watchlist emails prob?

Can anyone throw any light on this? About a month ago, a cacher logged a DNF on one of my caches, and they were quite sure they were looking in the right spot, and the cache was missing. The trouble is, I didn't get a mail of this log, so didn't find it until today, when just pottering around the local cache listings (it's raining!) I thought how long it had been since this cache had been found, and looked at the logs out of curiosity.

So, what I'm asking is, are all logs emailed to the cache owner as I thought, and this one was lost in the system, or should I be keeping a closer eye on my owned caches?

All logs are emailed to the cache owner.

If you get a lot of emails it's possible that you missed this one or accidentally deleted it.

Depending on your ISP it may never have been delivered in the first place.

Try out a test by logging a note on the cache page and see if it sends you a notification.

Have you a watchlist for any other caches? If so have the emails been coming through for those?

Edited by dino-irl

The log could have been made by WAP. As I understand it these logs aren't notified to the cache owner.

I went through a period a couple of months ago of getting no cache logs but all the other Groundspeak emails- it turned out to be a hotmail problem. Funnily enough, I'm currently short of two log emails on my caches from yesterday.

thanks for the help, I did check my googlemail trash (which is kept for 1 month) and it wasn't me deleting it. I was and am getting other logs from my other caches, including a found it log from the same cacher on another cache 3 days earlier. As I presume that they were probably logging using the same method, I think it's probably a fault either with Groundspeak or googlemail. I will keep a closer eye on my caches from now on, I just hope the cache hasn't gone missing, especially as it had a TB in it. I will get there asap to check it's fate

In case anyone was on tenterhooks, the cache was missing. I shall definatly be checking my caches more often from now on, maybe if I had got there sooner, I could have found some trace of the cache or TB. I guess that if anything was left behind by whatever b*%^@#d muggled it, it has long since been blown /washed /thrown away.

In case anyone was on tenterhooks, the cache was missing. I shall definatly be checking my caches more often from now on, maybe if I had got there sooner, I could have found some trace of the cache or TB. I guess that if anything was left behind by whatever b*%^@#d muggled it, it has long since been blown /washed /thrown away.

Sorry to hear that jennie! Two of mine went missing recently as well. I am wondering if someone has obtained an ID on gc.com to find out where the caches are,and is going around removing random ones? Or is it just coincidence and me being paranoid?

Don't answer that :D