Etrex Legend PC Cable Question

My husband and I are fairly new to Geocaching, and he has a Garmin GPSMap 60cs. Today I purchased on Ebay a Etrex Legend (for our son and myself to hold on treks since my husband won't let go of his).

My question is: I was just reading that the Legend has a serial port connector. Will I be able to use the pc cable (USB) that my husband has for his 60cs to transfer data to the Legend????

Thank you for your help!!

Stacey

If the Legend only has a serial port then you might (sometimes it takes some tweaking) be able to by a usb to serial converter cable to use on a computer that only has usb ports, most newer computers don't have serial ports any longer.

The cable is not expensive, around $10-$15 most places.

Tim

The cable for the 60cs is a usb cable. The etrex legend uses a garmin plug at the gps end and a serial plug at the computer end. So, the short answer is no, the 60cs cable cannot be used.

Perhaps the seller is including a cable? When new, the legend came with a cable. Otherwise they are available readily on ebay. Search for etrex serial cable.

What the other posts are referring to is if your computer does not have a serial port, ie most modern laptops and some desktops, you can purchase a serial to usb converter, also available readily from ebay( among other places).

Kev