Mystery coins

Damenace

http://untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com

"Geocoins are the ultimate treasure to leave or find in a geocache. This website is dedicated to collecting a virtual numismatic display of 'untrackable' geocoins ie: those which are not tracked online using a serial number. Untrackable geocoins include some of the most sought after personal geocoins and the mystery coins gifted to the caching community by anonymous donors like the Geocoin Fairy"

One coin that didn't make it to Damenace's thread was the Binary Coin.... or better known as Banned from the Forums Binary Mystery Coin.

ac7d0caa-c4b2-424a-8a55-bd25fafeda60.jpg

That's very unusual. Is that all there is to it :lol::)

It isn´t bad. It´s a really, really great Coin, i love it! :)

front.jpg

And, there is a GSA "Geocoin Secret Agent Geocoin" too.

Edited by matlock75

Seems like there has been a recent run of mystery coins in the last week or so. For the newer people on the Geocoin Discussions, let's put together a thread of all the known Mystery coins out there along with a picture if you have one. I'm sure there is some that I haven't seen or heard of before. How many are really out there?

Seems like there has been a recent run of mystery coins in the last week or so. For the newer people on the Geocoin Discussions, let's put together a thread of all the known Mystery coins out there along with a picture if you have one. I'm sure there is some that I haven't seen or heard of before. How many are really out there?

It's a mystery :)

I'm glad you posted this thread - I was just going to do one myself as I'm following the other thread about the dragon geocoin found here in UK by the Sussex Leprecauns. This phenomenon of Mystery Geocoins seems quite well-known in USA (perhaps there are more magical Little People over that side of the Pond?) but less often seen/heard of over here, I think.

A complete list of all the Mystery Geocoins would be most welcome :)

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

A complete list of all the Mystery Geocoins would be most welcome :)

MrsB

I'll second that, this is a great idea.....I've only just heard of them in the last couple of weeks!! :)

These all look fantastic!

Edited by Geo-Gophers

And a more recent one here.

The threads you mention aren´t as good as this one, ´cause this one has pictures in it with the names. :)

As far as I am concerned, I just learned about the coins this last week and think they are a great invention, thanks to all of you, even though I didn´t see any coins in person they seem to make peaople happy. That is a great thing to do :)

The threads you mention aren´t as good as this one, ´cause this one has pictures in it with the names. :)

As far as I am concerned, I just learned about the coins this last week and think they are a great invention, thanks to all of you, even though I didn´t see any coins in person they seem to make peaople happy. That is a great thing to do :)

I think just like Tschakko, i hope to see more Mysteriecoins with a picture, please show us older mysteriecoins

I think just like Tschakko, i hope to see more Mysteriecoins with a picture, please show us older mysteriecoins

Threads have now been merged, just look back through earlier postings and you will see pictures of older mystery coins.

Here are a couple of threads about mystery coins and what some look like...I have not had the pleasure of owning one of these but hope to someday...how to get one you ask? Just the luck of the draw I guess some are found in caches so if you find one in a cache you get to keep it :)

Mystery coins

MICKEY DIVER

The Dark Knight new

Wishing coin new

Edit to add:

Forgot this part lol

very nice people out there pay to have these coins minted to randomly place in caches or send to people... they create an ID no one knows who they are and we love them for it B)

It's all a mystery :)

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

I know it is very nice and excellent to be able to receive a mystery coin.

A mystery coin is a coin that someone had minted, with their own money, and sent to others via mail or other cachers in your area to hand to you. Or they are placed in a cache as a surprise and gift for the one who finds it.

Anyways, they use their own money to do all this. Basically, the generous person enjoys the joy one of their coins bring to others and get enjoyment by reading about how the recipient received it. As well as the rest of us .

You know one thing amazing about them is that they usually show up when the receiver is feeling low. This coin brightens their day and brings a smile to their face after tears of joy(usually)

They are a mystery because most Do Not know where or who they come from.

This is just my theory :)

Fairyhoney

Edited by fairyhoney

Thanks for the reponses. I guess next time I should use the search feature. Just figured asking questions was also a good way to get to know folks since we are new round here.

Your most welcome...most are nice here to respose and be helpful other well....I'll be nice lol :)

Some do not understand that they to were NEW once :)

gl with this crazy addiction B)

Thanks for the reponses. I guess next time I should use the search feature. Just figured asking questions was also a good way to get to know folks since we are new round here.

This may very well get merged. But, as far as I could tell, you were asking a different question than the other postings.

I hope you keep coming back as I'm sure you just may get to know us and we you. We are generally a fun and friendly bunch of cachers who share the intense yearning and acquiring of geocoins. You just might like us :) !

Oh, I must warn you that this is a rather habit forming "hobby" that May become an obsession and can be quite addictive - And that in itself can become expensive and hard on your pocket book :)

I wouldn't let your son get discouraged nor yourself for that matter.

Fairyhoney

Hmmm... that rings a bell for some strange, unknown reason... oh yeah! - I started a thread for people to come in and introduce themselves! :)

So come over to the thread here and introduce yourself :). Don't be shy. B)

Hmmm... that rings a bell for some strange, unknown reason... oh yeah! - I started a thread for people to come in and introduce themselves! :D

So come over to the thread here and introduce yourself :D. Don't be shy. :D

PLEASE take what some have said with a grain of salt. ( you ever hear of that saying . . . "They eat their young"? )

I hope you keep coing back and Do take KeeWee up on his thread :)

Hmmm... that rings a bell for some strange, unknown reason... oh yeah! - I started a thread for people to come in and introduce themselves! :D

So come over to the thread here and introduce yourself :D. Don't be shy. :)

PLEASE take what some have said with a grain of salt. ( you ever hear of that saying . . . "They eat their young"? )

I hope they really don't do that, "They eat their young"? :D

Hmmm... that rings a bell for some strange, unknown reason... oh yeah! - I started a thread for people to come in and introduce themselves! :)

So come over to the thread here and introduce yourself :D. Don't be shy. :D

& PLEASE take what some have said with a grain of salt. ( you ever hear of that saying . . . "They eat their young"? )

I hope they really don't do that, "They eat their young"? :D

It's a saying nurses and CNAs use about newbies. You'd be surprised at their action. Thank goodness not very many do it. It's where they crap on them, put them down and basically don't help them out !