Cachemate/GSAK question

I am an idiot, well my wife says it so it must be true. I have a Z22 palm that I just purchased. I have finally figured out how to load cachemate into the palm. Now I have several questions. How do I register cachemate, I cant find it on the website. Second, how can I send cache pages from GSAK to the palm. Third, am I really an idiot?

thanks for the help

Vegas Gamblers

At the bottom of tis page Smittyware / Cachemate there is a link to the Purchasing page.

To export caches from GSAK to Cachemate do the following:

- Click on File > Export

- Select Cachemate PDB File

- In the CacheMate Options enter

- %Code in the Cachemate Waypoint field

- %Name in the Cachemate Name field

- Check the Install to palm afterconversion

- Click on Save and enter a name. Any name that you like. Then click on OK

- Next click on Generate

GSAK will generate the Cachemate file and then start Palm Quick Install. Once the Palm Quick Install is open you can hotsync the Palm. After the hotsync is complete open Cachemate. You should now be able to import the file into Cachemate.

I get to the palm quick install and when I click on the Add button another window opens that says this folder is empty. and it wont let me add anything. Also I have already bought cachmate and when I go into it on the Palm it says unregistered version. I have the registration code, I just don't know where to enter it.

Thanks

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

When you Export from GSAK, check the path it is using when you create the .pdb file. It should go into the Palm/YourUserName/QuickInstall folder. If you check the box for GSAK to "Install to Palm after conversion" it should find the location and put the file in the correct place. I don't have GSAK do that for me. I open the Quick Install and select the file so I can make sure it goes on the memory card on my Palm, instead of into the handheld's memory.

Here is a rudimentary GSAK tutorial that might help a bit. :)

If you have problems using stephen2's directions for Registering Cachemate, you might have to download the little program from the Smittyware site called RegAid.

Third, am I really an idiot?

No you're not an idiot. I had been using a PocketPC with GPXSonar but it stopped working and rather than spending $300 to replace it I bough a Palm Z22 and download Cachemate. I consider myself technically savy, but I found the documentation of the Palm and on Cachemate somewhat lacking. I was able to get my questions answered by doing a Google search which led me in most instances to this forum and to a few well written tutorials that are posted on various regional geocaching sites.