Mystery coins

Damenace

After dumping out my drawer collection on the bed last night (was looking for a coin), I began to separate them into groups and here is the mystery coin group I cam up with, I didn't include the Snowflake or a couple of others since I consider them thank yous rather than mysteries:

b9c42e0e-3a24-49b9-85b5-e9a945edf9c3.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the coin shaped like Mickey Mouse? I would do anything anybody wants for one :wacko:

I don't know a thing about it, other than one showed up in my trader box on Saturday, just like all them little punkins. I really haven't sorted out all my stuff from the weekend to take a picture for ya, but I did notice that little Mickey Mouse beauty in my haul. No one traded it to me, that's all I know :laughing:

After dumping out my drawer collection on the bed last night (was looking for a coin), I began to separate them into groups and here is the mystery coin group I cam up with, I didn't include the Snowflake or a couple of others since I consider them thank yous rather than mysteries:

Does anyone know anything about the coin shaped like Mickey Mouse? I would do anything anybody wants for one :D

I don't know a thing about it, other than one showed up in my trader box on Saturday, just like all them little punkins. I really haven't sorted out all my stuff from the weekend to take a picture for ya, but I did notice that little Mickey Mouse beauty in my haul. No one traded it to me, that's all I know :laughing:

Sure wish I had found one in my box on Saturday! Instead some out of my binder grew legs :wacko:

Does anyone know anything about the coin shaped like Mickey Mouse? I would do anything anybody wants for one :laughing:

I don't know a thing about it, other than one showed up in my trader box on Saturday, just like all them little punkins. I really haven't sorted out all my stuff from the weekend to take a picture for ya, but I did notice that little Mickey Mouse beauty in my haul. No one traded it to me, that's all I know :D

Sure wish I had found one in my box on Saturday! Instead some out of my binder grew legs :wacko:

I'm pretty sure I lost one coin as well Beverly. I just try not to care :D Two or more walked away at GW5, and a few at Coinfest in Temecula. That's why I started carrying a "private stash" box, of coins that never, ever, leave my sight. The ones in my main "trader box" were all normal releases, and I won't lose sleep over it.

Now, back to the program. Here, punkin, punkin, punkin . . . :D

Whoahh... That mickey coin would be an awesome addition to my collection!!

Any light someone can shed on that coin would be greatly appreciated!!! I just LOVE Disney! :D:D:laughing:

I was thinking the same thing.... Not only am I a diver, but my better half worked as a "Friend" of the characters at MGM Studios years ago!!!!

This is a "coin that I desire" for the list :wacko:

Any light someone can shed on that coin would be greatly appreciated!!! I just LOVE Disney! :D:laughing::wacko:

I was thinking the same thing.... Not only am I a diver, but my better half worked as a "Friend" of the characters at MGM Studios years ago!!!!

This is a "coin that I desire" for the list :D

You and me both...45 days and us dragons soar into Disney!

I am all about Disney, my cousin is Snow White at Disneyland. :laughing:

I am a certified diver as well, but I have not been diving since I had the girls...so it has been a while. We used to dive all the time B.C.

That's cool!!!! My wife was Pluto, Buzz, and Eeyore to name a few. We have been diving at least once a year for around the past 10 years ... not as much diving prior to 1998.

Wow, I've never heard of that "Mickey" coin. I would certainly love to have that one in my collection as well. ( I used to work at Walt Disney World and I loved it! When my family returned from the Philippines, we went to Disneyland in CA and I thought this would be the coolest place to work! And I was right!. . . :surprise: ) If anyone finds out how to get one, put me on the list to notify!

Lots of folks with Disney ties! Add me to the list; worked for the Mouse in Orlando designing cruise ship booking SW about a decade ago, their self-proclaimed "greatest place on earth" isn't too far off the mark!

Going down for our almost-annual pilgrimage soon, this year with a bunch of in-laws and doing it during Thanksgiving week. I think I have lost my mind as we usually try to avoid the busy seasons! :surprise: Just have to figure out whether to buy a frozen turkey here and thaw it down there or to take my chances with Orlando grocery stores.... :ph34r:

Back on topic....yeah, I'd trade dang near anything for a Mickey themed coin! ;)

Any light someone can shed on that coin would be greatly appreciated!!! I just LOVE Disney! :P:blink::blink:

This is a "coin that I desire" for the list :P

You and me both...45 days and us dragons soar into Disney!

:P:D

O.K, I am REALLLLLLLY jealous!! I am a Diver, have been for a couple of years, and loved Disney World when we went a couple of years ago. We spent 12 days there, and I still don't think we saw and did everything!! lol

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! Preeeeety Pleeeease!!!

So far, the only Mystery Coin I have is my Oh so Lucky GeoLeprechaun coin!!

Let's see... I've dove for FTF on a 5-star cache a 6-hour drive away, I've dove in January's 40-degree temps for a locationless cache...

I think I need a diving mickey! :unsure:

I did my check out dive when the air temp was around 25. The water was warmed by the cooling towers at the power plant, but changing was a different story. an was that cold.

This has to be the coolest mystery coin out there. Not many made and not many cachers have one (I think). This showed up in my mailbox yesterday. Thank you, (who ever it was) for giving it too me.

IMG_1749.jpg

That's a cool one, I've heard about that one but never really saw a pic b4, thanks for sharing.

What is that one with the fish? That looks like a cool one? I'd also like to see the Geocoin Fairy, Crappy Cache, Pot of Gold, The Bug, and the Mickey Diver show up one day too:)

Edited by Nochipra

So what is the definition of a Mystery Coin? Does the 'giver' have to be unknown or is it the way you get the coins?

For instance I was just wondering if the Lackey coin would be considered a Mystery coin or not? I don't know much about them and don't know how you go about getting one..which makes it all a mystery to me anyway.

This is the first I've looked into this thread and holy cow. I just have to say that is frikkin ridiculous. I only own one "mystery" coin and I had to buy it!

How the heck do you get these things??

I miss public sales on coins half the time, there is no possible way I can see finding that many mystery ones :blink:

I need to get on the mailing list for mystery coins I guess... :P

I'll bite. What the heck is a mystery coin?

A mystery coin would be defined as a coin that is not sold or traded but delivered to others by either placing them in caches or secretively mailing them to other cachers while remaining annonymous to others.

There are no set guidelins on how to obtain a mystery coin. It really is a luck of the draw