Running a CITO event.

Last week we had our first event, a Meet'n'Greet. GC13F10.

The primary local group plans to run a Cobey Park CITO in the Fall. No budget.

We're thinking pot-luck picnic. Trying to put out a few new caches in the area for it.

I'm thinking some prizes like:

-largest piece of trash -most unusual item - fullest cito bag

(don't know what prizes could be yet)

any important things, ideas??

Thanks for considering a CITO Event!

I'm moving your thread out of the Geocaching Topics forum and into the CITO forum. Now, sure, it's not as busy or well-read as the general forum. But the moderators there are the friendliest folks you'd ever want to meet. I bet that one or both of them will post some helpful tips for an event organizer in Keystone's territory.

I'll start. Tour the park -- preferably with a ranger or maintenance employee -- prior to the evernt. Mark the worst trash spots with your GPS. Then, when people arrive for your event, assign them evenly to the targeted areas. Hide your new caches a short distance away from each of these areas.

I knew you'd move it, but for a while the topic still shows.

-What we're considering is archiving the 3 existing Cobey A, B and C caches because there's no room for more, then putting up new ones. We can probably get some more out in the area, too.

TeamHarrison of Tallahassee FL put together a nice CITO event handbook. To look at it, start here and then follow the link to the handbook.

I will be looking at the provided handbook on CITO Events this evening. Thanks for the link. If there is concern of a larger area, we could relocate to the Galion resevoir. This area also has trash issues. Although it is better maintained by the city. I just liked the idea for Cobey due to cachers/finder logs of the Cobey caches and have been there myself.

I will be looking at the provided handbook on CITO Events this evening. Thanks for the link. If there is concern of a larger area, we could relocate to the Galion resevoir. This area also has trash issues. Although it is better maintained by the city. I just liked the idea for Cobey due to cachers/finder logs of the Cobey caches and have been there myself.

Tadpole? really?

To the approvers: Peacetrain was the one who suggested the cito. :D