Xl and GPSBabel

I have a Explorist XL and when I try to get POIs loaded using Babel, I don't think the Exploits is recognized by my iMac G5 OS 10.4.9, since no data shows up in the gpsr. I am downloading Geocaching.com loc files and following chimbisimo instructions.

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

Explorist (and "Exploits") is recognized as a storage device on the Mac. It shows up in /Volumes just like every other disk you attach to a Mac. Read and write files to it works.

Which half of the equation are you asking for help with, getting Explorist recognized (attach, choose storage mode, verify it shows up in FInder) or getting the Explorist to recognize the files after you've verified they're on the Explorist?

Be specific in your question. You'll get better answers.

I have a Explorist XL and when I try to get POIs loaded using Babel, I don't think the Exploits is recognized by my iMac G5 OS 10.4.9, since no data shows up in the gpsr. I am downloading Geocaching.com loc files and following chimbisimo instructions.

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

That sounds funny especially when you know that "chimbisimo" means "really lame."

If you see the mounted volume icon on your desktop, then your iMac can see it. Try marking a new POI on your XL, then mounting your GPS to your iMac, then searching the GPS via spotlight for that POI name. Upper right-hand corner of the finder window is where you can find the search field.

Once you locate the POI you've created, then you'll know where to have GPSBabel save your .upt file to. (the .upt that you've created out of your .loc file with GPSBabel)