YYYYAAAAHHHOOOOOO! I have been bit by the bug......

Damenace

Congratulations Trena!

This little guy reminds me of the Blackfly Song written about working in Northern Ontario:

'Twas blackfly, blackfly, everywhere

A-crawlin' in your whiskers, a-crawlin' in your hair

A-swimmin' in the soup and a-swimmin' in the tea

The devil take the blackfly and let me be.

Chorus:

And the black flies, the little black flies

Always the black fly no matter where you go

I'll die with the black fly a Pickin' my bones

In North Ontar-i-o-i-o, In North Ontar-i-o

I love the way he's picking his teeth! :D

LOL these blackfly sound as bad as our dreaded Scottish midges!! :D

I wouldn't mind at all if I was bitten by this cute little guy, unfortunately though..... I think I'm too far away from his natural habitat. Congrats to all the folks who have had blood drawn by him though :D

Ali :D

Coin B.U.G. Esquire

While out caching a few weeks ago, I came home with 100s of chigger bites which became infected and I ended up on antibiotic. Just as they began to clear up a new cache popped up and off I go.

I knew I had a chance for FTF so my son, LuckiDuck, and I were very excited to work all through the multi and reach the final location. I decide to let him try to find it on his own although there was only one really obvious location. Just as I step back to send him off, I stepped into a yellow-jacket nest and get swarmed.

I told him to run and I headed to the van to close the door where another small child was watching us. He got far enough away but got stung 22 times. I knew if I went to help him the bee would swarm him again so I headed the opposite direction until eventually they leave. I ended up with 76 stings. We got into the van and headed out to find a ranger to shut the area down before another cacher tried to find the new cache.

After I showed him where the nest was at, I grabbed the cache, signed it, and put it back, STRANGE PRIORITY. My stings were starting to swell so we headed off to the doctor. Son was just given benedryl while I got 2 shots, benedryl and a prescription for Prednisone. I also now have to carry an EpiPen. This was my first reaction to a sting. After getting home and being exhausted my son got the mail and asked if he could open up the package that came. I didn’t care, I was in pain.

He showed me what was in the padded envelope - I was bitten again but this time I loved it. The coin couldn’t have arrived at a more appropriate time, My little one decided he gets half the coin since he was stung also.

G O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COIN. It will always be cherished even if my son swipes it and claims it as his own. LOL

We’re both recovering well. LuckiDuck had almost no reaction except he’s afraid to go caching again. He did get to claim FTF. I continue with the medication for a few more days but almost no swelling remains and Benedryl helps with the itching. After all this we still got FTF.

Coin B.U.G. Esquire

While out caching a few weeks ago, I came home with 100s of chigger bites which became infected and I ended up on antibiotic. Just as they began to clear up a new cache popped up and off I go.

I knew I had a chance for FTF so my son, LuckiDuck, and I were very excited to work all through the multi and reach the final location. I decide to let him try to find it on his own although there was only one really obvious location. Just as I step back to send him off, I stepped into a yellow-jacket nest and get swarmed.

I told him to run and I headed to the van to close the door where another small child was watching us. He got far enough away but got stung 22 times. I knew if I went to help him the bee would swarm him again so I headed the opposite direction until eventually they leave. I ended up with 76 stings. We got into the van and headed out to find a ranger to shut the area down before another cacher tried to find the new cache.

After I showed him where the nest was at, I grabbed the cache, signed it, and put it back, STRANGE PRIORITY. My stings were starting to swell so we headed off to the doctor. Son was just given benedryl while I got 2 shots, benedryl and a prescription for Prednisone. I also now have to carry an EpiPen. This was my first reaction to a sting. After getting home and being exhausted my son got the mail and asked if he could open up the package that came. I didn't care, I was in pain.

He showed me what was in the padded envelope - I was bitten again but this time I loved it. The coin couldn't have arrived at a more appropriate time, My little one decided he gets half the coin since he was stung also.

G O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COIN. It will always be cherished even if my son swipes it and claims it as his own. LOL

We're both recovering well. LuckiDuck had almost no reaction except he's afraid to go caching again. He did get to claim FTF. I continue with the medication for a few more days but almost no swelling remains and Benedryl helps with the itching. After all this we still got FTF.

Sorry to hear about all the stings, I hate bees/hornets and very afraid of them. Glad to hear you are better now as well as your son. We are so glad you were blessed with the B.U.G.

Valarie of sweetlife

Sorry to hear about all the stings, I hate bees/hornets and very afraid of them. Glad to hear you are better now as well as your son. We are so glad you were blessed with the B.U.G.

Valarie of sweetlife

Thank you. That's so sweet. What I didn't tell was that 1 of the 3 park workers that went to clear out the nest actually stepped into another nest about 10 feet away. He got fewer stings than me but more than my son. He's been off work for 2 days now. I haven't heard how he's doing

When I went to check my mailbox today I had this strange gut feeling that I would receive a bubble mailer that I wasn't expecting. To my absolute surprise it turned out to be true! Not only was it unexpected, it was also self-addressed!!! I ripped open the envelope and found... A G. O'COIN B.U.G. ESQUIRE MYSTERY COIN! This had been one of my favorites that I really wanted to receive! Thank you so much whoever you are, you really made my day!

bug.jpg

Mom said I could get on here and tell everyone what I got. My mom is luckycharmer. Tomorrow is my birthday and yesterday, I got a BUG Geocoin but I didn’t really send it to myself. Mom said it was probably because I got stung so many times last week. I only missed 1 1/2 days of school but Mom got really sick. When we go geocaching from now on, she has a sting pen that she showed me how to use, in case she gets stung again but my older sister will probably do it. Last week, I hid Mom’s bug coin under my bed so I can give it back to her now and keep my own. It‘s really neat. All my stings and my mom's have healed.

Whoever sent it to me THANKS. I will be 11.

LuckiDuck (I typed under my mom's account).

Edited by luckycharmer

Mom said I could get on here and tell everyone what I got. My mom is luckycharmer. Tomorrow is my birthday and yesterday, I got a BUG Geocoin but I didn’t really send it to myself. Mom said it was probably because I got stung so many times last week. I only missed 1 1/2 days of school but Mom got really sick. When we go geocaching from now on, she has a sting pen that she showed me how to use, in case she gets stung again but my older sister will probably do it. Last week, I hid Mom’s bug coin under my bed so I can give it back to her now and keep my own. It‘s really neat. All my stings and my mom's have healed.

Whoever sent it to me THANKS. I will be 11.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttt

Congrats with your bite bug, i am happy for you ;)

1008-013-106-1069.gif

Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow and ...................you may send me your birthday cake :D;):D

Whoootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Congrats to the latest recipients. Especially Luckycharmer. She is from my local area and I can attest that we can get some nasty bugs here around the Mississippi River area. May flies can get so thick that the snow plows are called out to clear the roads and bridges near the river in the middle of summer. Good to see a nice bug for once. Maybe he can fly across the river and bite me. LOL

Now look what flew into my mailbox!

I still can't believe it and constantly have to take the coin out of my pocket and look at it!

Well I alway knew, that I got bitten by the geocoin bug badly, but now I have proof.

Mr. G.O'coin B.U.G. Esquire graced me with his wonderful coin! Thank you soooo much, kind Sir! My first Mystery Coin! :lol:

Showed the envelope to my children after they came home from school. Good thing they weren't home as I opened the envelope, 'cause I did a kind of jig around the livingroom!

They couldn't believe, that this envelope was addressed at me from me!

Practical kids as they are, they immediately asked what happens, when the Sir get the address wrong.

Well, to my delight he didn't get my address wrong. And now I have not only my first ever Mystery Coin but a smug looking bug, who looks really happy to have stung onother one!

Thank you very, very much indeed, dear Sir!

bugii3.jpg

Whoa! It seems that I am twice bitten & thus twice blessed! Yesterday in the mail I found a suspiciously addressed mailer. The silly thing kept twitching & jumping about with an oddly familiar buzzing sound eminating from it. I carefully opened the package and out flew this gorgeous golden bug - which promptly bit me hard in the wallet & flew into it's new home in my collection! :rolleyes:

coins451cr.jpg

Thank you G. O'Coin B.U.G Esq. for the double bite! Your new coin is just as lovely as your first! I will treasure it! :santa:

CF30

Whoa! It seems that I am twice bitten & thus twice blessed! Yesterday in the mail I found a suspiciously addressed mailer. The silly thing kept twitching & jumping about with an oddly familiar buzzing sound eminating from it. I carefully opened the package and out flew this gorgeous golden bug - which promptly bit me hard in the wallet & flew into it's new home in my collection! :rolleyes:

coins451cr.jpg

Thank you G. O'Coin B.U.G Esq. for the double bite! Your new coin is just as lovely as your first! I will treasure it! :santa:

CF30

Good thing you didn't smash it!

AND

CONGRATULATIONS

coins451cr.jpg

CF30

~Sarah ~Congrads!!! Nice to see you have been a lucky recepient on receiving the new Mystery Bug Esquire geocoin. The coin is so beautiful and just as nice as the first. We will be keeping an eye on who else is lucky enough to receive one as well. We love reading these stories and hearing when someone needs a bad day turn into a good day, and things pick up when they least expect it. It amazing how things happen at just the rigth time. Congrads, we are so happy for you!

WOW! I am sincerely surprised and grateful. I've never received a mystery coin before, but today, there was a cheerful little package in my mailbox. Inside was this adorable bug! I have spent most of the day getting ready to leave for Geocoinfest - what a perfect day for this to arrive. I keep looking at it and saying to myself, "Really? That came for me?!"

5d36c32c-59d5-4210-97d6-b92ba941daf1.jpg

I don't know what I did to deserve this act of random kindness. Thank you, whoever you are, for your generousity!

WOW! I am sincerely surprised and grateful. I've never received a mystery coin before, but today, there was a cheerful little package in my mailbox. Inside was this adorable bug! I have spent most of the day getting ready to leave for Geocoinfest - what a perfect day for this to arrive. I keep looking at it and saying to myself, "Really? That came for me?!"

5d36c32c-59d5-4210-97d6-b92ba941daf1.jpg

I don't know what I did to deserve this act of random kindness. Thank you, whoever you are, for your generousity!

CONGRADS Vanelle, Nice to see you were bless finally at getting bit by the bug. He still making his rounds even when the weather is getting cooler. Have a fun time at GCF. Edited by sweetlife

There was a single, small bubble mailer in my mailbox this evening. I'm expecting quite a lot of these things, so I looked at the return address to see which one this might be. Then I had to double-check it, because it was from ME! Except this me had mailed it from somewhere in Utah.

Needless to say, I didn't waste any time ripping the mailer open -- and almost ripped the business card of one G. O'coin B.U.G, Esq.

Yep! I've been bitten by the Geocoin Bug!!!

What do you do when the wife says "This came for you today!" nearly three hours after you get home from work? You open it up of course. That's just what I did and found that I had been bitten with a brushed copper version of the bug. Thanks G. O'Coin B.U.G. Esquire. Thanks for wasting some resourses on me. I love it and will keep it with my most cherished coins.

We are also currently under attack from the chinese lady beetles (they look like orange lady bugs)trying to hibernate around here. Anyone else?

Koolbrez

:D

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Our first mystery coin!!!!!!! YIPPPPPII!

I GOT BIT!!! Seems one of those lil buggers got my addy out of my blood??? Then played a trick on the post office by mailing a package to myself!?! Howed they get so smart?? I think they had enuff blood as i got bit like 100 times over this summer caching. That was not pleasent,,,, but this shure is sweet, and dosent hurt a bit, infact it feels good!!

thank you so much,,this will be mentioned on our profile,and the coin will be held in high regard in our collection!!! ,,HOW FREEKIN COOL IS THIS!!!!

THANK YOU G O'COIN BUG FOR BITTING OUR FAMILY!!!!! MANY SMILES TODAY!!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Our first mystery coin!!!!!!! YIPPPPPII!

I GOT BIT!!! Seems one of those lil buggers got my addy out of my blood??? Then played a trick on the post office by mailing a package to myself!?! Howed they get so smart?? I think they had enuff blood as i got bit like 100 times over this summer caching. That was not pleasent,,,, but this shure is sweet, and dosent hurt a bit, infact it feels good!!

thank you so much,,this will be mentioned on our profile,and the coin will be held in high regard in our collection!!! ,,HOW FREEKIN COOL IS THIS!!!!

Congratulations on your first mystery coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats on a great mystery coin.......... :D

Congratulations DJ.J.Rock! That is such a cool coin :D

Glad to see the G O'coin bug is still around, there is hope yet!

Glad you were bitten. This is what makes caching extra fun.

Thank you,, I keep wondering what I did to deserve this coin??,and keep looking at it like,,,really?! :D

congrats on a great mystery coin.......... :D

Congratulations DJ.J.Rock! That is such a cool coin :D

Glad to see the G O'coin bug is still around, there is hope yet!

Glad you were bitten. This is what makes caching extra fun.

Thank you,, I keep wondering what I did to deserve this coin??,and keep looking at it like,,,really?! :D

just because :D you are you :D

Congrats with your first mysteriecoin and the bug thanks for still flying around :D