witch is better garmin or magellan?

The correct answer is "yes" because any GPSr that you have is better than one you don't have.

The correct answer is "no" because all consumer electronics GPSr units have the same level of accuracy (12-15 ft). Even the high-sensitivity units have this same accuracy.

i have a magellan eXplorist 100 and the one thing better about magellan is garmins are 40 feet off and magellans are off only 7-10 feet

let me guess....this is your first gps...the reason i say that is because anyone who has owned gps's in the past is not likely to buy a magellan explorist 100 as their next one...it is a fine gps, but it doesn't have maps or computer connectivity and is somewhat limited in track functionality and so on...no reason to buy it if you already have another that has the same capability.

Edited by GreatCanadian

i have a magellan eXplorist 100 and the one thing better about magellan is garmins are 40 feet off and magellans are off only 7-10 feet

You are not making a lot of sense with your statement/question.

What are you basing your info on? You only seem to have 5 finds. Have you used both types of units?

Are you a student?

i have used a garmin etrex vista and i own a magellan eXplorist 100 and the magellan was more accurite oh and nothing is accurite within 6in. oh OS X is better than windows OS X is virus free and cant be hacked

Edited by puff25

I have a magellan. The first one we had dropped all the waypoints for no reason. Just turned off suddenly and when restarted all were missing. We exchanged it.

The second unit the buttons started to stick after two months. (No we didn't spill anything on it.)

We put up with it for a while. Now the unit is completely non-functional. It constantly initializes and asks for the time to be programmed. As soon as it gets a fix and we switch to the map it beeps for a long time and then restarts.

I have put off calling Magellan because i know what to expect. Now we have an essentially new unit (that doesnt work) and no way to go caching and wont for some time. Way to go Magellan!

Based on direct observation they are equivilent for all practical purposes for locating your position on this earth and getting you to a position where you would like to be. Where they start to differ is on firmware, software, bells and whistles, customer service and the like.

I have both Magellans and Garmins.

All are buggy, and they have limits

The best GPS units:

Electronic Compass - Meridian Platinum

Big Screen - eXplorist XL

Versitility with Memory cards - eXplorists

Autorouting - LINK

Good handheld - GPSMap60Cx

Compact GPS - eTrex Vista Cx or Legend Cx

For autorouting, the Handheld GPS units with 1000 waypoint memories are terrible autorouters, the best ones tend to be limited to 500 waypoints, or the better ones come with a price.

All advanced Firmwares, Softwares, Operating systems, and electronic hardwares, are all buggy.

As technology gets more advanced so do the buggyness of them.

I have gotten less Materialistic lately, due to the limitations of manmade things in this world.

I have had good luck with my sextant and pendulum system. I think it was made by Galileo.

Magellan, whos that?

:-)

I have both Magellans and Garmins.

All are buggy, and they have limits

The best GPS units:

Electronic Compass - Meridian Platinum

Big Screen - eXplorist XL

Versitility with Memory cards - eXplorists

Autorouting - LINK

Good handheld - GPSMap60Cx

Compact GPS - eTrex Vista Cx or Legend Cx

For autorouting, the Handheld GPS units with 1000 waypoint memories are terrible autorouters, the best ones tend to be limited to 500 waypoints, or the better ones come with a price.

All advanced Firmwares, Softwares, Operating systems, and electronic hardwares, are all buggy.

As technology gets more advanced so do the buggyness of them.

I have gotten less Materialistic lately, due to the limitations of manmade things in this world.

i have a magellan explorist 200 and a garmin legend the explorist was of 50 feet to the west and the etrex legend was inches off

PLUS windows is better theirs more and they have been around longer :rolleyes::lol:

ok let's get this stright macintosh has been around longer windows was created in 1985 i think but it might still have been dos then any way apple's computers were made in 1980 i use a compaq running win XP media edition a macintosh G3 running macintosh OS 9.2 the G3 was made in 1998 and it still is better than my XP and i a apple 2 E still running any i use win and mac so i guess you could call me a winintosh user

MINE! :rolleyes:

Mine is the BEST!!!!! :lol:

You MUST have one like MINE!!! B)

If you don't have one like MINE you will be miserable! ;)

You will be looking for caches in a 500' area! :rolleyes:

MINE MINE MINE! :lol:

All the others will only show LPS's on their screen, and MUST use DOS 2.0 to transfer! B)

Get one like MINE and when it say's zero feet, you can drop it and the "clunk" will be it landing on the Ammo Can! B)

Be Happy! :D

Get one like MINE!! :laughing:

Or you'll be soooorrrryyyy!!!!! :laughing:

MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!!!! :laughing: