Google Earth and Geocache Network KML

I downloaded the Geocache Network KML for Google Earth and it will not let me view geocaches on Google Earth. It says "You have exceed the allowed number of views for the day". I haven't looked at any geocaches ever on Google Earth.

I downloaded the Geocache Network KML for Google Earth and it will not let me view geocaches on Google Earth. It says "You have exceed the allowed number of views for the day". I haven't looked at any geocaches ever on Google Earth.

The same thing is happening to me recently. I am using the latest version of Google Earth for Macintosh.

It started working for me again just now. It does work with Mac, but I don't know why it just started working again out of the blue.

I suggest unchecking KML while you are scanning an area that you are not particularly interested in. Zoom in to a point of interest before you turn on KML. Turn it off when you're through. I have not been able to find the KML refresh preferences on the Mac. You can manually refresh using control click on KML. If anyone knows where the refresh preferences are I'd be interested....

Edited by RonFisk

I'm experiencing the same problem, also with a Mac. The only way I know to solve it is to delete the KML, download a new one, and load it into Google Earth. I'd rather not have to do this every day, though.

Is the network KML only for Windows?

As for the KML being only for Windows, I don't believe this is the case. A KML file (Keyhole Markup Language) can be used on specific programs, most notably Google Earth and NASA World Wind, to display specific geographic data. The KML itself is OS independent, while the programs that use the KML do depend on the OS.

I'm experiencing the same problem, also with a Mac. The only way I know to solve it is to delete the KML, download a new one, and load it into Google Earth. I'd rather not have to do this every day, though.

Is the network KML only for Windows?

As for the KML being only for Windows, I don't believe this is the case. A KML file (Keyhole Markup Language) can be used on specific programs, most notably Google Earth and NASA World Wind, to display specific geographic data. The KML itself is OS independent, while the programs that use the KML do depend on the OS.

I've had the same problem a few times also. Always with a MAC. One time I put in a new KML and it fixed it but other times even that didn't help.