for all your efforts!