puzzle caches

PLEASE DO AWAY WITH PUZZLE CACHES

ARE WE GEOCACHING OR SITTING AROUND SOLVING PUZZLES

IF WE HAVE TO HAVE PUZZLE CACHES CAN WE MAKE THE OWNER POST THE COORDS AS WELL FOR THOSE THAT DONT HAVE THE TIME OR DESIRE TO SIT AROUND PLAYING STUPID PUZZLES

GIVE US THAT CHOICE IF THEY WANT TO SOLVE THE PUZZLES THEY CAN ,BUT HAVE THE COORDS THERE FOR THOSE THAT ARE GEOCACHERS AND WANT THE THRILL OF THE FIND NOT THE BORING SITTING AROUND SOLVING PUZZLES THAT ARE ALL OVER THE WEB AT SIGHTS FOR PUZZLES

what happenned to geocaching?

the site has become a puzzle solving website not geocaching.

this is rediculous the idea here is to have the coords and find the cache.

not solve stupid puzzles

there are many websites just for puzzles

KEEP PUZZLES OUT OF GEOCACHING

What percentage of all caches are puzzles? Maybe 5-10%? Since it is so easy to ignore them with your PQs I'm not sure why you have any issue with them.

IF WE HAVE TO HAVE PUZZLE CACHES CAN WE MAKE THE OWNER POST THE COORDS AS WELL FOR THOSE THAT DONT HAVE THE TIME OR DESIRE TO SIT AROUND PLAYING STUPID PUZZLES

GIVE US THAT CHOICE IF THEY WANT TO SOLVE THE PUZZLES THEY CAN ,BUT HAVE THE COORDS THERE FOR THOSE THAT ARE GEOCACHERS AND WANT THE THRILL OF THE FIND NOT THE BORING SITTING AROUND SOLVING PUZZLES THAT ARE ALL OVER THE WEB AT SIGHTS FOR PUZZLES

I get the feeling you are a sockpuppet. Here is my answer from the duplicate thread... :laughing:

I've been browsing the forums this evening and getting a little peeved at all the recent angst. There must be a full moon on the rise.

I can't let this one go. . .the OP has 9 finds, seven hides (and one of those hides is an archived puzzle). It might appear there is bigger problem here. What's the real issue, Silver Bells? There are plenty of people here who can help you with a specific problem or situation.

I've been browsing the forums this evening and getting a little peeved at all the recent angst. There must be a full moon on the rise. I can't let this one go. . .the OP has 9 finds, seven hides (and one of those hides is an archived puzzle). It might appear there is bigger problem here. What's the real issue, Silver Bells?

First you have to figure out who Silver Bells really is.... :laughing:

not solve stupid puzzles

Are you still angry that nobody ever found YOUR Puzzle Cache? Why hide them, if you can't stand them?

You only have nine finds, I hardly think that you've run out of traditional caches. :laughing:

This cache of yours SURE looks like it contains a puzzle to me.

I think they have a name for people like you...... :laughing:

I merged together two threads started by the OP in two different sections of the forums. Please do not start multiple threads.

Now, I'm off to get working on a certain mystery -- a puzzle, if you will -- that is suggested to me from reading this thread.

Sic em Keystone!

(I wonder if SilverBells is actually..... Sexy_Sally????)

I merged together two threads started by the OP in two different sections of the forums. Please do not start multiple threads.

Now, I'm off to get working on a certain mystery -- a puzzle, if you will -- that is suggested to me from reading this thread.

Sic em Keystone!

(I wonder if SilverBells is actually..... Sexy_Sally????)

There does seem to be a rash of these people lately. What's up with that?

you don't like them, do not do them, one of my puzzle caches even won an award for being the best puzzle in that region.

If you do not like them, do not do them and filter them out.

I would post something in the form of a puzzle but I am too busy putting together a cache page for a cache I hope to put out tomorrow....a puzzle cache at that

I agree!!! Eliminate all Puzzle caches!!!!! That way I can get some sleep again. We are planning a trip, and rather than ignoring those pesky puzzles, I'm trying to solve as many as possible. Will we find them all? Heck no, but I'm having fun solving what I can. Wait, did I say eliminate them?! I meant, BRING EM ON!!!! :laughing:

not solve stupid puzzles

i say BRING BACK LITERACY!

now, once you are literate, chances are you will have better luck solving puzzles.

not solve stupid puzzles

i say BRING BACK LITERACY!

now, once you are literate, chances are you will have better luck solving puzzles.

:laughing:

not solve stupid puzzles

That's not a problem that I have. There are plenty of caches for me to find without puzzles. We never get everthing we want. I'd like to make it so whiney butt finders can't see my caches to whine about them. But...that's just not practical. So I ignore them and ejoy the other finders. You can do the same for puzzles.

I once told an electronic engineer about geocaching and he responded, "That sounds like a no-brainer to me." That was when I began to make geocaches that were definitely not no-brainers. I have developed a clientele of sorts. E.g. read this post. Once a prominent player of the sport told me that he passes mine on by. Why, he's like me and doesn't have the time to solve the hard ones. I make them because they are a challenge (some a big challenge) to create. I find that they are a way of expressing myself, of using my mind - also known as my brain.

Until creativity is banned from geocaching, I plan to keep on keep'n on.

-it

Hey, I agree!

I think all caches should be in a big ole field.........

With one big ole tree in that field.......

And a big Pile-O-Sticks under the tree! :D

And the more McToys......THE BETTER! :(

Sing along now:

There's a tree in the middle of the field,

There's a tree, there's a tree,

There's a tree in the middle of the field.

There's a pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's a pile, there's a pile,

There's a pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

There's a cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's a cache, there's a cache,

There's a cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

There's a Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's a Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's a Mctoy, there's a Mctoy,

There's a Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

There's an crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's an crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field,

There's an crack, there's an crack,

There's an crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

Well, what else is going to be in a McToy? Aren't they usually broken? :laughing:

Hmm... maybe I should use this song in a hint... What do you think? :D

Hey, I agree!

And a big Pile-O-Sticks under the tree! :(

And the more McToys......THE BETTER! :D

Sing along now:

There's a Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

There's an crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field.

Well, what else is going to be in a McToy? Aren't they usually broken? :laughing:

Oh. My. God. I can't /breathe/, I'm on the ground, and I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

not solve stupid puzzles

Methinks someone is in need of a timeout ...... :laughing:

lol just did a search (before I found this thread) of you guessed it puzzel caches near my home so I can see how many I can solve before I go out hunting.

Have a number solved already maybe I need to set a day a side to go find them all.

Unfortunately some of them are overseas. Still I enjoy the challenge, seeing how other cache pages are set up, and reading the logs of those who have found them.

So keep them coming.

I live near a very puzzle dense area of caches. Grand Rapids Michigan has a ton of hard puzzles. Im not good at solving them so I've only solved a couple. I haven't cached in too many areas but it seems that there is a much higher ratio of puzzles in Grand Rapids. But the nice thing is that I can skip over them if I dont want to do them. There are tons of traditional and multi caches if I want to cache there. Man I love geocaching!!!

Last night a puzzle got published in Grand Rapids that I could actually solve!!! Here it is.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...41-6dc260c7ee98

Its GC13YXG if the link doesn't work.

Sexy Sally Silverbells. Hmmmm

Watch out folks, she's a yellin now!!

Must really need to be heard.

Great. Fell into another one. :laughing:

PP

Hmmmmm.... Let me paraphrase: "I can't do puzzle caches; they're too hard. The fact that other people do them, and seem to enjoy them, makes me feel stupid. So, the fact that I feel stupid is the puzzle cache's fault--I'm just a victim. Therefore, they should be banned."

I just came across my first puzzle cache in my home area. This thing is gonna drive me nuts, I just know it! :laughing: Some of the logs say searchers have spent months trying to solve the puzzle. :( I look at it, and I'm clueless. But the logs of just about everybody who has found the cache rave about how well thought out the puzzle is. So, I guess I'm going to feel a bit dim for a while, as I figure out this puzzle.

Hey, I agree!

And a big Pile-O-Sticks under the tree! :(

And the more McToys......THE BETTER! :(

Sing along now:

Love it! :):D:)

All joking aside, I was going to post something this morning about puzzle caches as well.

Not that I think they should be banned or anything, but...to be honest....I can't solve them.

Or perhaps "can't" is a strong word. I'm an intelligent, educated person. Unfortunately, I may not be educated or experienced in whatever said cacher decided to use as a code for their puzzle cache. Like perhaps HTML programming, numerology, ancient sanscrit, etc. Or perhaps, If I had every font ever created installed on my PC, I could decode a particular set of coordinates encoded in a particular character set.

SO, I guess, what I am looking for is a training class on puzzle cache solving. Call it Puzzling 101. See, I dont want to have to go running back to the hider for hints until they just about give it away. I want to solve it myself. But to do that, I need the proper background, training, knowledge, etc. So which one of you expert puzzle solvers have some time to train us clueless masses?

Also, as a side note, is there any guidelines for puzzle caches, for example that solving them should not require you to have to purchase additional software or other products?

P.S. I do agree that geocaching should be more about spending time in the outdoors and less about hunting for days on end on my PC to find a certain photo which, if turned upside down and looked at ina mirror will show the episode number of a certain cartoon , that, if purchased and watched, will give me the first 2 digits of a coordinate, if converted from dodecadecimal based numerology

There's a tick an crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field...

There's a germ in the tick in the crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field. :(

Okay, I'll add my 2 cents before this thread gets the axe!

There's disease in the germ in the tick in the crack in the Mctoy in the cache in the pile under the tree in the middle of the field. :laughing:

not solve stupid puzzles

That's not a problem that I have. There are plenty of caches for me to find without puzzles. We never get everthing we want. I'd like to make it so whiney butt finders can't see my caches to whine about them. But...that's just not practical. So I ignore them and ejoy the other finders. You can do the same for puzzles.

Butt finders? LOL!

There is no way that this thread will ever end up in the best drama thread. It simply doesn't generate the drama well enough. I find it seriously lacking.

BTW, if you don't like puzzles, don't look for puzzles.

Hmmm,it MAY end up in the sock thread...maybe.

Large rash of angst and whatnot lately in here.I blame summer solstice. :(

Seems like there are a few people who cannot stand the thought there may be caches they will not want to get. Not every cache will appeal to every cacher!

The information on the cache page should not only help find the cache, but should also let you know if the cache is even one you want to try for. You really do not need to find every cache.

I don't do too many puzzles caches. Even though I have enjoyed those I've done, they are not my piece of cake. However, when I read the logs and see how much others do enjoy them, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WANT TO ELIMINATE THEM??? :(

All joking aside, I was going to post something this morning about puzzle caches as well.

SO, I guess, what I am looking for is a training class on puzzle cache solving. Call it Puzzling 101. See, I dont want to have to go running back to the hider for hints until they just about give it away. I want to solve it myself. But to do that, I need the proper background, training, knowledge, etc. So which one of you expert puzzle solvers have some time to train us clueless masses?

I would like to hear the responses to this--I've tried my hand at solving several puzzles (long distance, just to find the coordinates, you know, in case I ever go there LOL!) But some completely baffle me. I also like to create puzzle caches, but nothing as complicated as what I've seen. (I've only done one, but am working on two more series of puzzles that should be pretty fun--I hope!)

Celestialmom

Edited by celestialmom

I love puzzle caches! I also like to find traditional regular caches. Nothing better some days than walking up to a tree and seeing a man made pile of sticks with a nice fat cache under it.

If they were all puzzle caches I may get a bit tired of them but if none exists... I would have to create one! :(