Dog Days of Summer Mission!

Tank Hounds

OK, so now that the Summer/Winter Solstice and July4th missions are winding down, we thought that we would jump in with this one. Got the idea from another cacher...this is for ONE geocoin and SIGNATURE ITEM(S). Examples of signature items are

pathtags

poker chips

wooden nickels

shrinky dinks

stamped pennies

and anything else you can think of!!

(And it doesn't have to be YOUR sig item...if you have one of someone else's that you would like to share that's ok too!)

Please don't count a "business card" or something like that as a signature item...if you have one sig item, great, if you have different varieties, you can send whatever you like.

The MINIMUM for this mission is ONE geocoin and ONE sig item...

Please let me know if you have questions or if you aren't sure if something is a sig item or not...

IF You'd Like To Be Involved, PLEASE Follow These Guidelines:

1. You are willing to Mail 1 Unactivated Geocoin or Non Trackable Geocoin and 1 signature item to one Participant.

2. You must be a registered user in these Forums/with a history of at least 30 posts.

3. You must provide your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS to receive 1 Geocoin and 1 sig item from another Participant.

4. Geocoin Packages must be mailed no later than 1 week prior to mission day.

5. You must report your received status in this thread!

To Participate:

1. Email me with the following information:

2. Geocaching Name

3. FULL NAME & ADDRESS

4. Let me know if you are willing to ship outside of your Country.

5. If you would prefer trackable or nontrackable or either types of geocoins.

6. If you have a trackable or nontrackable coin to send or if you can send either

7. You will receive an email from me with Your own Secret Mission.

8. Please go the Distance. If you participate, please do your part to make this a fun experience. Decorating your package to match the mission can be a lot of fun too!

YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN MORE THAN ONE MISSION IF YOU LIKE!

**Sorry, Participants names cannot be reserved.**

**PLEASE report the Following in this Thread on your Progress**

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

I will accept participants until SUNDAY JULY 15th....NO MORE AFTER THAT DATE!!

Please send mission so it is received by August 20th.

Edited by Tank Hounds

I don't have a single signature item for myself. (I have traded or received ones for other people...)

Any suggestions for something I could make *just* for this mission? Or should I just sit this one out?

Seems to me that if you have any spares of other cacher's signature items, those would work also.

And Shrinky Dinks make great and easy signature items.

Or, send me your address and I will send you some blank wooden nickels that your can personalize.

Or, all of the above !!

Awesome, TH you have mail.

1. Participating - 07/08/07

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received

:D And in my opinion, a sig item is a sig item (some are nicer than others though), I have received a ton of them from folks here in the forums, so if you get my name, and you know I have your sig. item, feel free to substitute if you want. ... or not, whatever, I'm easy to please. :lol:

I am going to send a email to join this mission. I hope it goes better then my MayDay one did "Still waiting".

I also have a few items listed on my yahoo webpage on how to make some items such as

Wooden Nickels

Poker Chips

GeoSigns

GeoCubes

and Shrinky Dinks (listed as plastic tokens)

I am just posting this if no one has tokens and would like to make some. The cheapest one to make is the Shrinky Dinks. It cost about $10 per pack and you can get about 24 tokens a pack. The wooden nickels are really cheap also unless you buy the Glow in the Dark or the Holographic for them like I did. Here is the link if you would like to check it out and try them. If you need any help with some of the info I have please just email me and I will help you out. Then work on the page to make it easier to understand or whatever I need to do to the page to help people out.

GeoSmurfz Webpage

I don't have a single signature item for myself. (I have traded or received ones for other people...)

Any suggestions for something I could make *just* for this mission? Or should I just sit this one out?

I think you should make little fimo blossoms!!!

Really though, go to the store and pick up some sculpy or fimo. You can shape it or cut it out with small cookie cutters then bake them. It's very simple! I used stamps to imprint in some of mine, then colored them with silver paint.

Kodak024.jpg

OH yeah I'm in, email sent!

Really though, go to the store and pick up some sculpy or fimo. You can shape it or cut it out with small cookie cutters then bake them. It's very simple! I used stamps to imprint in some of mine, then colored them with silver paint.

Kodak024.jpg

WOW, those are really beautiful.

I am very tempted to make something for a special sig item, but I don't want it to be considered of low quality.

I'm thinking about it, thanks to GeoSmurfz and UOTrackers for the ideas.

Kodak024.jpg

These are really nice. If you don't get me for the mission is there any way to trade for an angle and the blossom?

These are really nice. If you don't get me for the mission is there any way to trade for an angle and the blossom?

I'm not sure if I have any left. I will look around. I "upgraded" and now use these:

Kodak399.jpg

1. Participating--Sent email. Forgot to say that we prefer trackable coins.

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

We now have three versions of sig. items--our original pencils, then two different shrinky dink varieties. We saw that GeoSmurfz posted about them--we paid less than $3.00 per package and we get almost 100 out of a package.

Edited by lindsychris

1. Participating : No

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Because i don"t have unavtcian geocion at all :laughing: i was very happy till this !!!!!!

Hi deafhunt,

That is what these missions are all about, and that may not have been made clear. You send someone how ever many unactivated coins you need to for the particular mission, and someone else will send you that number of unactivated coins. Sometimes there are variations on that theme, sometimes not. Sometimes there are extras included (non-trackables, swag, goodies, etc), sometime there is not. But always, unactivated coins - otherwise the purpose of it is defeated. Sorry, you are going to have to acquire (purchase) some coins.

Regards,

Craig