Geocaching.com down again

pklong

All I'm getting is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI._default.CreateDropdowns() +479

Geocaching.UI._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Seems like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is only happening for My Account, no I'm not paranoid, I mean your Account...

All other services at geocaching.com seem to be working but I can't look at my latest stats for travel bugs or anything.

Well it looks like I can see other peoples profiles so perhaps it IS ME.

Actually it really means that the Quick View+++ are not working, duh.

Edited by trainlove

Seems like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is only happening for My Account, no I'm not paranoid, I mean your Account...

All other services at geocaching.com seem to be working but I can't look at my latest stats for travel bugs or anything.

Well it looks like I can see other peoples profiles so perhaps it IS ME.

Actually it really means that the Quick View+++ are not working, duh.

It's mostly "My Account" for me too. Is there any way to build a PQ without going through the "my account" page?

It's mostly "My Account" for me too. Is there any way to build a PQ without going through the "my account" page?

Just memorize all the url's ahead of time and you can do it. Of course you have to have ESP or perhaps just memorize all the urls at geocaching.com that you normally use.

Just memorize all the url's ahead of time and you can do it. Of course you have to have ESP or perhaps just memorize all the urls at geocaching.com that you normally use.

Add as a bookmark or add to favorites, depending on your brower.

Yikes! I cannot access anything useful because I am no longer logged on. Not only has the site logged me out against my will, but now I am getting this error when I try to go to the main page or try to log on:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI._default.CreateDropdowns() +472

Geocaching.UI._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Yeah, site is down for me also. I keep loggng on and it keeps logging me off every time I go to run a query, check my page, etc. I was able to run 1 query this am, but now I too am unable to log on. I initially got the same error about 'network documentation' and now I get 'server too busy'. :o

will keep trying.. maybe later.... when half of us have gone to bed..

Every time I try to log in this is what I get....

General network error. Check your network documentation.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[sqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.]

System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSetSP(String StoredProc, ParameterList Params, Int32 Timeout, Database database) +116

Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlUserController.GetUserData(String username, String password, String UserIPAddress) +371

Groundspeak.Web.User.Validate(String username, String password, String UserIPAddress) +40

Geocaching.UI.login_default.NewLogin() +130

Geocaching.UI.login_default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +7

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1330

Man you would think that we are addicts trying to survive without our fixes.

PLEASE GET GC.COM UP SOON; I'M STARTING TO TWITCH.

Might go into a comma if down to long. :o:D:(:D:D

With all you people jonesing over the site, it speaks for the need for the formation of a GA 12 step program!