"My Finds" Pocket Query

showme69

When I run a pocket query on "my finds" the results come up short. The last finds that it contains are from March 2007. I've had about 38 finds since then and they aren't included in the query results. Does anyone know why this would happen? I've always used the same username, etc. Nothing has changed with my account. Thanks.

When I run a pocket query on "my finds" the results come up short. The last finds that it contains are from March 2007. I've had about 38 finds since then and they aren't included in the query results. Does anyone know why this would happen? I've always used the same username, etc. Nothing has changed with my account. Thanks.

Strange newer finds aren't showing up. Here's a couple of things tho.

Archived caches don't come in a PQ you create yourself. You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. :laughing:

Edited to add: you also can't pick locationless caches when you create a PQ yourself (I see you have logged a few of those).

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. :lol:

That's the one I'm using, the button they supply on the query page that you can only run once a week. My old locationless finds show up. The last of my finds that show up are several I found at an event in March. Nothing since then shows up. Since March I've found caches in MO, KS, CO, UT and AZ. None of those are in the query results. If I click on my account page and click to see all my cache finds, they are listed there.

You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. :lol:

That's the one I'm using, the button they supply on the query page that you can only run once a week. My old locationless finds show up. The last of my finds that show up are several I found at an event in March. Nothing since then shows up. Since March I've found caches in MO, KS, CO, UT and AZ. None of those are in the query results. If I click on my account page and click to see all my cache finds, they are listed there.

That is strange. Hope you get it sorted out.

What are you viewing them in? Is it possible there is some kind of filter or sorting problem?

Just trying to rule out the obvious.

I opened it in GSAK in a new database, no filters applied.

Have you logged any caches multiple times as Found?

You attended an event that has since been archived in March, this may have something to do with it. Seems unlikely though.

You could try another program: CacheStats is one I use to provide stats in my profile.

Make sure you have most recent copy of GSAK.

Or get XML Viewer from MindFusion and open GPX file with that to check it out.

Good luck

D'Oh!

I was going to run the query and see if my results came back properly but the entire site is down this morning................... Sigh. This is the only site I pay to access and it's also the only site that consistently has problems.

Ok. The site is back up and I just ran an All Finds pocket query. I stuck the results into GSAK and it shows 1020 finds. I have 1022 but one of the caches is a "traveling cache" and I have three separate finds on it at different locations so the GSAK number reflects that. I sent the PQ info to itsnotaboutthenumbers.com and all 1022 caches are shown there.

The PQ is working properly for me. Hopefully the next time you run it the thing will work properly for you. Unfortunataly, you can't simply re-run it whenever you want to due to the one query per week constraint. Best of luck to you on this but I thought you might like to know that it is working properly for me at this time.

As suggested above, if the next PQ fails to return the proper results you should use the contact@geocaching.com email address to try and discover what the issue might be.

The one I just ran returned the results immediately. I ran the PQ then checked my mail maybe 30 seconds later and the results were there.

If you look at your PQ page it will show you when the query actually ran. The mail should have gone out at that time or very shortly thereafter.

Edited by Thrak

yes, i have recieved them that fast also, then again like now its been over 18 hours since i submitted the query. that sometimes happens. but, i guess there is nothing we can do to resubmit. have to wait another week to run this query.

I don't request that PQ very often because with my dreadfully-slow, dialup connection, it takes forever to arrive. However, I did just request it. It started to arrive almost immeadiatly.

waiting.gif

faint.gif

Okay, according to the site, I have 2650 finds. The "All Finds" PQ only had 2645 caches in it. I have one cache with two "Found it" logs (it had been moved more than a mile and I found it in that new location), but that doesn't account for the other missing caches. :(

Guess I have some sleuthing to do . . . :o

yes, i have recieved them that fast also, then again like now its been over 18 hours since i submitted the query. that sometimes happens. but, i guess there is nothing we can do to resubmit. have to wait another week to run this query.

Prior to this time, when was the last time you ran the 'my finds' PQ?

Archived caches don't come in a PQ you create yourself. You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. :rolleyes:

You know, I think that they should allow archived caches to be selected on PQ's when your selecting "I Have Found" After all you found it and should be able to see it.

Archived caches don't come in a PQ you create yourself. You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. :blink:

You know, I think that they should allow archived caches to be selected on PQ's when your selecting "I Have Found" After all you found it and should be able to see it.

That is exactly what they did when they implemented the "My Finds" PQ. :rolleyes:

If you keep an offline database, and move the caches you find from your default database to a "Found" database, your "Found" caches should be up-to-date enough to only need the "All Finds" PQ once a week.

Archived caches don't come in a PQ you create yourself. You should use the one GC provides. If it is happening on that one then I have no idea. ^_^

That is exactly what they did when they implemented the "My Finds" PQ. :)

If you keep an offline database, and move the caches you find from your default database to a "Found" database, your "Found" caches should be up-to-date enough to only need the "All Finds" PQ once a week.

Does it have the 500 cache limitation? Or, will it give you all that you've found?