60CSx Backlight

Hey, I have a question for you guys that I can't seem to find an answer for by searching threads. I just received my new 60CSx today and have a question about the backlight/display. Compared to my vista cx, the 60CSx display is really dim and washed out. Seemingly about 1/2 as bright as the vista. Has anyone else noticed this? I spoke to a customer service rep at Garmin today and he said that this is a common complaint that they hear. Apparently it is a battery save feature that is built in, but it just seems a bit excessive to me. Anyway, it is just kind of bugging me and I want to check with you guys before I start to worry that it may have a problem. Thanks for your time.

Edited by rfields4013

I just received my new 60CSx today and have a question about the backlight. Compared to my vista cx, the 60CSx display is really dim. Seemingly about 1/2 as bright as the vista.

I just got a 60cx and I haven't noticed a difference between that and the ventureCX I was using before. But I keep my display very dim to protect nightvision so maybe I wouldn't have noticed.

Compared to my vista cx, the 60CSx display is really dim. Seemingly about 1/2 as bright as the vista. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi there,

This may seem like a silly question, but when you push the light / power button, I assume you pushed it again to cycle through the different brightenesses. It goes dark, bright, medium.

Just thought I'd check. Personally I have no real issues with the light other than it going off a bit quick.

Enjoy!

I have tried changing the color schemes and have played with the day/night settings too, but I think it is screwed. On the sapphire setting, instead of having a black background, I have sort of a faded brown thing going on. I can see the the main roads/highways, but they are not bright red like they are on my vista. They are more of a pinkish color. The wash out effect only seems to be happening on the map screen. the other pages have good color, they just aren't bright at all.

I have tried changing the color schemes and have played with the day/night settings too, but I think it is screwed. On the sapphire setting, instead of having a black background, I have sort of a faded brown thing going on. I can see the the main roads/highways, but they are not bright red like they are on my vista. They are more of a pinkish color. The wash out effect only seems to be happening on the map screen. the other pages have good color, they just aren't bright at all.

I have the Vista 60CSX, and I also have problems with the map page. I did compare the screeds side by side with the Vista CX, and the Vista background is a much brighter yellow color and the 60CSX is more of a washed out yellow-brownish. My other pages are just fine. I like the larger screen for in car navigation, but in bright dayight, it can be a little harder to see.

Hey, I have a question for you guys that I can't seem to find an answer for by searching threads. I just received my new 60CSx today and have a question about the backlight/display. Compared to my vista cx, the 60CSx display is really dim and washed out. Seemingly about 1/2 as bright as the vista. Has anyone else noticed this? I spoke to a customer service rep at Garmin today and he said that this is a common complaint that they hear. Apparently it is a battery save feature that is built in, but it just seems a bit excessive to me. Anyway, it is just kind of bugging me and I want to check with you guys before I start to worry that it may have a problem. Thanks for your time.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is experiencing this issue with the backlight on the 60CSx. I too just upgraded from an eTrex Vista Cx and noticed a HUGE difference in the brightness level of the 2 units. On my Vista Cx, I only had the brightness level at 70% and it was plenty bright. On the 60CSx, even with the brightness level at 100%, it is still significantly less bright than the Vista Cx at only 70%. Also, the colors on the 60CSx are not as “vibrant” as they are on the Vista Cx. They seem to be washed out or toned down. I’m not sure if the color issue correlates to the brightness level or if it is something else altogether. Are there any other 60CSx owners out there who have noticed these display issues?

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is experiencing this issue with the backlight on the 60CSx. I too just upgraded from an eTrex Vista Cx and noticed a HUGE difference in the brightness level of the 2 units. On my Vista Cx, I only had the brightness level at 70% and it was plenty bright. On the 60CSx, even with the brightness level at 100%, it is still significantly less bright than the Vista Cx at only 70%. Also, the colors on the 60CSx are not as “vibrant” as they are on the Vista Cx. They seem to be washed out or toned down. I’m not sure if the color issue correlates to the brightness level or if it is something else altogether. Are there any other 60CSx owners out there who have noticed these display issues?

Ditto! Cx to CSx, now going to HCx.

Ditto! Cx to CSx, now going to HCx.

Well I would say mine is less than what I would like it to be.