Natchez Trace Parkway

bhill77

Welcome to the Forums! :laughing:

Not all National Parks are off-limits, and no National Forests are off limits, to my knowledge. Those are our public lands and if timber companies can cut down the trees, I would hope we could put out our Tupperware containers. :laughing:

Check with other local cachers, and visit your Regional Forum, to see if the areas where you would like to put a cache require any sort of Permit. Some parks do.

Welcome to the Forums! :laughing:

Not all National Parks are off-limits, and no National Forests are off limits, to my knowledge. Those are our public lands and if timber companies can cut down the trees, I would hope we could put out our Tupperware containers. :laughing:

Check with other local cachers, and visit your Regional Forum, to see if the areas where you would like to put a cache require any sort of Permit. Some parks do.

Thanks for the reply. I will check it out.

Except that the Natchez Trace is a National Park, not a State Park. National Parks as a rule aren't very fond of us. The best thing to do would be to go to the Park Office just north of Tupelo and ask the Ranger there about it.

And before someone asks what does a Texan know about it? Well, 2 things. Lived in Tupelo 12 years and Google.

Yes, the Natchez Trace Parkway is indeed a National Park and is officially off-limits. That being said, there are a few along the trace within park bounds and many more just outside park bounds.

This is correct. Officially, they are not allowed there unless you get permission. In some areas, they will allow them.