A sad feeling

In preparation for moving I just completed adopting out the last of my caches and as of today am no longer the official owner of any caches. :o And while it is nice knowing that my caches will live on I feel kind of sad that in the short term, until I can get some caches hidden at my new location, I am only a finder and not an owner. It was just so much fun reading the logs of finders and going on maintenance runs. Yes I know I can still watch the caches and read the logs but it is just not the same feeling. Anybody else ever get this feeling?

Oddly no. I adopted some out when I moved. Since I placed them I just put them on my watch list and was happy. For me it's not so much the pride of ownership as having placed them and the resulting logs.

The only part that does bug me is when those new owners don't maintain them and I can't do it either (which is why I adopted them out...)so the caches get archived before their time.

In preparation for moving I just completed adopting out the last of my caches and as of today am no longer the official owner of any caches. :o And while it is nice knowing that my caches will live on I feel kind of sad that in the short term, until I can get some caches hidden at my new location, I am only a finder and not an owner. It was just so much fun reading the logs of finders and going on maintenance runs. Yes I know I can still watch the caches and read the logs but it is just not the same feeling. Anybody else ever get this feeling?
I think that we all feel a certain amount of pride regarding our caches. Certainly, turning them over to someone else will cause some anxiety.

Some time ago, there was a thread which asked whether it would be better to archive or adopt out caches if one moved. This led me to examine what I would do with mine. I'm still not sure what I would end up doing.

In preparation for moving I just completed adopting out the last of my caches and as of today am no longer the official owner of any caches. :rolleyes: And while it is nice knowing that my caches will live on I feel kind of sad that in the short term, until I can get some caches hidden at my new location, I am only a finder and not an owner. It was just so much fun reading the logs of finders and going on maintenance runs. Yes I know I can still watch the caches and read the logs but it is just not the same feeling. Anybody else ever get this feeling?

Another good reason not to ever move again :blink:

Seriously, we're going to miss you here in the Fourth Corner -- you've contributed a lot to the caching here. Your new home base will benefit from your enthusiasm and creative cache hides. We wish you well!

I just abondened all of my poor children... ooops - I meant CACHES...

But, thank god for the virtuals!

I think you mean victuals; thank God for victuals.

WOW a word with meaning that I had never seen or heard of before today. Thanks criminal. B)

Someone never watched the Beverly Hillbillies B)

WOW a word with meaning that I had never seen or heard of before today. Thanks criminal. B)

Someone never watched the Beverly Hillbillies B)

I always thought it was "vittles". Same thing? B)

In preparation for moving I just completed adopting out the last of my caches and as of today am no longer the official owner of any caches. B) And while it is nice knowing that my caches will live on I feel kind of sad that in the short term, until I can get some caches hidden at my new location, I am only a finder and not an owner. It was just so much fun reading the logs of finders and going on maintenance runs. Yes I know I can still watch the caches and read the logs but it is just not the same feeling. Anybody else ever get this feeling?

Yeah. I would be really sad. I had one go over to Waymarking and then get taken over. I had the same feeling. I am sure I have found some of your caches but how can I check now? I highly recommend listing them in your profile! THE CACHES I'VE OWNED: blah blah blah... I'd like to see you list them there.

Someone never watched the Beverly Hillbillies ;)

I always thought it was "vittles". Same thing? B)

Ayup B) **shows her midwesterness origins**

**geeks out at your icon and decides not to hijack the thread**

WOW a word with meaning that I had never seen or heard of before today. Thanks criminal. :o

Someone never watched the Beverly Hillbillies :laughing:

I always thought it was "vittles". Same thing? :o

Ayup :o **shows her midwesterness origins**

**geeks out at your icon and decides not to hijack the thread**

Didn't really need to quote those, I was just amused at how many layers there are.

I've ended up archiving most of my Caches, and yes it is sad. You can always go the Travel Bug route.

i am thinking of moving country, but luckily in Cape town, South Africa, we have a super bunch of cachers.

I will not put my caches up for adoption, as that would indeed make me too sad to not get the credit for all my hard work. instead, if there are any concerns, i plan to just mail a friend who lives close by and ask them to check on the cache and maintain if necessary.

We have some other friends who moved to Australia, and their caches are surviving fine like that.

In preparation for moving I just completed adopting out the last of my caches and as of today am no longer the official owner of any caches. :laughing: And while it is nice knowing that my caches will live on I feel kind of sad that in the short term, until I can get some caches hidden at my new location, I am only a finder and not an owner. It was just so much fun reading the logs of finders and going on maintenance runs. Yes I know I can still watch the caches and read the logs but it is just not the same feeling. Anybody else ever get this feeling?

Yeah. I would be really sad. I had one go over to Waymarking and then get taken over. I had the same feeling. I am sure I have found some of your caches but how can I check now? I highly recommend listing them in your profile! THE CACHES I'VE OWNED: blah blah blah... I'd like to see you list them there.

Its sad to leave things behind, but it is exciting to start all over and have a second chance to apply lessons learned and do an even better job in the future (for all aspects of life).

Good luck