Cache log character limit?

New England n00b

What is the character limit for 'Found It' logs?

If I exceed that limit, what order do I post follow-up notes? In other words, if I have two 'pages' worth of text, do i post 'page' one first, or 'page' two, so that the entire thing is read top to bottom (as opposed to the top half being underneath).

In other words, is the order determined by order of entry, or by log type (Found vs. Note)?

Thanks in advance!

The limit is 2000 words if I am not mistaken. I would post a found it log with the last section of the text and then a note with the first section of text. Logs are not sorted by type but by the order that they are posted. What cache have you found that you have so much to say about?

The limit is 2000 words if I am not mistaken. I would post a found it log with the last section of the text and then a note with the first section of text. Logs are not sorted by type but by the order that they are posted. What cache have you found that you have so much to say about?

I found that the limit is 4000, and (by experiment) that the first log posted is the last displayed.

As for the cache itself, I just saw some interesting natural features and got out of hand with it. :D

EDIT: Thanks for the help, though. I found out a better way to use advanced searches ( a + sign in front of each search term requires the search to find that term. +cache +log +character +limit worked, if I remember my keywords right).

Edited by New England n00b

Limit is 4000 CHARACTERS, NOT words.

I pass this quite often.

Matter of fact, just a couple days ago I had to post two logs, because the count on my finished log was 6452 characters.

I post the first section first, then the second section 2nd. That way they get sent out in the correct order for people to read as email notifications (for the owner, and people watching the cache.)

Then I go right back in, copy the 1st log to clipboard, delete the log, and repost it. That way, it switchs them on the cache page, since most people read logs newest to oldest.

Post only one section as a find, one as a note.

Yeah...I know, I have WAY too much time on my hands to be thinking so hard about this...LOL