60CSx and custom POI

jfabes

For the life of me I cant figure out how to delete custome POI's that I have loaded. Any help?

I don't know of any way to delete specific POI's from a unit, if that's what you want to do.

If you want to delete all installed custom POI's, use POI Loader. After launching the program, and after it detects your unit, you'll see the following screen:

POILoader.jpg

Choose "Remove all previously installed custom POI's from your device" to get rid of them all.

If you have multiple POI files loaded, you can also delete one or more specific POI files from your unit using the "USB Mass Storage" mode. Put the unit into that mode, then look in the Garmin/Poi/ folder. You'll see one or more .gpi files. Each of these is a POI file. Delete one or more of these files to remove them from your unit.

Hope this helps!

--Larry

Do what?

POIs that are bitmaps?

Not sure what you are asking.

POI Loader will load CSV and GPX files that are properly formatted. Some unit have the ability to also load a custom icon in the form of a bitmap that is sized and named properly.

Yeah, that's what I ment....how do I take a properly sized bitmap and load it in as a custom icon?

Do what?

POIs that are bitmaps?

POI Loader will load CSV and GPX files that are properly formatted. Some unit have the ability to also load a custom icon in the form of a bitmap that is sized and named properly.

Yeah, that's what I ment....how do I take a properly sized bitmap and load it in as a custom icon?

That can be found in the xImage help file.

The only way I was able to find xImage was by a google search, and it was a version released in 2005. Garmin doesn't appear to have any links on their site to it. Do they still support it? Is this version from 2005 the most current?

Do what?

POIs that are bitmaps?

Create the image and save as a .bmp file with the exact same name as your .gpx file.

Image size should be about 13X15 pixels.

There may be another way, but this is how I do it.

The only way I was able to find xImage was by a google search, and it was a version released in 2005. Garmin doesn't appear to have any links on their site to it. Do they still support it? Is this version from 2005 the most current?

There's a link directly from the 60CSx web page - here. It's the most current, supported, and works fine.

There's a link directly from the 60CSx web page - here. It's the most current, supported, and works fine.

Ah ha! Thank you. I was just going into the Support/Software section and looking for xImage there.