unavailbel cache or as a tb?

TruckerGeorge

have heard of doing this both ways. putting your coins into an unpublished cache to keep your list nice and clean. have also seen them in a book that is a travel bug. you log the bug and then discover the coins inside.

what is the best way to do this. have heard pros and cons each way.

thanks

TG

I made a cache, didn't have it published, and made it inactive (so it wouldn't show up on reviewers' proximity checks - as you have to list coords). It is still easy to access and drop in my coins... it also confirms that the icon is working. This also lets you use your TB # as a TB. First one is free, second costs a couple bucks for the TB#. Advantage for the TB# is that others can view it. ...6= 1/2 doz. in my mind. Do whichever floats your boat and is easier for you.

Edited by derschlings

have heard of doing this both ways. putting your coins into an unpublished cache to keep your list nice and clean. have also seen them in a book that is a travel bug. you log the bug and then discover the coins inside.

what is the best way to do this. have heard pros and cons each way.

thanks

TG

How does the tb book thing work?

I keep 'em in an unpublished cache. Easy to drop in and easy to pull out if I want to set them free. No fuss, no muss if I want to make them available to be discovered. Don't know about the book TB thingy, how does that work?

I saw some one that had thier coins in a note book,. they used the baseball card holders and had the coins placed in a thin layer of foam. am sure there is a thread about how to do that. they had it as a travel bug. you could log the tb as well as discover the coins. thought it was a novel idea. but wasnt sure how it would work to put the coins in it. my guess would be much like an event cache. but only doing it as a tb. I like the unpublished cache idea. was just wondering how many people have done it.

thanks.

TG

You can list your binder as a TB but it doesn't do anything to "automatically" allow people to discover your coins. Others will still need to discover each coin individually. Posting the coin #'s on the TB page is a no-no and will get your coins locked by Groundspeak.

The main reason that people drop their coins into an unpublished cache is so they don't appear in their inventory while logging caches and dropping other TBs/coins.

I hate seeing them show up in archived caches so I would suggest making another user name such as TruckerGeorge Geobank or something and having that name grab them all if you are going to keep them. If you look at the state latest moved tb and geocoins then you will often see them moved to archived caches and it gets irritating that you want to go find it and it's really not there.

All the geocoins I activate are going into real caches so I don't have to worry about this.

There was a recent thread that listed quite a few ideas, photos and dicussions on just this topic. Did you search the threads before posting? It is worthwhile doing this. :laughing:

I did a seach, but wasnt sure what to search for. if you have the links I would be grateful.

thanks

TG

Hi TG,

See these threads:

Question for Collectors

Logging collections into events

My New Geocoin Case

Geocoin Collection Storage

Maybe one/some of theses should be pinned?

Cheers,

Craig

There was a recent thread that listed quite a few ideas, photos and dicussions on just this topic. Did you search the threads before posting? It is worthwhile doing this. :laughing:

I did a seach, but wasnt sure what to search for. if you have the links I would be grateful.

thanks

TG

Hi TG,

See these threads:

Question for Collectors

Logging collections into events

My New Geocoin Case

Geocoin Collection Storage

Maybe one/some of theses should be pinned?

Cheers,

Craig

thanks that really helped out. will be checking more into this, I would really like to share the coins I have (to be discovered that is ). but really wasnt sure which way to go with it.

I agree some of those threads should be pinned to help others out.

TG