Mt. Hellinor

Bull Moose

For some reason I've decided to torture myself with a third attempt to find Mt. Ellinor Cache on the 4th of July.

Twice I've been to the top of Mt. Ellinor, and twice I've come back empty handed.

The first time I was driven off by snow and dark after searching for 30 minutes. The second time, I searched for an hour with another cacher before I had to leave before my dog died of heat exhaustion. It truly has been Mt. Hellior for me.

So tilt your ear towards Mt. Ellinor and listen for either a triumphant yell or plenty of cursing coming from the summit. I swear if I don't find that cache this time, they'll be able to hear me in Seattle.

Unbelievable! I may not be attempting this cache tomorrow. I just got a call telling me my new tire didn't come in like it was supposed to - I'm driving around on my full-size spare right now - and now I have to wait until Thursday.

I'm not going up those roads with no spare.

There is some force at work here that doesn't want me finding this cache.

Unbelievable! I may not be attempting this cache tomorrow. I just got a call telling me my new tire didn't come in like it was supposed to - I'm driving around on my full-size spare right now - and now I have to wait until Thursday.

Go to Mount Rose instead, the road is good (even the dirt part) all the way to it and there is a geocache on the top and one half way up and one at the trail head and one right before the trailhead.

Edited by luckykoi

I feel your pain. I happen to have this Jeep that doesn't like mountain roads and will breakdown at the crucial moment before a cache hike. :laughing:

I feel your pain. I happen to have this Jeep that doesn't like mountain roads and will breakdown at the crucial moment before a cache hike. :blink:

That's not completely true, sometimes it gets stolen. :laughing:

I feel your pain. I happen to have this Jeep that doesn't like mountain roads and will breakdown at the crucial moment before a cache hike. :lol:

That's not completely true, sometimes it gets stolen. :lol:

:lol:;):P

Way to go Bull, congrats on getting the Mt. Hellnor Cache. Been over 40 years since I climbed it with the Olympic College Mountaineer Class. In those days we started at Lake Cushman. It was foggy and all I saw all day was the rear end of the person ahead of me. I wore a hard hat as the one's ahead were always kicking rocks down my way. Went through Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago in the north part and picked up a few caches. CU at the GeoLuau. Dick

Well, third time was the charm. It was a great day up there. Goats, snow to slide down, and finally snagging this geocache.

I'll get the log up later with pictures.

So are you gonna call it Mount Ellinor now? How much snow is left up there? It's right in my backyard but I'm waiting until ALL the snow is gone. I had a bad time up there last spring.

So are you gonna call it Mount Ellinor now? How much snow is left up there? It's right in my backyard but I'm waiting until ALL the snow is gone. I had a bad time up there last spring.

Yesterday was so much fun I might have to call it Mt. Heaven-anor. :unsure:

Well, maybe I'll just go back to calling it Mt. Ellinor.

There was a lot of snow left. I just put up my log and the pictures should give you a good idea. It won't be gone for at least a couple weeks, even with the hot temperatures we're supposed to be getting next week. The snow made for a good trip down, though. :)

Yesterday was so much fun I might have to call it Mt. Heaven-anor. :unsure:

Well, maybe I'll just go back to calling it Mt. Ellinor.

There was a lot of snow left. I just put up my log and the pictures should give you a good idea. It won't be gone for at least a couple weeks, even with the hot temperatures we're supposed to be getting next week. The snow made for a good trip down, though. :)

Glisading is a blast, thats exactly what we did on Rainier last weekend. Such a fun and easy way to loose elevation quickly.

Glisading is a blast, thats exactly what we did on Rainier last weekend. Such a fun and easy way to loose elevation quickly.

It was a little different yesterday, though, since my ice axe was safely at home in my garage. It was more of a free-style glissading.

Awesome log and pictures! Congrats!