Mounting my new GPSMAP 60CSx

I want to mount my new unit in my pickup. I purchased a mount of Ebay that attached to one of the vents in your vehicle. Well, I should have put a little more thought into that before my purchase. Of course the vents can't hold the weight of the unit so that was a bust.

Anyone have any tips or tricks, or maybe a certain vehicle mount that they use and like for the 60CSx unit? I'm willing to fabricate something to work with the vent mount I bought. Just thought I could find out some tips and tricks for a nice setup to mount in my truck.

Thanks!

Matt

I want to mount my new unit in my pickup. I purchased a mount of Ebay that attached to one of the vents in your vehicle. Well, I should have put a little more thought into that before my purchase. Of course the vents can't hold the weight of the unit so that was a bust.

Anyone have any tips or tricks, or maybe a certain vehicle mount that they use and like for the 60CSx unit? I'm willing to fabricate something to work with the vent mount I bought. Just thought I could find out some tips and tricks for a nice setup to mount in my truck.

Thanks!

Matt

I bought a cell phone vent mount that would open wide enought. It hold it secure.

I use a RAM suction cup mount - the aluminum one with the large suction cup. It works GREAT!

Lots of other people use the Garmin beanbag mount with good success. I tend to avoid beanbag mounts as I worry that they'll go flying in a real panic stop.

I have several bean bag mounts (Garmin's model, purchased from offroute.com). The less slope your dashboard, has the better. Even then, it can wander off the dash under bumpy conditions. I have rigged up some wires and clips from the windshield vents to keep mine from wandering into my lap. I prefer not to use permanent mounts because I have several cars and do sometimes need it in a rental car.

I use the suction cup mount designed for the Rino, it has the same button in the back so it fits too. I read that some people had problems with the rubber sticking on the windshield but I have not had this problem. Every once in awhile it drops off, but before I use it I release and remount it and it has never dropped off while in use, only when left mounted for an extended amount of time (2 or 3 weeks).

I bought the mounting kit from Garmin. It came with a semi-permanent and permanent mount. I mounted to the dash using the permanent approach. When the GPS is detached it doesn't take up much surface area. It works great. If I ever need to remove I think I will be able to. It should clean up with a good gunk remover.

Walmart has cell phone holders that will adjust to fit your 60. Its a squeeze but they work. $10CDN. The kit comes with a rubber sticky mount that mounts to your dash. Then the actual GPS mount clicks into this mount. Works great.

I just use an adhesive cell phone swivel mount. $4

Great idea. :lol:

I've had the Garmin suction cup mount for a year now and rarely use it, though I don't use the GPSr for routing very much.

I find it easiest to stand it in a cup holder. Depends on your vehicle though.

Edited by SidAndBob