The Tampa Bay Geocoin: Coming mid-July '07

Tampa Bay Geocachers

TBCoinDesign.jpg

The Tampa Bay Geocachers will have a new coin coming out in about two weeks. We anticipate getting them in around July 25th.

We got word out around the Tampa Bay area and have so far reserved about 70 coins. But that's not enough and we are still in the red. We need to get more sold so we can be in the black. As many of you know, having a geocoin made is not an inexpensive endeavour. It's fun, and worth it, but we can't lose money on this.

So....if you are interested in one or more, please email us at tbgeo@lycos.com with your Geocaching ID and we'll get you added to our list. Obviously we also need to know how many coins you'd like. They are $10 each, plus $2 for shipping. If you get more than two, we'll cut some slack on the shipping costs (it won't be $2 a coin at that point).

YES, they will be trackable and YES they will have a unique icon.

They are 1.75" wide, 1" high, 4mm thick (I believe), black nickel finish with soft enamel.

We have a Paypal account set up and will do business through it.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Edited by Tampa Bay Geocachers

just curious who Tampa Bay Geocachers is... profile shows no finds, no hides, no nothing other than an ad for the geocoin... does not look like a personal geocoin... is this a group of cachers? I didn't know Groundspeak allowed membership for advertising/commercial reasons. I think I kinda like the coin, but "the market" can be brutal and you may be stuck with a lot of unsold coins. Any more, you've gotta have an outstanding coin to sell more than a hundred... especially with a coin so specialized in geographic area represented... before I preorder, I need to know a lot more about who I'm buying from...

I'm not sure why I can't edit my post above... I feel I owe TampaBayGeocachers an apology for not PMing them before posting a note that could so easily be misinterpreted in quite a negative way. I think the questions are legit, I just should have asked them in a gentler way. So, I am sorry. I've received information from them that they are a legit group of cachers with a bunch of finds and hides who love this game as much as any of us. I'm in for this coin and am anxious to plan a vacation in their neck of the woods to see if their geoSkeeters are as vicious as those here in northCentral Florida. Sorry again for the nasty post... it really wasn't meant to be so. Lesson learned here. Thanks for your understanding.

Ahhhh, I can hear it now....

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

You know, that annoying sound of the lone mosquito lurking in your tent after you zip it up at night and have just blown out the candle lantern!

At least the mosquitoes I got today don't bite! :laughing: Now I'll have to see if I can sneak out to TB and find some caches when we pay our next visit to WDW. :o

The coins are here! They arrived today and we will be getting everything ready and shipping out this weekend. For anyone interested, please send an email to tbgeo@lycos.com. They are $10 each plus $2 for shipping. If you order a few, i.e. 3 or more, shipping is less than $2/coin.

Thanks! :laughing:

I want a coin!!!