I need answers quick,, etrex legend cx

I deleted all the local caches from my etrex because I am going to Ca. in the morning. I have been trying to download caches from Ca. so I can go caching there. None of the Ca. caches will load to etrex from esygps. I went back to the local caches and they loaded as usual. Is it possible to load caches that are in other states?

I deleted all the local caches from my etrex because I am going to Ca. in the morning. I have been trying to download caches from Ca. so I can go caching there. None of the Ca. caches will load to etrex from esygps. I went back to the local caches and they loaded as usual. Is it possible to load caches that are in other states?

if it matters I recently signed up as a PM.

Did you get the caches as .gpx files from a Pocket Query, or as .loc files from the Seach page? I haven't used EasyGPS to send waypoints to my GPSr for a while (I use GSAK), but back then it was true to its name and was very easy . . . I don't know what the problem could be . . .

I hope someone else will have an idea for you.

Edited by Miragee

Did you get the caches as .gpx files from a Pocket Query, or as .loc files from the Seach page? I haven't used EasyGPS to send waypoints to my GPSr for a while (I use GSAK), but back then it was true to its name and was very easy . . . I don't know what the problem could be . . .

I hope someone else will have an idea for you.

I clicked on the "check all" box on the search page after intering zip code of where I'm going and sent them all that way to easygps. And like I said it works fine for local caches. Thanks for the reply.

rk

Since you are a Premium Member, you can request pocket queries for the area where you will be visiting. That will give you a lot more data in the files, and give you many more waypoints, up to 500, more quickly.

I wonder if the problem is that when you look at your Geocaches, you are looking at "Nearest." From the Find Geocaches, hit the Menu button and choose to Search by Name. In that list there should be caches in California. B)

Do you have Mapsource? If you do then you can run a PQ for any area you want and open it with Mapsource to view it. Then you can upload directly from Mapsource to your GPS. B)

Since you are a Premium Member, you can request pocket queries for the area where you will be visiting. That will give you a lot more data in the files, and give you many more waypoints, up to 500, more quickly.

I wonder if the problem is that when you look at your Geocaches, you are looking at "Nearest." From the Find Geocaches, hit the Menu button and choose to Search by Name. In that list there should be caches in California. B)

Nothing in the files by name either,, I even tried changing the reference point to Ca. with no luck.

bummer!

rk

I thought for sure that this was a case of "Find Nearest" vs. "Find by Name". That is the most common problem, since "Find Nearest" only show waypoints within about 115 miles of your current location (which the manual fails to document). One other idea. Try FIND >> Waypoint instead of FIND >> Geocaches. Could it be that they are being transferred without the Geocache symbol?