My first cache i found

Cinder2007

What kind of address? Does it have a travel bug tag attached to it? If it has a tag, you will need to log it out. Recently I found a cache with a travel bug that was a key. The key was used to open a cache in the area.

Official sponsor of the Podcacher.com 2007 geocaching tour

What kind of address? Does it have a travel bug tag attached to it? If it has a tag, you will need to log it out. Recently I found a cache with a travel bug that was a key. The key was used to open a cache in the area.

Just a regular address. Like 1234 21st street. No tag though

Just a regular address. Like 1234 21st street. No tag though

How close are you to the address? If it's a distant location maybe you could just move it to a cache closer to that location.

The owner of the house may have misplaced his key and left it in the cache by mistake. He/she is looking all over the place and in the car for the misplaced key. My logical deduction of the "Case of the Missing Key" - elementary my dear Watson. :laughing:

If the address is nearby leave a note in the post box to the house that they could claim the key at the Police station. Leave the key at the police station till it is sorted out.

Edited by LeonW

The owner of the house may have misplaced his key and left it in the cache by mistake. He/she is looking all over the place and in the car for the misplaced key. My logical deduction of the "Case of the Missing Key" - elementary my dear Watson. :laughing:

If the address is nearby leave a note in the post box to the house that they could claim the key at the Police station. Leave the key at the police station till it is sorted out.

:laughing: Don't try that "do gooder" stuff in the other half of my neighborhood. The police would be saying "Hey cool! We'll "check out" the house tonight and see if there's anything that we can steal for the "good of the community." They've had a LOT of new equipment lately and no explaination on how they afforded such luxuries. Take the house key to the address, or do a reverse look up of the address to get the phone number. Ask the owner for an explaination. If it's meant to travel somwhere...they'll let you know. If not, you'll have a very happy person who is glad to have his keys back.

(Ok..I did accidentally leave my GPS in the cache one time because I was in a hurry, but at least I remembered and went back and got it. I'll bet that's what happened with these keys.}

Just the type of swag I would like to find in a cache - a GPS! Took GPS - left nothing, did not sign log. :laughing:

About the police, wow, I thought the LEO in America were above any suspicion - but if they were - there would be no crime, now would there?

we found a keychain with a ton of keys on it while caching. It had one of those electronic keys on it that cost like 70 bucks to replace.

no names or addresses though.

It looked like it had been in the woods for a year or so.

We logged that it was found, and left it in the woods.

Later, we were back at that site, and the keys were still there. I noticed that they had a little "superamerica" gas card attached. I took it to superamerica to see if they knew who the keys belonged to, and they just took them from me and said they'd find the person. No idea if they ever did.

It seems odd that someone would put their address on their keys. I wouldn't. Drive by the address to satisfy your curiosity, but I would be very wary of actually going up to the front door. I would just mail the keys to the address (without any return address).

Maybe the house is loaded with mass amounts of treasure and a wealthy person left the key for some one to find and get all the treasure.... but I doubt it.

Why does this remind me of the beer commercial that came out during Super Bowl '07... "but he's got an AXE!"

Maybe it's a serial killer who's using geocaching to lure people to his house... :)

Creepy!!! :laughing:

Wish Cinder would come back. You don't suppose it was a trick B) to lure a poor innocent geocacher to a strange house so they can steal her purse... :lol: his purse? I mean, I wasn't here when YOU all told her to go to that house. She might be dead now...... :rolleyes: Wonder where she is? (or he)

Wish Cinder would come back. You don't suppose it was a trick :D to lure a poor innocent geocacher to a strange house so they can steal her purse... :o his purse? I mean, I wasn't here when YOU all told her to go to that house. She might be dead now...... :(

Or tied up in somebody's cellar.

OR....maybe someone really DIDN'T find a key....and just wanted to goof on everyone!

I have NO idea what to do if it's real.....but I say approach with care should you go to check the place out. It could be a home, a business, anything....could be the key doesn't work for anything....they're just using it as a source of advertising.

Who knows......but, if it is real, I'd love to hear the outcome!