Lucky 7s Event Geocoins

oakcoins

Dang those look better in the photo than the die art! Can't wait to get hold of em! :(

Is there anyone to get a 777 coin without attending the event? Unfortunately I have been forced to play in a golf tournament that day and Avroair refuses to move the event to PA.

I was going to move it to PA but couldn't get DNCR approval :(

We should have some coins left over and will make an announcement in this thread.

Dang those look better in the photo than the die art! Can't wait to get hold of em! ;)

I KNEW the glitter was gonna make these pop!! :D

I didn't think I was gonna be able to make the Georgia event, BUT... Just maybe!! ;)

We are leaving Tuesaday to spend the rest of the week at Tybee Island for the 4th holiday.

Checking out Friday morning and spending the day touring Savannah then driving up to Macon to spend the night.On Saturday the wife wants to check out some Gone With The Wind museum she has been itching to see for quite some time now in Jonesboro, before heading home.

I just may convince the family to head back South a bit for a big juicy burger and some coin chatting before heading back to Rome!! :D

Hope to see you guys there!!

D-man B)

Dang those look better in the photo than the die art! Can't wait to get hold of em! ;)

I KNEW the glitter was gonna make these pop!! :D

I didn't think I was gonna be able to make the Georgia event, BUT... Just maybe!! ;)

We are leaving Tuesaday to spend the rest of the week at Tybee Island for the 4th holiday.

Checking out Friday morning and spending the day touring Savannah then driving up to Macon to spend the night.On Saturday the wife wants to check out some Gone With The Wind museum she has been itching to see for quite some time now in Jonesboro, before heading home.

I just may convince the family to head back South a bit for a big juicy burger and some coin chatting before heading back to Rome!! :D

D-man B)

GONE WITH THE WIND MUSEUM??? oh man, i gotta go to that!!

Well, add me to the list of those interested in either buying or trading for one of these nice coins. Looks like one of them is made in copper. My first choice - if there is any left, that is - would be for a copper one but, really, all are just gorgeous! Sooooooooo, someone, please, keep me in mind! ;)

CF30

Dang those look better in the photo than the die art! Can't wait to get hold of em! B)

I KNEW the glitter was gonna make these pop!! :sad:

I didn't think I was gonna be able to make the Georgia event, BUT... Just maybe!! :D

I just may convince the family to head back South a bit for a big juicy burger and some coin chatting before heading back to Rome!! ;)

D-man :D

You'll be too close not to come. Besides Fudruckers is a dying breed in Georgia. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your first event attended outside of Rome, GA ;)

It will be a lot of fun :sad:

Edited by AtlantaGal

You'll be too close not to come. Besides Fudruckers is a dying breed in Georgia. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your first event attended outside of Rome, GA :sad:

:sad: Psbsbsbsbsb!!!

I have you to know I've been to "2" whole GGA events outside of Rome, a Ga-Tn-Al event near Chattanooga, and one Coosa Valley event that we had in Alabama!!

So there!! ;)

:D:sad::D

What's gonna be fun is that we are having a event here in town that same evening.

I'm gonna try to make it back home and make an appearance near the end of that event as well!

2 events in one day!! In both the Northern & Southern part of Georgia!! Whew!! ;)

OK OK, I mean "Middle Georgia" if you want to get technical.

(Anything below Atlanta is South Georgia in my book!! :sad:B) )

D-man :sad:

You'll be too close not to come. Besides Fudruckers is a dying breed in Georgia. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your first event attended outside of Rome, GA :sad:

:D Psbsbsbsbsb!!!

I have you to know I've been to "2" whole GGA events outside of Rome, a Ga-Tn-Al event near Chattanooga, and one Coosa Valley event that we had in Alabama!!

So there!! :sad:

;):D:sad:

What's gonna be fun is that we are having a event here in town that same evening.

I'm gonna try to make it back home and make an appearance near the end of that event as well!

2 events in one day!! In both the Northern & Southern part of Georgia!! Whew!! ;)

OK OK, I mean "Middle Georgia" if you want to get technical.

(Anything below Atlanta is South Georgia in my book!! B):sad: )

D-man :sad:

Well you have to make it! I will be there! I will have extra gifts for your daughter at the event so you have to come pick them up. :sad:

Or since you will be stopping in Macon we can maybe visit before the event. :sad:

Yay, Gridlox made it just as things were winding down, but at least he made it :D

FYI: Georgia Lucky 7s coins (nickel) were officially sold out at the event.

Bamadaisy just sent me an email saying she picked me up one at the event! I'm glad she did, since they sold out.

I love these coins (and 7 is my fav. number too).

Wow the coins are beautiful!

I have a very few of the GA event ones to trade. :lol:

We had a great time at our event we had a really big turnout over 50 people and we love to eat at that restaurant we were at, they closed the one by our house.

Thanks Avroair and neilsenc for getting the events together. :D

We had a heck of a turn out at the California Lucky 7's event (about 120, by my rough head count), and the coins sold out in like 15 minutes. I'm now wishing I had ordered more. I still might. Are any of the other event organizers interested in doing another minting? 75 to 100 each? I know there is still a strong interest here for the Calif event coins.

--Marky

Are any of the other event organizers interested in doing another minting? 75 to 100 each?

--Marky

No. I was thrilled we sold out. I don't want to make any more of ours. After the leftovers you all had from the Kiss Me I'm Irish, I was just happy not to have any leftover. And everyone who attended was able to purchase coins at ours. Your turnout was larger than any of the other events.

Are any of the other event organizers interested in doing another minting? 75 to 100 each?

--Marky

No. I was thrilled we sold out. I don't want to make any more of ours. After the leftovers you all had from the Kiss Me I'm Irish, I was just happy not to have any leftover. And everyone who attended was able to purchase coins at ours. Your turnout was larger than any of the other events.

Yeah, I had a lot of the KMII left over too, which is why I only minted 100 for this event. Since I only posted the event two weeks before, I wasn't expecting a huge turn out. I felt bad that a bunch of people didn't get to buy any. Since probably no other event will want to mint more, it would most likely be too expensive for me to mint just 50 or 75 even though the die is already paid for. They are really nice looking coins.

--Marky

We had a heck of a turn out at the California Lucky 7's event (about 120, by my rough head count), and the coins sold out in like 15 minutes. I'm now wishing I had ordered more. I still might. Are any of the other event organizers interested in doing another minting? 75 to 100 each? I know there is still a strong interest here for the Calif event coins.

--Marky

Well at $5.60 for a nifty coin! :D We had officially 65 people and were left with about 20 coins. I believe these have all sold out now too. I was able to get a few extras that I will be bringing to MWGB. :D

Yay, Gridlox made it just as things were winding down, but at least he made it <_<

Glad to see a few folks still hanging around when we got there!! :D

We left Tybee Island around 2:30 that afternoon and just squeezed in at the last minute!!

I broke just about every speed limit between there and the meeting to try and make it before everyone left. :laughing:

I thought I was going fast to get there!! :laughing:

After we left the meeting Mrs. Grid slaughtered any speed I had drove earlier by tons!! :laughing:

When we left we were too close to Atlanta Motor Speedway to not drop by and check out Georgia's home of my first love, NASCAR!!

When we pulled in we could hear some cars running inside. We drove around until we found someone at one of the gates going to the under track tunnels. Since there wasn't any races going on, I asked if there was somewhere we could go to see the cars running on the track. The guy at the gate handed me a clipboard and told me to sign a release and we could drive on in through the tunnels and check out what was going on inside!! :D:D

When we got inside they were hosting the Richard Petty Driving Experience

We got to check out the cars up close in the pits as they were practicing entering and leaving pit road.

We noticed that a few people were getting into the passenger side of a couple of cars and getting to go around the track for a couple of laps.

I asked Mrs. Grid if she wanted to go for a ride and she jumped up and down like a kid when she realized I was serious!! :P

Here she is all suited up and waiting her turn!!

AMS_1.jpg

Coming out of Turn 4 at full speed!! 165 Miles Per Hour!!

AMS_2.jpg

She was shaking so bad from the excitement that she had to be helped to get out of the car!! <_<

AMS_3.jpg

An hour later and she was still grinning from ear to ear!! :D:D

AMS_4.jpg

Bet you guys that met her didn't think she was the daredevil type did ya!! :P

But hey! I did grab the AMS_EMC cache that was there before we got back on the road to come home!! :D:P

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

--Marky

PM Sent