Who made the very first one?

Hockeyhick

God. Of course.

But then the sixth day rolled around, and he got bored. He changed his mind on a bunch of things. He took the wings off of horses, made rocks non-bouncy and colored the sky blue because pink was way too feminine. Mrs. God is still peeved about that one.

Anyhoo, he rearranged the molecules of the first geocoin into what we now know as lemons. Believe me, I've researched it.

So next time you drink lemonade, thank God he changed his mind, or it would probably taste all metallic or something.

God. Of course.

But then the sixth day rolled around, and he got bored. He changed his mind on a bunch of things. He took the wings off of horses, made rocks non-bouncy and colored the sky blue because pink was way too feminine. Mrs. God is still peeved about that one.

Anyhoo, he rearranged the molecules of the first geocoin into what we now know as lemons. Believe me, I've researched it.

So next time you drink lemonade, thank God he changed his mind, or it would probably taste all metallic or something.

:D:D:D AMEN! :D:D:D

Who made the first geocoin?

Just wondering...

The first trackable geocoin was the Moun10bike version 1. I do believe there was a non-tracking one that predated Jon's.

I know GreatDane had his GD mystery coins in caches at least 4-5 years ago. I don't know exactly how that compares to Moun10bikes though. I believe there have been Canadian geocoins around at least that long also, just not trackable.

I've read that geocoins are an outgrowth of the 'challenge coins' used in the military for years. Units had coins made up with their insignia; if a unit member din't have their coin on them when challenged by a fellow member, they had to buy a round of drinks.

I know GreatDane had his GD mystery coins in caches at least 4-5 years ago. I don't know exactly how that compares to Moun10bikes though. I believe there have been Canadian geocoins around at least that long also, just not trackable.

My research has put the GreatDane coins at around 2002 (though I couldn't nail it down for certain). They're probably the oldest personal coin I've found in Canada (anyone wanna trade me one? :laughing:). The original Canadian geocoins have been around since 2002.

The first Trackable Items travel bugs

Owner: Jeremy

Released: Thursday, August 30, 2001

Origin: Washington, United States

Use TB1 to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: Unknown Location

Current GOAL: Tell a short story about committing the terrible sin of envy. Nothing incredibly evil. An example may be to envy that Ben & Jerry's pint the person at lunch was digging into.

About this item: While travelling north through New Mexico I encountered a vortex where 7 deadly ducks emerged from the gates of hell (not Hell, the flaming sort, but the lowercase hell where all the mischevious critters live).

It is said that the First TB became this O.C.B. Travel Bug.

I am not sure of this fact!!

THE ORIGINAL CAN OF BEANS

It appears the last place it was is here:

The Rookie GC245

By bigkid

Jon Chen,

CEO of PlayTime Inc., the Official Geocaching Corporate Team Building and Event Provider! PlayTime Inc.

So the story thickens on this one.

TB 2 OPERATION FLASHPOINT

Owned by Jeremy

TB 3 Not Activated

TB 7 Travel Bug Dog Tag

Owner: ImageMaster

Recently Spotted: In the hands of the owner.

Current GOAL: There is currently no goal for this item.

TB 8 Not Activated

TB 9 Miccosukee

Owner: Seamus

Released: Sunday, March 10, 2002

Origin: Maryland, United States

Recently Spotted: In White Pine 9/17/2005

TB 10 Younger Brother

Owner: Garmen (& Women) Group

Released: Tuesday, September 25, 2001

Origin: Virginia, United States

Use TBA to reference this item.

Current GOAL: Travel the world until August 2003 and then reunite with "Older Brother" to exchange experiences.

TB11 Not Activated

TB 12 Wally Warhead

Owner: BugFamily

Released: Thursday, August 29, 2002

Use TBC to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In Cache of the Red Jeep. 2/17/2007 Geo_Steve discovered it

Current GOAL: Wally Warhead the World Wonderer (WWWW) wants to see the world! His passion is Europe, but he wants to visit all of the world he can. He'd also like to see more of the US, especially Texas. Thanks for helping Wally!

TB 13 14 15 16 Not Activated

TB 17 Just Trollin' Along

Owner: DragonMaster & LadyFaire

Released: Saturday, May 24, 2003

Use TB11 to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In Tägerwiler Teedose

Current GOAL: This little guy is in search of all his relatives all over the world. Please help him on his way and make sure he looks under all the rocks, bridges and other places trolls like to hide.

1/13/2007 schwan posted a note for it [visit log]

Der TB ist nicht mehr in der "Tägerwiler Teedose" wo ist der TB???

TB 18 Travel Bug Dog Tag

Owner: The Cherokee Three

Use TB12 to reference this item.

TB 19 Hagrid

Owner: artplyn

Released: Sunday, October 21, 2001

Use TB13 to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In The Jamie McMurray Cache

Current GOAL: To traverse the mountainous regions of the U.S. (and someday, the world).

10/13/2005 ShowStop posted a note for it [visit log]

Hi...your TB is missing since the cache it was in got muggled. Sorry

TB 20 21 Not Activated

TB 22 Travel Bug Dog Tag

Owner: The Cherokee Three

Use TB16 to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In the hands of the owner.

TB 23 Deadly Duck: Lust

Owner: Jeremy

Released: Thursday, August 30, 2001

Use TB17 to reference this item.

Current GOAL: Tell a short story about committing the terrible sin of lust. Nothing incredibly evil though! And nothing too steamy either.

About this item: While travelling north through New Mexico I encountered a vortex where 7 deadly ducks emerged from the gates of hell (not Hell, the flaming sort, but the lowercase hell where all the mischevious critters live).

TB 24 Kermit the Frog

Owner: CAche MARU

Released: Wednesday, September 05, 2001

Use TB18 to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In the hands of shadowrider

Current GOAL: Return to Seattle to begin another adventure

About this item:I must stay clear of Miss Piggy. I hear that she has a twin and they are both looking for me. Fozzy is looking for me too. He tells some good jokes so I don't mind meeting up with him.

Tigger owned by bigkid

Use TB19 to reference this item.

That is a list of the first 24 or 25 Trackable Items.

To go into the whole story would take all day.

FIRST GEOCOIN

Moun10Bike Geocoin #002

Owner: Moun10Bike

Released: Thursday, September 20, 2001

Use TB1D to reference this item.

Recently Spotted: In Bellingham Cache Machine

Current GOAL: Like a mountain bike, a Moun10Bike Geocoin yearns to roll to new, exciting destinations. Feel free to place it in a geocache, or pass it on to a friend and see where it goes!

About this item:

This is the first geocoin ever put into circulation!

This coin may be kept, traded, sent traveling, gifted or otherwise enjoyed by the holder. I do, however, retain the right to delete virtual logs or other bogus logs. Also, no sales of this geocoin are allowed.

Moun10Bike Geocoin #004,#003,#005,#006,#010,#009,#008, #007

TB1E,TB1F,TB20,TB21,TB22,TB23,TB24,TB25,

I gave a talk on the first trackables,well partial talk did not get to go through my whole Power Point Presentation of them.

Next time though.

And correct me where it is wrong.