Mystery coins

Damenace

:)

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :D ? Isn't that Halloween :lol: ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :huh::) !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :huh::P

I have been growing on my vine

and by the time

fall comes around I will

be ready to make my visits to

caches all around the world

leaving my treasure as I go!

Stupid Linus. There is no great pumpkin. I fell for that last year and won't again this year.

Only to those who believe!

I Believe!!!!

ME TOO!! :D:D:huh:;)

:D

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :huh: ? Isn't that Halloween :huh: ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :D;) !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :P:)

Stupid Linus. There is no great pumpkin. I fell for that last year and won't again this year.

Is this your way of asking me to sit in a dark lonely field with you all night waiting for the great Pumpkin to arrive? :huh:

:lol:

OOooooo! This is starting to sound like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow...............That headless horseman with the flaming pumpkin sure was creepy looking coming through the fog last Fall. :D:):):):)

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :) ? Isn't that Halloween :) ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :D:huh: !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :D:lol:

and by the time

fall comes around I will

Okay...I'm coinfused (I know, it does not take much)...does this mean that we have 2 mystery coins to look forward to? What a sweet treat!

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :huh: ? Isn't that Halloween :huh: ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :D;) !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :P:)

Is this your way of asking me to sit in a dark lonely field with you all night waiting for the great Pumpkin to arrive? :huh:

:lol:

OOooooo! This is starting to sound like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow...............That headless horseman with the flaming pumpkin sure was creepy looking coming through the fog last Fall. :D:):):):)

Well there is an idea for a new mystery coin :D .

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :) ? Isn't that Halloween :D ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :D:huh: !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :lol::huh:

and by the time

fall comes around I will

Okay...I'm coinfused (I know, it does not take much)...does this mean that we have 2 mystery coins to look forward to? What a sweet treat!

Thats how I take it the Great Geo-Pumpkin and the CreepyCrawlyCachers. I have never been so excited for a holiday to arrive :) !

I don't have a single mystery coin yet but I hope to some day stumble across one in a geocache. I feel like that will be the most exciting part of one, whatever one it is!

I, too, do not know what the "Mystery Coins" are...however I just did a trade yesterday for a coin that I have not seen...so when it arrives it will be a mystery to me!!! ;)

Thats how I take it the Great Geo-Pumpkin and the CreepyCrawlyCachers. I have never been so excited for a holiday to arrive ;) !

And the real game begins...Seems Damenace knows a little more than the rest of us about the CCCs Coin than he is letting onto. He announces the coin the same day the account was created? Hmmmm...coincidence?

Thats how I take it the Great Geo-Pumpkin and the CreepyCrawlyCachers. I have never been so excited for a holiday to arrive :laughing: !

And the real game begins...Seems Damenace knows a little more than the rest of us about the CCCs Coin than he is letting onto. He announces the coin the same day the account was created? Hmmmm...coincidence?

:laughing::rolleyes:;):laughing::laughing::unsure:;):):laughing:

Thats how I take it the Great Geo-Pumpkin and the CreepyCrawlyCachers. I have never been so excited for a holiday to arrive :) !

Hmm...same thing I was thinking. ;):laughing::laughing:

The geocoin fairy is going to the MWGB so be on the look out. I know I am.

How do you know that? :blink:

What about the mystery foot print coin?

Yes, she/he said that they most likely will be there to drop some coins. I also know some other "Mystery coin cachers" will be there to drop some of their coins.

Like who? :laughing: We gonna see a guy in a trenchcoat or a bunny suit walking around too? :blink:

A few have asked if I will be at the Geobash but alas I am not ready to yet leave my vine. I will not be ready to fly out of the most sincere pumpkin patch and deliver my treasures to those who BELIEVE until later.

A few have asked if I will be at the Geobash but alas I am not ready to yet leave my vine. I will not be ready to fly out of the most sincere pumpkin patch and deliver my treasures to those who BELIEVE until later.

Maybe you, and any of the other mystery persons, will be ready to come to our Geofort Event (GC13ZBN) in september. You are all welcome to visit the ancient fort. Plenty of room here to hide any mystery coin.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :laughing:

How would this be.....

MYSTERY CACHERS INVADE MWGB 2007!!!

Dateline Kendallville, IN July 20,2007....

On the run since "Christmas 2006", the "Mouth of the South" made off with the "Crappy Cache Award". So Signal and the fine folks at Groundspeak called in the assistance of the "Geocoin Secret Agent" and "The Phantom Cacher" to try and track down the "Mouth of the South". During their pursuit, "The Phantom Cacher" was hit by what was thought to be poison pigmy darts, but as it turns out he was only bitten by the "G. O'Coin B.U.G.". Stunned slightly by the bite, "The Phantom Cacher" was transported via "Secret Santa" to the first aid tent set up at MWGB '07, where the friendly geocachers called on the mystic powers of "The Geocoin Fairy" to aid in healing our hero.

Meanwhile still on the hunt, the "Geocoin Secret Agent" called on some local support from Indiana's own, "The Shadow" to assist in the pursuit. The chase took them through the "Great Geo-Pumpkin" patch where the "Easter Geocoin Bunny" was next door to, tending his own garden of carrots. They finally caught up with him when they followed a rainbow all the way to what appeared to be a pot of gold left by the "GeoLeprechaun" himself. With the culprit in hand, they made their way back to hundreds of cheering geocachers at the MWGB.

When asked why he tried making off with the award, his only response was...."Don't Fence Me In"!

Kind of corny, I know. But we can always hope for that kind of turnout at the Bash!

How would this be.....

On the run since "Christmas 2006", the "Mouth of the South" made off with the "Crappy Cache Award". So Signal and the fine folks at Groundspeak called in the assistance of the "Geocoin Secret Agent" and "The Phantom Cacher" to try and track down the "Mouth of the South". During their pursuit, "The Phantom Cacher" was hit by what was thought to be poison pigmy darts, but as it turns out he was only bitten by the "G. O'Coin B.U.G.". Stunned slightly by the bite, "The Phantom Cacher" was transported via "Secret Santa" to the first aid tent set up at MWGB '07, where the friendly geocachers called on the mystic powers of "The Geocoin Fairy" to aid in healing our hero.

Meanwhile still on the hunt, the "Geocoin Secret Agent" called on some local support from Indiana's own, "The Shadow" to assist in the pursuit. The chase took them through the "Great Geo-Pumpkin" patch where the "Easter Geocoin Bunny" was next door to, tending his own garden of carrots. They finally caught up with him when they followed a rainbow all the way to what appeared to be a pot of gold left by the "GeoLeprechaun" himself. With the culprit in hand, they made their way back to hundreds of cheering geocachers at the MWGB.

When asked why he tried making off with the award, his only response was...."Don't Fence Me In"!

Kind of corny, I know. But we can always hope for that kind of turnout at the Bash!

:D^_^:):D

How would this be.....

Pretty good. Managed to get almost all of them in there. Personally I would pay to watch the Geocoin Fairy healing the Phantom Cacher, but word has it they had a nasty break up some time ago.

Ohhhhhh. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We have a big party at my house for our daughters and their friends. Last years theam was Creepy Crawley (here are pictures of the food we made) and this years theme is The Mad Scientist (yes I already started planning for this year :tired: ). The mystery coins will make Halloween extra special this year :D

How would this be.....

LOL very good!

How would this be.....

Thats great I love it :P:P

:)

It looks as if I have forgotten another mystery coin!!! It seems the CreepyCrawlyCachers are at it again with there All Hallows Eve coin!! Oh shoot, All Hallows Eve :D ? Isn't that Halloween :D ? Stay tuned to a cache near you, sometime in October :o:P !!

October will be full of mystery coins. :D :D

and by the time

fall comes around I will

Is October here yet :P ????

After dumping out my drawer collection on the bed last night (was looking for a coin), I began to separate them into groups and here is the mystery coin group I cam up with, I didn't include the Snowflake or a couple of others since I consider them thank yous rather than mysteries:

b9c42e0e-3a24-49b9-85b5-e9a945edf9c3.jpg

Oooo..what is the one shaped like Mickey Mouse? 61 days until we see Mickey in person! We cannot wait!

mickey002.gif

I have seen the Great Pumpkin coin !!!

Oooohhhhh!!! Can't wait to see that one!!

Some very cool coins, I didn't realize there were so many different ones out there. I've got V1 and V2 of The Geocoin Fairy's coins, a red and blue easter egg and the G. O'Coin B.U.G. coin.

I knew about the pot of gold and the secret agent coins. But that mickey diver is VERY cool!

Now I have to ask...what's with the brass slug? Looks like a freeze plug. Where did those come from?

And now you're talking about one that hasn't even been released? How did you find out about a "secret" coin that's not out yet? Or is it out and I just missed it (yeah, I so in the loop <sigh>)?

Doh, teach me to just browse the thread, just went back and actually READ the whole thing. Forget the question about the pumpkin, but let me add..

I BELIEVE TOO! I was always willing to sit with Linus and wait for the Great Pumpkin. Of course I wouldn't mind if Snoopy kept me company. The warmth of a great dog in the cool hours of the morning can make waiting for the Great Pumpkin bearable!

I hope you visit WY during this month! That would be great to see the Great Geo-Pumpkin!

I knew about the pot of gold and the secret agent coins. But that mickey diver is VERY cool!

Now I have to ask...what's with the brass slug? Looks like a freeze plug. Where did those come from?

And now you're talking about one that hasn't even been released? How did you find out about a "secret" coin that's not out yet? Or is it out and I just missed it (yeah, I so in the loop <sigh>)?

The brass coin is the Official and Original Banned From the GeoCoin Forums GeoCoin. It made it's debut at the MWGB this year. It comes with an alternate tracking method that hasn't fully caught on yet. (Not sure if any Mystery Coins are actually trackable or not though. Someone else can answer this.)

Most people find out about Mystery Coins here. A few people get a coin either from the mail, or in a cache, and post here. Them the word gets spread and the frenzy begins. It's kind of fun to watch where the Mystery Cacher goes and how the coins get around.

The brass coin is the Official and Original Banned From the GeoCoin Forums GeoCoin. It made it's debut at the MWGB this year. It comes with an alternate tracking method that hasn't fully caught on yet. (Not sure if any Mystery Coins are actually trackable or not though. Someone else can answer this.)

Most people find out about Mystery Coins here. A few people get a coin either from the mail, or in a cache, and post here. Them the word gets spread and the frenzy begins. It's kind of fun to watch where the Mystery Cacher goes and how the coins get around.

Just to add, it's not GC trackable, but fully customizable, so in fact you can actually tailor the version to your current or specific needs... it's actually the most versatile coin on the market and pure genius in its simple design. :D

Edit to add: I believe there were 266 of them made. Can't tell for sure since some are numbered and others aren't.

Edited by avroair

Sittling here waiting at the patch to find one.

I didn't find one, but I saw one found at our Geocoinfest last night. Apparently, The Great Geo-pumpkin and the Geocoin Fairy both attended our event last night! Frivlas found the Great Geo-pumpkin geocoin, so maybe she will post a photo of hers.

--Marky

Thanks for the info!

Sittling here waiting at the patch to find one.

I didn't find one, but I saw one found at our Geocoinfest last night. Apparently, The Great Geo-pumpkin and the Geocoin Fairy both attended our event last night! Frivlas found the Great Geo-pumpkin geocoin, so maybe she will post a photo of hers.

--Marky

I never saw The Great Pumpkin, but when I was looking through my new coins that I had traded for yesterday, I found the cutest pumpkin. And I know I didn't trade anybody for it, it just appeared in my little box!

Thank you Great Pumpkin!

Huh, I just found a crappy cache award the other day and emailed the person who dropped it to tell them they did not log it into cache... then as I am examining it, I see there is no tracking number...

Guess I need to find a really crappy cache to put it in! How do these stay in rotation though? I imagine most people would just keep it if they saw there is no tracking (people keep my coins anyways that are obviously trackable).

Edited by svladcjelli

After dumping out my drawer collection on the bed last night (was looking for a coin), I began to separate them into groups and here is the mystery coin group I cam up with, I didn't include the Snowflake or a couple of others since I consider them thank yous rather than mysteries:

b9c42e0e-3a24-49b9-85b5-e9a945edf9c3.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the coin shaped like Mickey Mouse? I would do anything anybody wants for one :laughing: