Babushka Geocoin 2007 / ChunkyNL

ChunkyNL

Hi,

I, like many others have been waiting for quite some time now for the Babushka coin set and am extremely unhappy that we have no merchandise yet and even more discouraging, no UPDATE as to what is going on. I realize that situations can arise that may be complicated and out of your control but keeping your customers abreast of what is going on is a simple courtesy. I see on the forums that I am not the only person wondering what is going on.

Please email me within the next 24-48 hours with an update on the production of this geocoin. If I don't hear back, I will be forced to also cancel my order. Thank you. DrJeepStr

I have also sent an e-mail (in Dutch, thanks to Babblefish) to the coin company selling the coin. We'll have to wait and see what the response is.

I too sent an email last week but have not received a reply. Very frustrated that payment was made on July 10th and no merchandise or response to any of my emails have been answered. :sad:

Appreciate you keeping us informed about your contacts and inquiries.

Today I was very happy to receive the following e-mail :

Hello,

Some while ago you did order one or more Babushka geocoins from my website www.geocoinshop.nl

Probably you already sent me a message about the coins or you might be wondering why you still didn't got them.

Unfortunally I was not able to respond earlier to some of you due several reason. I appologize for this, I am used to reply to

all my email as soon as possible.

As you already might heard, the Babushka geocoin has been delayed. I hope you still have the patience to wait for the coin(s).

If you have any questions, please don't hestitate to let me know. You can email directly by replying to this message.

Kind Regards,

Marcus (ChunkyNL)

Today I posted a note in the Dutch geocaching Forum about the problems with this coin.

I asked if someone who knows Marcus is willing to find out what the problems are.

I did not order this coin, but I feel embarrassed about the way my fellow countryman is handling his business. None of the Dutch coin collectors got their coins as far as I know.

Hope I can be of some help to get you folks the coins that you paid for.

From what he has shared, I was under the impression that they have not been ordered yet. Can you see if that's the case?

I mailed him oktober 24. He reacted that he is answering all questions of the buyers by mail and if people ask for a refund they get it.

@ AtlantaGal:

I just mailed him again to try to find out. I also asked if he had any indication on a date he will have the coin in hand? Hope he will react again.

I have sent him a request for my refund. . . No reply yet. I paid for a set so you know i must have got ripped off for a sizable amount of money :anicute: . What is doubly sad is that he is still tying to sell these on his web site :unsure: I Did send him a paypal request a week ago. I must be doing something wrong. :unsure:

Did you by chance send it to the email address that is attached to your paypal receipt from him? ....that's the one I used and was paid within a day.

I sent him an invoice back through paypal and he paid it.

If you paid with a credit card, you need to file a complaint with them. Once they investigate it, they will refund the money to your card.

But if it was a debit through paypal.....it's been way to long.....and they won't help you. I believe they only allow 45 days to file a complaint.