Multi Cache Hints

I'm not sure how to handle this. I'm working on my first multi-cache based on a ghost story at a local eco center. I have their blessing for this project and we're all excited about it. My questions is how do you handle the clues/hints?

Basically the first point will be given, then each point gives coordinates to the next and a letter. The letters unscrambled will open a word lock on the final cache.

As each point has a custom made 'item', they may or may not be easy to find. How do I handle the issue of hints? Do I note a list of hints? As the individual stages are not listed, I'm not sure how to do this. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Much appreciated,

Big Belle

Well...

• You could actually place the hint in each of the previous stages if that would work (fit). ROT13 optional.
  • Place each of the hints in the hints section with an unencrypted [stage 1] designation.
  • Place the hints ROT13ed in the description. Makes it less trivial to decrypt.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

Well...

• You could actually place the hint in each of the previous stages if that would work (fit). ROT13 optional.
  • Place each of the hints in the hints section with an unencrypted [stage 1] designation.
  • Place the hints ROT13ed in the description. Makes it less trivial to decrypt.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it.

Okay, so either at each point or on the listing as you suggested. But I need clarification. What does ROT13 mean? I've never heard the term.

I dislike trying to decrypt lengthy hints on the trail. One of our local hiders has started having the hint inside each stage of a multi written something like this:

Try looking under the FGBAR near the TNGR.

All you would have to decrypt if you choose to use the hint is "FGBAR" (stone) and "TNGR" (gate).

Also, it would be thoughtful if you would include in your cache description the number of parts there are to find, or perhaps an estimate of how long the overall hike is. It's nice to be able to budget your time when you have more than one cache planned for the day!

CoyoteRed ... Thanks for the link to ROT13 info!

briansnat ... this is good example, I'm gonna use it!

whistler & co. ... I've already logged a track log and have included my distance and time excluding 'find' time. I agree this is helpful for people to know.

I'll use the hints section to list each step with a clue, as each stage is a custom made object, I don't want it to be so difficult that they can't enjoy the scenery and ghost story it's based on.

This brings me to another question though ......

Can I use a hint within the stage info? What I mean is I can have the stages show, just without coordinates. Could I place the hints in the note section?