Trying to read multiple past logs

New England n00b

After finding a few caches, I like to go to my profile page with logs and re-open those recent caches to follow-up. I like to see if subsequent finders have an issue that I might have caused - Just checking up and trying to be a better cacher. Anyway, I run into an issue dong this. I am a Firefox user, and open those cache pages into new tabs. I am allowed to do that for three logs, but no more - after three the system spanks me by blanking the pages out.

I understand that gc.com is trying to protect the site, but would it be possible to either disable this safety feature only when such pages are accessed from the profile? Alternatively, bring the limit up to ten (for Premium Members, mayhaps)?

Thanks for listening! Have a wonderful weekend (or have had one, depending on when you are able to be in the office)!

Maybe you have to click on the links just a bit slower . . . B)

I just opened many log pages in my Opera browser and got the information. However, I have a slow dialup connection. Maybe my fast clicks were ignored because the connection speed is so slow.

I use firefox also and tried to duplicate what you mentioned. I cant say i completely understand though.

From your "my account" page i right clicked the view log and opened in a new tab. I did 6 one after another with no trouble.

Is this how you did it?

This could be a system error on your end. I know that after opening 20 pages or so I get a page file error and the pages all start coming up blank. Check your page file usage by typing ctrl+alt+del and then clicking on the performance tab.

It's not an error. The system has a throttle control, which locks you out if you try to access too many pages within a certain time frame. This is to foil screen-scrapers. If all you get is a white page, with the page's URL address as the page title, then you've been throttled. Come back in 10 or 15 minutes, and the throttle should be released.

Edited by Prime Suspect

This could be a system error on your end. I know that after opening 20 pages or so I get a page file error and the pages all start coming up blank. Check your page file usage by typing ctrl+alt+del and then clicking on the performance tab.

It's not an error. The system has a throttle control, which locks you out if you try to access too many pages within a certain time frame. This is to foil screen-scrapers. If all you get is a white page, with the page's URL address as the page title, then you've been throttled. Come back in 10 or 15 minutes, and the throttle should be released.

Heh, my middle mouse button automatically opens in a new tab. I can click fast. So just clicking my last few (3-10) log entries in a row and *poof*, throttled like Bart Simpson after egging Homer. :angry:

If you are watching this topic and would like to raise the noise level on the throttling issue a little, please go to THIS TOPIC and add your comments and observations. Subscribe to the topic and visit on a regular basis, please! It is rediculous for the system to be throttled to a level that suspends activity for a human being using the standard GUI.

Thanks,