What Geocoin do you respect the most?

Eric K

Which particular geocoin artist do you admire most?

The only thing I'm looking for is when a coin is designed by (insert name) you know it's going to be good!

I'm not looking for companies, just individuals whose work you admire the most.

Thanks!

Eric

That's a tough one because styles are so different. I'd have to say for the high-end detail type both Yime and Paula (Cinemaboxers) are way up there. For the cartoon type styles I'd definitely say Jamie (Madhatter) and Rusty have done some great stuff. I wish I could meet more artists to talk to them though. There's always so much more to the story when you get to talk about those projects. :unsure:

#1 Paula "CinemaBoxers" Stands above all IMO.....kinda biased for obvious reasons

#2 Chris Mackey

As far as anyone else I think each design speaks for itself. Some incredible designs have come from some folks that have only that one design and others that have made many have a few select designs that stick out as excellent and a few that are so so IMO.

Some designers literally "design" art and others carefully manipulate existing objects into a final work. It's really hard to say WHO I most respect as I have only briefly met a few of the folks previously mentioned.

In no particular order:

Jamie at Madhatters Neverland

Karma (dorkfish)

Paula (CinemaBoxers)

fox-and-the-hound

Gridlox

This ones listed are about the only ones I know of. I don't really know of any others. It would be easier to pick the coins I like and find out who did the art work.

As for Yime I only have seen one of his coins on the internet so I don't know if I would pick Yime or not sorry.

Jamie, Madhatter's Neverland

Karma "Dorkfish"

Paula, "Cinemaboxers"

Chris Mackey

Allie you have to at least nominate yourself??? Lets not forget Mike Atwell or Tsunrisebey, has Uotrackers been mentioned? Have we covered everyone yet???

I like the work of all artists, if it was not for them we would have no coins. So I concur with everyone that has been listed so far!

Edited by Damenace

Wow, there are so many talented folks among us it's hard to narrow down just a few. As far as people who I respect the most:

Jamie with Mad Hatter's Neverland is very talented, extremely professional and has great business ethics. I absolutely love working with him.

Shop99er - I love all of their designs. They are great upstanding folks who produce great coins.

Fluttershy comes up with some great ideas & is sweet too :)

Chris with Landsharkz is very talented and has always treated me well.

There are alot of really talented folks out there with some great designs. I have many favorite people who when I hear they are coming out with a coin I know that I will want to add it to my collection. Off the top of my head I would have to name Shopp99er & The Loggerheads as my all time favorites :unsure:

Loggerheads used Madhattersneverland for all the turtle designs.

Fluttershy uses artists to make her ideas into art, as do you Dorkfish.

I think some people are getting confused between artists and someone who comes up with an idea for a coin. There is a difference :unsure:

I don't know any of the artists' personally, so the "respect" portion to the question, I can not honestly answer.

Depends on what the definition of an artist entails, do you mean the graphic design person? The person who draws theirs, or the person who developes the concept, or the person who handmakes theirs?

I don't know who designed every coin but there are a few coin designs that I really think are great. Many designs are simply stunning in their intracasy while others are beautiful due to their simplicity, and best of all, handmade is always wonderful. I'm not going to personally contribute to the popularity contest here :unsure::) but instead just say; thank you those of you, no matter what part in the design process you play, for putting thoughtfullness into your craft. You should know who you are :)

tsun :)

I don't know any of the artists' personally, so the "respect" portion to the question, I can not honestly answer.

Depends on what the definition of an artist entails, do you mean the graphic design person? The person who draws theirs, or the person who developes the concept, or the person who handmakes theirs?

I don't know who designed every coin but there are a few coin designs that I really think are great. Many designs are simply stunning in their intracasy while others are beautiful due to their simplicity, and best of all, handmade is always wonderful. I'm not going to personally contribute to the popularity contest here :):unsure: but instead just say; thank you those of you, no matter what part in the design process you play, for putting thoughtfullness into your craft. You should know who you are :)

tsun :)

This I totally agree with. Frankly, after reading this thread I was torn! We (this forum, and I include myself) can't just celebrate that Okay. Reality check here. I was almost going to flame out here. :D

If I vote for Yime where do I get the nifty Yime artwork! :unsure:

I gotta say I personally like my own stuff :) But like many coins from all the other designers mentioned above. Karelkraak also does some nice stuff and landsharkz always sharply designed coins.

I think another thing to add is... I think that often people don't know WHO actually may have done the design on a particular coin. So.. its hard to choose a favorite 'artist' if you dont know who it is who designed a particular coin!

I think Chris voiced it well - I have lots of coins I love, some are totally different styles of work, so having ONE favorite is next to impossible.

(But.. I still will list Chris as my fave.... but hes an all around nice guy too!)

:oHonestly, I really enjoy the work of all the artists previously noted in all the above posts, but as far as respect goes, I'm gonna have to say that TIKI has my vote. It just blows me away that a person can come up with a concept like his, and has the talent and wherewithall to put into motion the whole process of design, Casting, production, Promotion, and sale of such unique pieces of art. Unbelievable, and Outstanding!!! :(

Thanks Henrik & Denise! -57'

84f71ec3-8cfa-4a89-acee-9d54802d05a2.jpg

Yeah I have to agree that soooocool has come up with some amazing coins. People are still amazed when I show them his South Pointing Chariots "Ahhh LOOK that coin is moving!!!!!" hehehe Thankfully he told us all how he managed such a great spin, so I can look intelligent by explaining how it's done :rolleyes: