can't login with opera mobile 8.65

limpfish

Hi all,

just some thoughts about mobile access to the site. I've just installed Opera 8.65 mobile on my pocket pc (windows mobile 5) to find I can't login to the site. The 'login' submit button just doesn't work! Dodgy html or javascripted buttons perhaps? I haven't checked. But something isn't right. Is this a known problem? The built in version of IE works with the site to some extent (i can login at least) but I was under the impression Opera Mobile had more suppport for javascript - seems not.

Anyway, it'd make life a lot easier if geocaching.com detected a mobile/pda device from the useragent string and served up a pda/mobile friendly layout site, or even offered it from a 'mobile' link. Or is this offered already?

Any advice aprieciated.

Edited by limpfish

Think i've figured it out. if i turn opera's javascript off, then the login button works and i can login... i then turn javascript support back on to continue using the site.

Other than that gripe, opera mobile is really good, it'll let me use the javascript heavy googlemaps without any problems. It's just that buggy javascript login button thats causing me bother.

I'd still like a mobile/pda styled version.

Not sure if this is the same problem preventing me from loging into the site from my mobile Motorola Razor. Facebook is fun but I want more... I can see the gc.com page and it's options but I can't login so that's the end of the line for me untill I can figure it out.

I'm also having the same problem with the Opera 8.65 for Windows Mobile BETA Browser. I'm using it on both my Axim X51v running Windows Mobile 5 and my Axim X50 running Windows Mobile 2003 second edition. Turning off Javascript before loading the login page or refreshing the login page does work to allow me to log in. I've also used the WAP Webpage to log in and log a find without any problems.

I'm not sure if this issue is with Opera or the GC.com website. I've been using Opera as the Mobile Inernet Explorer version does not let me view my Email through my hosting service (WebMy Style). The Oprea browser also does a better job of displaying the GC.com website, more so in Windows Mobile 2003 than in Windows Mobile 5.

I have a Nokia internet tablet which uses the Opera mini browser and have the same issue. Like others have said, disabling javascript enables me to log in. What's weird, and i admit that i haven't tried it with all that many other websites, is that the GC.com site is the only one i have this problem with. This being the case, it seem like it's an issue which might be better addressed by GC.com.