Dog Days of Summer Mission!

Tank Hounds

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received! - Incredible Package!!!

Thank you Accordiongal!!! This was my first mission and I was pleasently surprised by the generosity and creativity of the package. I received 2 geocoins....a "Dog Days of Summer" Hot Dog and a Minnesota "Cache MN" Geocoin - You Betcha!!! Also included were 2 personal items, a pathtag, a couple of Minnesota Postcards and the Package was part of the surprise. Accordiongal included a Ready to Place Cache for me to put out. I have the perfect spot, now I just need to beat the Heat, get off my duff and place the NEW cache.....

A HUGE THANK YOU to ACCORDIONGAL!!!!!! :P:laughing::laughing:

[/img]

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Sending today

4. Package Received - Yes

Our Dog Days of Summer package came while I was on vaca last week. I got back this week and no sooner was told I had to go on another Business Trip. I'm now home from that trip and getting all caught up on geocoin related items.

Our "not so secret" :cry: mission person was very generous! We got a Geocoin Forums v2 Silver coin and a number of sig items. Thanks so much. We love them all :cry:B):P

DogDaySummerPic.jpg

Anthus

I hope I'm posting this to the correct thread, because when I received the envelope, it had a dog on it!

I got some really cool stuff:

ND Benchmark Coin (I love Benchmark Coins!)

A Black Nickel Cacher Tag coin

A Toojin & Bart Wooden Nickel

A racer2814 Poker chip

A Bumble Button

A metal angel

And a Dorkfish Seahorse patch

And a beautiful little cloth bag with drawstrings. It is so pretty, it is pink with little butterflies on it!

I have no idea who my secret person is, but thank you so much! You really made my day!

Edited by MustangJoni

Edit""

Participating - email sent

Received Name - yep

Mission Complete -Sent 7-20-2007

Package Received YEP!!

Thank you T&B great package.

Love the Guardian Angel coin.....and all the others as well.

5c828600-a13d-4bc6-90d1-fa228e670980.jpg

Wish the Bulldog was a little darker but you can't have everything.

Thanks again for the Dog Days package.

It looks like the same person had both of us! So if you are correct, and it is T&B - Thanks - or thanks to whoever you are!

Today was the PERFECT day to receive my mission package! I had to drive Dark Star to the eye doctor and sit around and wait while he had his eyes dilated. :D The mail came just before we left and I saved the package for the waiting room! First I found a notecard with buffalo on the front....well, after I read the nice note I realized they were bison. Bison Woman told me the reason she picked out each coin.

The first coin is the Canine Cachers Coin/2005 2nd Edition. This is the "dog" part of the mission. I LOVE silver coins with gold features, and I LOVE dogs! The second coin is a Team Sand Dollar coin. It is the "summer" part of the mission. I've never seen a coin like this, and I'm very happy to have it. Both coins are very beautiful, and I thank you very much! B) Along with the coins I received two of Bison Girl and Woman's signature item: a buffalo nickel and a North Dakota quarter.

1109678284_033a4aa414.jpg

The pictures don't do the coins justice! Thank you so much, Bison Woman!!!

Today I received a very heavy package in the mail. Excellent way to break a coin mail drought.

And what an excellent package of goodies it was and is.

Scavok handmade coin (accounting for the major heavy package)

CoreynJoey Top 40 - The Lost Satellites -Ammo Can Guys Livin in a Micro World (Great song title!)

Dark Side of the Cache

CoreynJoey Geotag very classy yin yang dolphin design!

Totally awesome handmade (sculpey I think?) C dolphin J token !!! (I want to learn how to make this type of thing...)

Thanks so very much !!

Edited by Toojin & Bart
:P Getting worried... I sent my mission almost 3 weeks ago to Canada and I haven't seen a sign that it's arrived yet. I'll give it another week and if it's still not arrived I'll put together another to send. I hate not being able to have delivery confirmation on international packages. :D

:o Getting worried... I sent my mission almost 3 weeks ago to Canada and I haven't seen a sign that it's arrived yet. I'll give it another week and if it's still not arrived I'll put together another to send. I hate not being able to have delivery confirmation on international packages. <_<

You can write down the International number listed on it.

It can be tracked that way.

I sent some a time or two and had the same concerns.

I asked my Postmaster how I could check it and that is what he told me to do.

They all arrived OK though.

mr postman pulled up this morning, i think haven't ordered anything strange then i notice usa potage tape and my heart starts dancing.

Thank you so much Accordiongal for everything its fab. I got a lock n lock box and note book ready for a new cache, Hand sanitiser, 2 appalician train coins and pin a george cross pin some post cards a lovely duck sig item also a lolly stick sig item and a geobash cd and a pathtag tooooooooooo

Thank you thank you thank you i love it all

dogdays.jpg

Edited by scaw

1. Participating B) Email Sent

2. Received Name :D Got It...research done. B)

3. Mission Complete :D Mailed August 4th

4. Package Received! :( Waiting and watching the mail everyday. :blink:

I forgot to post here when I mailed so this is my update of where I am on my mission. :(

Love seeing all the wonderful packages and can not wait for my person to post their goodies I hope they love them. :D

dog_days.jpg

Just back from holiday and a nice package arrived from 57 Chevy with some great sig items and a dog geocoin. Pics to follow and my package is in the mail to arrive on Friday. Thanks 57 Chevy.

:surprise: You're very welcome, I am soooo glad to hear it made it, I'd sent it a few weeks ago and was packing up another envelope to replace it if it didn't make it. I'm glad you like. Cheers! -57' :(

mr postman pulled up this morning, i think haven't ordered anything strange then i notice usa potage tape and my heart starts dancing.

Thank you so much Accordiongal for everything its fab. I got a lock n lock box and note book ready for a new cache, Hand sanitiser, 2 appalician train coins and pin a george cross pin some post cards a lovely duck sig item also a lolly stick sig item and a geobash cd and a pathtag tooooooooooo

Thank you thank you thank you i love it all

dogdays.jpg

Scaw,

Glad to hear you received the Dog Days of Summer Mission package. Weird seing the items that used to sit on my desk on the forum page. Enjoy your package. Let me know what cache you create.

Accordiongal

Wow I got a big package today in the mail. Thank you 4Bows. I got magnet, stickers, notepads, little plastic dogs, a JayBee wooden nickel, a blue peep PEEP59, a double feature DVD, and a geocoin I have never seen before it looks like a hotdog in a bun with a bunch of veggies, also a button that has stuff written on the back. I will email for find out what exactly it is it looks like a tracking code. Big Thanks Again To 4Bows.

My Dog Days of Summer Package arrived today!!

Let me first say THANK YOU!!!!!!

Now for a pic:

dds.jpg

Two trackable coins (Gone to the Dogs & Finland 2007)

A Wunderlich AD1250 Pathtag

A LB4T MWGB Duck

3 Poker chips (Moscow32, Team Desert Eagle, & Rock n Roll Meet and Greet)

A 501 Gang fimo token

An awesome Chainmail keychain (Victory Mike)

A ClickChik dog clicker

A GizmoGuy411 Gizmo

A Red Rose Camel

2 Magnets

and some dog treats for our dogs!

Thank You LB4T, Molly, and Rocky!!

Today was the PERFECT day to receive my mission package! I had to drive Dark Star to the eye doctor and sit around and wait while he had his eyes dilated. :( The mail came just before we left and I saved the package for the waiting room! First I found a notecard with buffalo on the front....well, after I read the nice note I realized they were bison. Bison Woman told me the reason she picked out each coin.

The first coin is the Canine Cachers Coin/2005 2nd Edition. This is the "dog" part of the mission. I LOVE silver coins with gold features, and I LOVE dogs! The second coin is a Team Sand Dollar coin. It is the "summer" part of the mission. I've never seen a coin like this, and I'm very happy to have it. Both coins are very beautiful, and I thank you very much! B) Along with the coins I received two of Bison Girl and Woman's signature item: a buffalo nickel and a North Dakota quarter.

1109678284_033a4aa414.jpg

The pictures don't do the coins justice! Thank you so much, Bison Woman!!!

I'm glad you liked the stuff! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was suffering through the dog days of summer in south Alabama. Dang, they have impressive humidity there. :unsure:

Good evening, Received the last dog days of summer mission from a cacher in California. Only know his real name, not caching name. THanks David.

Received two geocaching coins- a Mouint Cachemore and a dog days of summer hot dog (how appropriate), two wooden nickels, and a uniques sig item, a Big D stamped penny. Along with various other items.

Thanks,

Accordiongal

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes

4. Package Received! - Yes!!!

Woo hoo! Good things are worth waiting for. :unsure:

DogDaysSummer.jpg

My package arrived, and I received several pins, a nice sturdy bison tube (hmm... have to think of a good use for this one), and 2 geocoins. Best of all, one of them was LFD's latest coin, which I was wondering how I'd get since he's doing face-to-face trades. :unsure: So, I'm a happy camper! Thankyou Tethys C! :)

Mission #1

1. Participating........................................Absolutely!

2. Received Name....................................Received

3. Mission Complete.................................Rollin, rollin, rollin!

4. Package Received!...............................A couple weeks ago (posted at the time)

Mission #2

4. Package Received!...............................A couple weeks ago (posted at the time)

Mission #3

4. Package Received! Still waiting on this one

I sent out all 3 of my packages on the same day, I've seen two listed as received, but I cannot find the names of the recipients to check on the 3rd and check it's tracking. Anyway I can get the names again?

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Names - yes

3. Mission Complete - yes

4. Package Received - waiting... :laughing:

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Names - yes

3. Mission Complete - yes

4. Package Received - yes! (received last week)

WOW - what a great package!

dogdays1a.jpg

Thanks very much Tokencollector. The whole family spent ages looking through all these. We've never seen the bus tokens before so they were a real novelty to receive! They are so cool - you do such a great job with the packages you put together!! And a GeoTag and GeoJellie to boot - two projects I was also involved in. Thank you very much for the mission - you have inspired me!

keewee%20sigitem%20info%20sheet_sml.jpg

Edited by keewee

1. Participating ;) Email Sent

2. Received Name :) Got It...research done. :D

3. Mission Complete :D Mailed August 4th -- I have not seen my mission post yet. But they also have not posted that they are still waiting so maybe it did make it and they have not been able to get to the forums. :laughing: I hope it made it! :laughing:

4. Package Received! :D Not yet. :D

Participating- :D

Received name- :huh:

Mission complete- :)

Received package- :o

I am posting be-lated, since I am in the middle of moving everything else takes a backseat. I received a great package including a Yorkshire Dales National Park geocoin, a piggy bank geocoin and a Scaw Geotag. I don't have any of those coins, they have been activated and await the drill and tag so they can be released. My 5 year old grabbed the Scaw tokens right away to add to his "geocoin collection" Thanks so much Scaw!!

IMG_1924.jpg

Oops...sorry Tank Hounds...I received one of my missions...got so excited about the goodies that I forgot to post!!! I'm a baaaaad dog...

Anyhow...My Meridan Idaho package was stuffed!! It had a shadowy Bulldog on the front so I would know it was a "Dog Days" mission...and inside...

A beautiful blue drawstring bag...Omi claimed immediately

A small GID Seahorse patch

A Racer 2814 Poker Chip

A "Bitten by the Geocachiing Bug" Bumble Button

A pretty metal Angel Token

A Toojin & Bart Wooden Nickel

An April Fool's Gold Geocoin

A Black Nickel Cacher Tag

A Micro Mini, and for the biggest surprise of all....

A Black Oxidized Bouncy Bunny...the last one I needed to

complete the set!!!

I was jumping and bouncing around like a ...well, like a Bouncy Bunny!!!

I just couldn't believe it...how absolutlely special...Thank you, thank you, T & B...my not so secret Dog Days Buddies... eveything was just wonderful...

Still waiting on my second mission...but, I am patient...until I have the envelope in hand...then I tear into it like a junk yard dog...lol

Edited by Team OleOmi

Our mission arrived!!! Two coins we did not have, and I wanted!

Our 'secret' mission person also included some Really Cute puppy toys for our newest Boxer puppers!

(We had a litter on 7-7-07!)

So.. heres a pic of our 'keeper' and the newest Cinema Boxer "Ruby" with our Mission box!

rubypic.jpg

Thank you 'secret' person - you always send us the cutest things!

Inside was:

Puppy toys, puppy treats, pins, signature items, a "Road to Sacramento" coin and a Lizardtoadz coin!!!!!!!

A REALLY great package that we absolutely loved!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

(Ruby loved it too!)

Just wanted to drop a note about this mission. I have received all four of mine. I didn't have a chance the last few weeks to even try to get them shipped out. I will have them out tomorrow. I am really sorry to the people that I have. There were issues with my wife that I had to take care of.

It looks like I've heard from everyone but one person and everyone I've heard from has sent the mission..keep posting when you get them and I'll keep marking them off on my list! I'm impressed that almost everyone has already received their msisions! Thanks for all the hard work and it was great to see all the pictures!!

1. Participating - 7/8

2. Received Name - 7/15 (I was out of town)

3. Mission Complete - In the hands of the postal clerk on 8/2

4. Package Received! - 8/27

I got back from vacation and when the mail was delivered there was a nice package with a dog on it. I know in an instant what that meant!

Inside I received a "Stellar" set of coins -

BN DNF

BM Glitter Cache Preserves [:)]

Stellar Berry Geojelly 2 - I'm a sucker for glow coins!

A purple peep, and

a signature wooden nickel.

MANY MANY Thanks!!!

Mission # 2 received!! And all the way from New Zealand...

KeeWe sent a wonderful package...the first thing I found was a "Post Card" of a family BBQ with 2 dogs hiding behind a tree...the first dog (holding a bent spatula) is explaing to the other that "It's spring-hinged...he'll be dropping food left and right and we'll be living large..." Being "owned" by a 108lb Black Lab, this had me rofl...next came a cute litttle stuffed Kiwi...then a I love NZ flip flop magnet...then, a #26 KeeWee signature token with a neat pictorial card explaining the Kiwi bird to us ...and, for the grand finale...a New Zealand Fern coin!!! I have tried 3 times to buy this coin on ebay and was always outbid...I had given up all hope of ever having one...Thank you, Thank you, KeeWee...watch out for those Kiwi claws when night caching...lol

Edited by Team OleOmi

Mission # 2 received!! And all the way from New Zealand...

KeeWe sent a wonderful package...the first thing I found was a "Post Card" of a family BBQ with 2 dogs hiding behind a tree...the first dog (holding a bent spatula) is explaing to the other that "It's spring-hinged...he'll be dropping food left and right and we'll be living large..." Being "owned" by a 108lb Black Lab, this had me rofl...next came a cute litttle stuffed Kiwi...then a I love NZ flip flop magnet...then, a #26 KeeWee signature token with a neat pictorial card explaining the Kiwi bird to us ...and, for the grand finale...a New Zealand Fern coin!!! I have tried 3 times to buy this coin on ebay and was always outbid...I had given up all hope of ever having one...Thank you, Thank you, KeeWee...watch out for those Kiwi claws when night caching...lol

You are most welcome - I glad you liked all the goodies :anitongue:

Posting 1 day late due to dead camera batteries

Dog Days of Summer Mission

1. Participating - July 9, 2007

2. Received Name - July 14, 2007 *the research begins!*

3. Mission Complete - August 27, 2007 *technical delays, I had to learn how not to incinerate clay in the oven*

4. Package Received! - August 27, 2007

And what a VERY VERY VERY AWESOME, SPECIAL goodie box it was!! :anitongue:

It was like Thanksgiving (yummy edibles), Christmas (gifts), and winning the lottery (prize) all wrapped into one :rolleyes:

I got candies and chocolate treats for my tummy (total coincidence that these are my favorite fruits!) :(

DSCF0082.JPG

My first GeoJelly (Kiwi fruit) and a Keewee 2007 GeoTag, I couldn't have asked for anything better! (<3 <3 <3 personal geocoins <3 <3 <3)

DSCF0087.JPG

New Zealand souvenirs: cell phone strap, snap bracelet, and magnet (thankfully I don't have to share these with anyone else :D )

DSCF0083.JPG

And a Team Chelmo "Elmo" sig item along with the newly improved glow-in-the-dark Keewee sig item from the 500th post contest earlier this year!!

DSCF0085.JPG

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my package and ALL the goodies.

I can honestly never thank you enough Keewee :(:anitongue::(

edit to add: I love your sig item Team Chelmo!

Edited by TokyoBlossom

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my package and ALL the goodies.

I can honestly never thank you enough Keewee :anitongue::(:rolleyes:

edit to add: I love your sig item Team Chelmo!

Well - I did owe you big time, so I had to make sure I did repay you. :(

I was quite worried that customs would get their hands on it and it would be delayed beyond what it was - but thankfully it looks like that didn't happen. :anitongue: