3Sparks Morpho Butterfly Geocoin

Landsharkz

We've been working with 3Sparks since March to create their dream coin... It's a trackable Morpho Butterfly with a Morpho butterfly icon!!

3sparksF.jpg3sparksB.jpg

Size: 45mm width, 3.5mm thick, 3D and 2D. This is not a stamped brass/copper coin, but it's still got a weighty feel :) - 'nuf said :unsure:

Qty: 400 coins minted on one edition.

Paint: soft enamel on the 3D side and imitation hard enamel on the 2D side. Yup, those are blended colours on the 3D side! :)

We will have a few of these for sale on Landsharkz.ca on or about July 19th or 20th and 3Sparks will also be selling some. Due to the frequency of our visits to the US, we're leaving our US shipping rate at the domestic rate all summer!

We've been working with 3Sparks since March to create their dream coin... It's a trackable Morpho Butterfly with a Morpho butterfly icon!!

3sparksF.jpg3sparksB.jpg

Size: 45mm width, 3.5mm thick, 3D and 2D. This is not a stamped brass/copper coin, but it's still got a weighty feel :) - 'nuf said :unsure:

Qty: 400 coins minted on one edition.

Paint: soft enamel on the 3D side and imitation hard enamel on the 2D side. Yup, those are blended colours on the 3D side! :)

We will have a few of these for sale on Landsharkz.ca on or about July 19th or 20th and 3Sparks will also be selling some. Due to the frequency of our visits to the US, we're leaving our US shipping rate at the domestic rate all summer!

Do you have a bigger picture of the 3D side, would love to see a better picture of the blended colors?

Funny, when Crake asked for suggestions for his next butteryfly, this was the one I suggested! He went with the more popular Tiger Swallowtail. I'll definitely be wanting a couple of these. The different technique sounds intriguing, can't wait to see it in person!

I suggested the Blue Morpho, too, when Crake asked for suggestions! I have loved these since my brother brought one back from Brazil in the 80's. I think this is an incredibly beautiful butterfly. I liked it even more when I saw the movie, The Blue Butterfly! (The movie was very family friendly, staring William Hurt, whom I had no idea could speak French fluently) I had no idea how popular the Blue Morpho was. It's a must have for my collection.

Oh, and thanks for keeping the shipping rate at domestic rates for us! I'll look forward to getting a couple of these. :rolleyes:

the best way to appreciate the blended colours is in your hand B)

Heh, now there's a clever selling technique :rolleyes::lol:

:laughing: Sometimes we post massive images and sometimes we leave you wanting to see more... B) . We'll have a link to the larger-than-life images once we get them on the site.

Very nice - can't wait to see one in my hands. Were you offering to sent these out so that we can see them in person? :o

In a round about way that brings up a thought... if you make a purchase from us from NZ or AU please drop us a line to landsharkz@shaw.ca to ask to have an activated BC 2007 coin or other current coin of ours tucked in your order. We'd like to get more coins travelling in NZ and AU and we'll send them out (one per order) as long as we can afford it :( and while supplies last.

Landsharkz - thanks for such a great job on these coins! They are beyond my expectation! I love them! :o I really enjoyed working with you! ~ Jaime :)

You are very welcome. To trust our crazy idea that we could pull this off was awesome! It's fun when we get to try new things and push the mint once again to 'reach their full potential' :) as Chris likes to say!

I like how they glisten like a butterfly fresh out of its chrysalis waiting for their wings to dry enough to fly away. :)

dflye... what an eloquent way to describe the 3Sparks Morpho! That is very quotable - may I quote you in our gallery please? :)

Aw. I'm having to limit myself because I'm really not supposed to be buying anything. I was hoping they'd stick around because I really wanted one. I was just thinking about going on the site and buying one. I had a wonderful experience in Belize walking through the jungle with my husband, watching these blue morphos flit through the trail for hours. I can't remember how many I counted, 30-50 of them, but just 2 or 3 at a time. It was like being in paradise. :laughing:

Ambrosia, If you still want one, we still have some for sale. Shoot me an email - sparkscaching at hotmail dot com.

Jaime

Hm...that's a possiblity. I had a person offer to trade me for one of theirs, as well. I have very few coins, if any at all, to trade though, since I have a very limited budget (budget? what budget? if you don't tell my husband, i won't either :unsure: ). I try to only buy coins I really like, and no extras. Could you wait for a couple days? I'll tell them the coins I could trade, and if it's a no, I'll buy one of yours. Would that be fine? Wow, I'd be very happy to have one of these. I shouldn't have waited so long.

You guys are so sweet. I've found everyone to be very helpful and selfless. I've already had someone send me a coin that I wanted just as a gift. It blew me away, and brought tears to my eyes. Add to that the stories I hear in these threads about everyone taking care of each other. Thank you so much, guys! Because of all the things going on right now that could drag me down, I collect good things that I see in my life and around me like precious little gems. I appreciate all of that. :blink:

Dang. I don't usually have a problem finding activation codes...where can I get mine for this coin? :)

http://www.landsharkz.ca/coin-activation-codes.php

Thanks! :P

Before I asked the question, I tried going to the landsharz website and I couldn't get it to work, like it was down or something. I was thinking that might be the place to find the activation code, but since it wasn't working for me I came here.