CIN 2007 - 18th November

I've been asked by a couple of people recently if there will be a CIN 2007 Event. Well I have my air tickets booked and and I can confirm that the Third Annual CIN and Mark the Cat Memorial geocaching event will be held on Sunday 18th November. I'm hoping to keep the same venue as previous years as it seems to suit most people.

It's a little early to post an event cache on the website, but get the date in your diaries.

Lots of prizes and giant pink bunnies to be won as usual, and there WILL be a travel bug race this year. Last year's paid entries will be carried over.

see you all there.

alex.

I've been asked by a couple of people recently if there will be a CIN 2007 Event.

alex.

Not wishing to be ignorant but for those of us with short term memory loss and those who are new, it would be a good idea to let us know what CIN is and when and where it's going to take place.

I've been asked by a couple of people recently if there will be a CIN 2007 Event.

alex.

Not wishing to be ignorant but for those of us with short term memory loss and those who are new, it would be a good idea to let us know what CIN is and when and where it's going to take place.

Pheeeew!! I'm glad someone else asked that question first. I didn't know what CIN is either. :unsure:

alex.

Pheeeew!! I'm glad someone else asked that question first. I didn't know what CIN is either. :unsure:

Think you'll find it's "Children in Need"

Here is a link to last year's event page.

Primarily it a memorial event to Mark "The Cat" and is held on Children in Need weekend as that was a cause that was close his heart.

It is NOT a Charity fund-raising event in any way shape or form although attendees in the past have been seen to pop a few coppers into a collection jar but that is (almost) entirely voluntary.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. say no more.....

alex.

I thought it was a "Caching Is Nice" event. :D

Great news. Thanks to the generosity of Groundspeak the first 25 entrants in the CIN 2007 Travel Bug race will get a free tag. They will only have to pay the £5.00 entrance fee. Email me a jpg of the cat of your choice and a pledge to donate the entry fee and I'll reserve a bug for you.

As always, 100% of the proceeds will find their way to the un-named benefactor of this event.

Alex.

Everything is looking good and it looks like there is going to be a bumper turnout.

I just dropped a couple of 2007 Groundspeak Lackey Geocoins into the event page. This coin has only just been released and there looks to be only three out in the wild and two of those will be at the event.

The only way to get one of there coins is to visit Geocaching Headquarters in Seattle, which I did last month. If you want to log it, ask mongoose39uk or myself on the day.

also donations of raffle prizes would be appreciated. NO GIANT RABBITS :lol:

I just dropped a couple of 2007 Groundspeak Lackey Geocoins into the event page. This coin has only just been released and there looks to be only three out in the wild and two of those will be at the event.

The only way to get one of there coins is to visit Geocaching Headquarters in Seattle, which I did last month. If you want to log it, ask mongoose39uk or myself on the day.

...unless of course you count the ones given out to cachers at the It's Payback Time Folks! event in September in London, thirty or forty given out there by Jeremy and Samsie. Many Brit cachers got the joy of owning one! :lol:

...unless of course you count the ones given out to cachers at the It's Payback Time Folks! event in September in London, thirty or forty given out there by Jeremy and Samsie. Many Brit cachers got the joy of owning one! :)

.........................and I had to leave earlyish to get a train back to leafy Ascot :lol::):)