Adding User To Ingnore List

N8OFP - Del

Filter out Terrain 5 caches and you should be good to go with that type of issue...

It is not uncommon to see for example T3 for caches requiring a boat. Lowest I've seen so far has been T2.5 ...

Also, there are tremendous differences between caches having same T ratings.

Filter out Terrain 5 caches and you should be good to go with that type of issue...

It is not uncommon to see for example T3 for caches requiring a boat. Lowest I've seen so far has been T2.5 ...

Really? I'd report those to your reviewer. Anything that requires special equipment (boat, climbing gear, whatever) is supposed to be a Terrain 5*. With the sheer number of caches submitted, I can believe an oversight like that would be pretty easy.

*Last I knew, anyway.

**Also, I dunno if there are variations of that system outside of the USA. Check with your local reviewer.

Edited by New England n00b

Really? I'd report those to your reviewer. Anything that requires special equipment (boat, climbing gear, whatever) is supposed to be a Terrain 5*. With the sheer number of caches submitted, I can believe an oversight like that would be pretty easy.

*Last I knew, anyway.

**Also, I dunno if there are variations of that system outside of the USA. Check with your local reviewer.

I've seen several boat only caches in the U.S. and Canada not listed as 5 star terrain. Generally older caches. I'm kind of thinking the "5 star terrain = special equipment", as well as "1 star terrain = handicap accessable" ideas were hammered out here in these very forums, and eventually accepted as a whole.

The Bozo Bin has been requested a few times. It's a good idea.
Bozo bin! :laughing: That cracks me up everytime! Anyhow, I requested the same idea a while back. I really wish they would let us do that! :laughing:

The bozo bin, eh? I don't know trailgators, between the lack of input by TPTB on your thread and this one, I don't believe this is going to be happening anytime soon.

*Last I knew, anyway.

I've seen several boat only caches in the U.S. and Canada not listed as 5 star terrain. Generally older caches. I'm kind of thinking the "5 star terrain = special equipment", as well as "1 star terrain = handicap accessable" ideas were hammered out here in these very forums, and eventually accepted as a whole.

The Bozo Bin has been requested a few times. It's a good idea.
Bozo bin! :laughing: That cracks me up everytime! Anyhow, I requested the same idea a while back. I really wish they would let us do that! :laughing:

The bozo bin, eh? I don't know trailgators, between the lack of input by TPTB on your thread and this one, I don't believe this is going to be happening anytime soon.

I agree. I'm thinking that the TPTB must think it has too much of a negative connotation for the way the site likes to appear. Then again maybe they just have too many other fires to tend to.

I agree. I'm thinking that the TPTB must think it has too much of a negative connotation for the way the site likes to appear. Then again maybe they just have too many other fires to tend to.

If you're going to call it the bozo bin of course it has a negative connotation. I'd prefer to think of it as a batch ignore feature. Perhaps allowing you to added the results of any pocket query to your ignore list it would be more palatable? Of course you can't select all caches placed by .... in a pocket query, but that is another feature that has been asked for.

Edited by tozainamboku

If you're going to call it the bozo bin of course it has a negative connotation. I'd prefer to think of it as a batch ignore feature. Perhaps allowing you to added the results of any pocket query to your ignore list it would be more palatable? Of course you can't select all caches placed by .... in a pocket query, but that is another feature that has been asked for.

I didn't call it the "bozo bin." That was an RKism. :D The ignore option would be much better than the PQ option especially since you can dump coords directly to your GPS from the cache page now. I also don't want to see certain caches on my neareat lists or maps. :P