Lunch With GSAK [GC13EPA]

SeabeckTribe

There are lots of cachers with lots of QUESTIONS about GSAK. And lots of cachers that have lots of ANSWERS about GSAK.

This will be a very casual Meet and Greet to talk about our trials and errors of this program.

We will talk about how to do queries and load them into GSAK. How to do filters, merge files and create & add your own waypoints. We'll even show you how to export GSAK into Strees & Trips.

Bring your CHARGED laptop with GSAK or the trial version of GSAK on it. If you don't have a laptop, never fear! There will be enough of them around for you to watch and take notes. Or you just can socialize.

This will be a "BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH" event.

Location - Silverdale Waterfront Park. 11 AM to ? on August 4, 2007. The covered area is a first to come, first to get. We hope to get there early enought to claim a corner. Just in case, bring a blanket or lawn chair.

FYI, this was added to the WSGA forum calendar earlier today.

Personally, I'll watch it, but unfortunately since the WSGA Campout is the following weekend in Port Townsend, unless Clyde himself is there I'll probably not make it...too much similar travel in too close a time period.

FYI, this was added to the WSGA forum calendar earlier today.

Personally, I'll watch it, but unfortunately since the WSGA Campout is the following weekend in Port Townsend, unless Clyde himself is there I'll probably not make it...too much similar travel in too close a time period.

Amen. Even with the cost of gas slowly dropping I just can't justify too many trips to the peninsula this year.

Just to remind you... Clyde from GSAK has donated a GSAK license as a "door prize".

Everyone signed in at the event will get a ticket for this free drawing. You will need to be present to win and have to provide us with...

1. Your full name.

2. An email address

3. And your geocaching.com name

We'll pass this information on to Clyde and he will then send the winner registration information directly.

We have been looking for a projector that you can use from your computer, but have not had any luck. If you know someone that has one and will lend it to us for this event. Please let us know.

Remember... You don't have to have a laptop to be able to come to this event. We will be providing some hand outs. Just bring paper and pencil for your personal notes.

As we stated "There are lots of cachers with lots of QUESTIONS and lots of cachers that have lots of ANSWERS about this great program". We hope to learn something new ourselves.

See you on Saturday the 4th. :lol:

The event is over and it was nice to pick up some good hints and procedures for using GSAK. It was small enough group to chat with everyone. Great place for the kids. They could play where you could still keep an eye on them. Even had WiFi from the nearby floral shop, although my old laptop couldn't connect. Thanks to the Seabeckers for a great event. Dick